Tann- how far back to the first twist we can't see around? Just curious if something were to come from behind how far back it would be when we noticed it.
Also, the ring of the ear - the description I have doesn't really give a range. How close would I need to be to pick up speech?
Group - If the ring would allow Lothor to hear them, is it worth taking the time? I assume it isn't worth the time to have someone sneak forward and potentially give us away, but that is an option as well if the range isn't sufficient.
Well, we have a full on attack plan in place. Time to get your posts up since in a bit over a day Tann is going to want to describe two dead and exploding beholders. I'll get Lothor and Talca up within 24 hours.
1. What is the range of a handaxe from Lothor? Does his hill giant strength change the range at all? At 60' is he likely to hit? I had him guard the rear, but might change that depending on things.
2. Is it possible for us to time it so one person fires off a spell, say magic missile, 1 second ahead of the rest? Then if we saw it hit a barrier of some sort the others could stop their casting? I'm not sure how you would handle such a timing. It doesn't seem like the one second would be enough to cost everyone else their surprise attacks, but that isn't my call.
To the group. We seem to be launching as many area of effect spells as possible. But some of us don't have that ability. Talca targeted the left clown faced one with his arrow. Be sure to specify which one you are targeting and look at previous posts - try to split such attacks.
1. Where the wall was blown up - did it look like it was blown into the tower or out from the tower? Just curious. I know we have already passed it. Any hint how?
2. The cavern - is it still as cold as the tower had been? it says "ice" so I assume so, but there is ice and there is ice.
to the group - it looks like we know where the beholders came from. Anybody got a direction sense spell? Also, do you think it is possible that this opens onto another plane? The super cold? The cyclops seemed to not know what was below his tower despite its power. Is there a way to check?
Posted on 2017-10-30 at 20:50:24.
Edited on 2017-10-30 at 20:52:33 by Nomad D2
1. Where the wall was blown up - did it look like it was blown into the tower or out from the tower? Just curious. I know we have already passed it. Any hint how? From what you can tell the wall was blown into the cavern from the tower itself. You can easily tell the cavern was here way before the Tower was built.
2. The cavern - is it still as cold as the tower had been? it says "ice" so I assume so, but there is ice and there is ice. Good question was wondering if any one would ask lol. Due to the size of the cavern the ice is there but much thinner and the cold is not as dangerous as the closer spaces in the tower itself. You all can survive on just your Endure Cold/Heat spells and no longer need to huddle under Sirene's protection sphere.