The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4025 registered users. Our newest member is JessieErickson.
Online members: cdnflirt
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Personal Creations - Audalis X - The Future Awaits (posted by TannTalas)Audalis X
Common Room - Bug Reports! (posted by Alacrity)Bug Reports!
Comings and Goings - Checking In (posted by cdnflirt)Checking In
Comings and Goings - Checking In (posted by Altaira)Checking In
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Dungeon of the Unhallow
Parent thread: Dungeon of the Unhallow Q&A
GM for this game: Skari-dono
Players for this game: Dragon Mistress, Brianna, Celediel, Savrit, gboy, Mephistopholes
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Dungeon of the Unhallow
RDI T-shirts!

Outrun the Dragon
Price: $18.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

Celediel
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 22/9
104 Posts


blue team go!

Quote:
His voice returning somewhat, Germyn continued. "I was a ranger... killed some cult of Nerull... I was sent here... Cursed to live for centuries... I've lost track of time..." Hesitantly, he sheathed his sword. Holding it at one side for several seconds, he stared uncomfortably at the woman before him.

"I hope you can see well enough in the dark," Kaylena said as she focused on making the shadow in which she stood spread out enough to dampen the existing lights. But not that well, she thought, when she became invisible right after.

"Do not worry yourselves, I'm here but unseen," she said. Quietly moving in David's direction, she heard a voice, a man, begging.

"Please let me out, I don't want to stay here, either," he said, repeating and varying his plea in desperation.

Thinking that this could perhaps be another ally, she moved to get a closer look. Kaylena hadn't had a choice about the other two in this situation, but that wasn't any reason to throw caution to the wind now. Not that there was any wind in this place. She tried to remember how different the air felt in the cell compared to this so-called "freedom." She peered around the corner of the storeroom's now-broken wall into the cells beyond, careful not to step foot within the bounds of the cell itself. It was impossible to tell if the way they affected magic had been disturbed by the wall's collapse.

{{OOC: Control Light, dimming by 30%. Invisibility. Moving Silently to the north wall)


Posted on 2009-05-01 at 20:44:34.

Mephistopholes
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 3/1
29 Posts


Germyn

Germyn finished inspecting the contents of the barrel and came up with another short sword and a pair of bracers. Quickly and effectively he strapped on his gear, and paused for a moment, re-accustoming himself to their weight. When the voice of another prisoner came to his ears, the ranger perked up and tried to smell the air for this new comer.

But the voice was out of range. Looking to his new apparent allies, Germyn spoke. "Do we help him?"


Posted on 2009-05-02 at 21:11:20.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Katsumi

Katsumi had watched Miliani's strange ritural to it end, but had stepped away a pace and clung onto her tetsubo with a firm grip when the dtrange beast in the senter of the pentagram appeared. HEr face remained passive though she was not confortable since did did not understand what was going on.

"What was that thing?" Katsumi asked quietly once it had disappeared.

When she hears the voice from those still locked in their cells, Katsumi turns to the others, "Let us go see what we can do for those still locked in their cells. We should be wary though."

Yes cautions and and because of that Katsumi will keep the strange red-skinned elf in front of her and not behind her until her true nature is revealed.


Posted on 2009-05-02 at 22:12:21.

Savrit
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/11
165 Posts


Vestiges

"What was that thing?" Katsumi asked quietly once it had disappeared.
Miliani realized that maybe she shouldn't have been so hasty in giving her new companions a first hand experience with her skill. If her people were repulsed by it, then most likely others would also find it difficult to wrap their minds around as well. As she finished cleaning and putting away her tools Miliani answered Katsumi's question.

"That was Amon. He is a vestige. Once he was a deity of light and law, but he died of neglect a millennia ago. It is believed that he lost his followers to other more attentive deities. His will was strong enough to resist eternal sleep on the Astral Plane, and so the part of him that still exists is what you just saw. He has been changed by living outside of reality. As you see he is bitter and not all that pleasant to look at. But I suppose if you spent a millennium trapped outside of reality with no connection to the world, you might be pretty bitter too."

"Binders like me have the power to bring forth the vestiges and make use of their abilities for they do not have the power to do so alone, and they crave that connection to reality. Much like us prisoners here I suppose. And just in case you are worried I may end up being connected to someone that deserves to be in that prison, please know I am picky about who I am willing to work with." She paused to think a moment then smiled to the other two women and began to move on again when...

"Is somebody out there?" a deep, male voice asks from one of the cells in the hallway. "Let me out, and you will not regret it." Other voices from the other cells begin speaking as well, all asking to be released.

Katsumi responds, "Let us go see what we can do for those still locked in their cells. We should be wary though."
Miliani agrees with Katsumi, and with a nod of her head goes quietly to the door that the male voice came from. She peered through the small window to try and get a visual on the being inside. Once she had him in sight she attempted to cast clairvoyance on him to see if she can get a better idea what lays beyond the door.




Posted on 2009-05-03 at 00:28:15.
Edited on 2009-05-03 at 00:32:47 by Savrit

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Red Team--Moving On

"A vestige of a God." Katsumi repeated to herself, as she thought about Miliani's explanation. "It is sad to see what was a God of Light and Law reduced to that thing we saw."

katsumi moves over towards the door where she heard the voice coming from. She had no special abilities to judge others except by their words and actions. And words were often twisted with need and not truth.

Her eyes adjusting to the low light in the prison allowed her to see further than most humans could, though she knew those of elven blood had much the same skill.


Posted on 2009-05-03 at 02:24:29.
Edited on 2009-05-03 at 02:26:58 by Brianna

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Red Team--Aurora


"At least I can detect evil, so that will keep us from releasing ones who are better left in prison."

Aurora look to the summoner, "calling on a bitter deity is not a thing to be done lightly. Some bindings can break and that leaves the bound one a chance to attack its binder."

Aurora will move to each cell a ascertain the alignment of the prisoners within.


Posted on 2009-05-03 at 02:43:30.

Savrit
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/11
165 Posts


Knowing

"Calling on a bitter deity is not a thing to be done lightly. Some bindings can break and that leaves the bound one a chance to attack its binder."
Miliani took another look at the tall woman not knowing just how to respond to her comment. In all her forty years she had never experienced such a thing. Her books never even spoke of it. She was aware that on a bad day she could be influenced by Amon's foul temper, but that happened less and less these days.

"I am touched at your concern for my well being. I trust that I am in good hands. Should such a thing occur I believe that you will do the right thing."

Miliani felt that maybe she was being just a little mellow dramatic, but she thought it would be more fun to let them just believe what they will about her skills. Getting out of this place was number one on her list, and stopping to explain all the intricacies of a rare form of spell casting seemed rather exhausting to her. Miliani simply made up her mind to let her actions speak for themselves, and if they couldn't handle it she would simply have to find someone else to help find a way of escape from this dreadful place or, parish the thought, simply take off on her own.


Posted on 2009-05-03 at 20:16:47.
Edited on 2009-05-03 at 20:18:49 by Savrit

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Back to Blue.

"Well, I so no need to help him unless he can give us something in return. I mean, there's only so much to do before someone becomes dependent on you. And when there's dependance, there's weakness. Those who are weak don't deserve to live off the strong."

Taking an arrow out of his quiver and nocking it on his bowstring, David gazes out into the distance, where he sees a guard. "However, it would seem as though we've got other problems. A guard is coming, and he won't be happy when he sees us freed. What say we form a mutual agreement to work together to bust out of here? Unless you want to stay here."


Posted on 2009-05-06 at 00:37:10.

Mephistopholes
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 3/1
29 Posts


Germyn

Germyn thought about what his newfound ally had said. Somehow it seemed... wrong. To simply leave a man to wallow in prison, just as they had until so very recently... But then David mentioned a guard. Lips curling back in a vicious snarl, the deep growl returned to the rangers throat.

The thought of revenge drove all else out. Germyn would have his freedom, and he would have delicious revenge. Falling to his knees, Germyn's breathing became thick and hard, beginning to sound like a dog's panting. Focusing, the ranger bent his will towards his body, forcing it to undergo the change that would give him the power to kill his captors.

{{Control Shape Check to change to Hybrid Form}}


Posted on 2009-05-07 at 00:51:50.

Skari-dono
Icelanders! Roll Out
Karma: 102/11
1514 Posts


Pleads

BLUE
As you look closer into the cell, a rough man appears before your eyes. He looks strong and capable, but much like any other prisoner he is without arms or armor. His hair is wild, his face is covered with beard, and his skin is covered in scars of battles past.

"Let me out," he pleas, "and I will get you an alliance with my tribe. Many of us were imprisoned here, and if we are released we can help you escape."

The man speaks loudly, and despite the calling and yelling from the other prisoners, the guard seems to have heard him and seen you. He begins moving quickly towards you.

Upon hearing of the guard's closeness to the group, Germyn feels his rage boiling in his veins. His muscles begin to bulge and his skin starts to sprout fur. He feels extraordinary pain as his bones stretch out, and his figure becomes larger. It has been a century since his body knew anything but the human form, and he has become unaccustomed to take on other forms. Once the deed is done, the pain quickly moves aside for Germyn's rage. He now appears to be bigger, and his entire body is covered in fur. Regardless of how you look at it, no one can describe him any differently than having the visage of a large wolf.

Maps:
David's sight Kaeleyna's sight

RED
You follow the voice to a locked door. Gazing into the cell through the bars on the door, you see an old man. Despite his age, his muscles are great and in his eyes you can see the fiery youth. His hair is white as snow, his beard covers his face and reaches far down his chest, his towering figure stands in the middle of the cell, and he is only decently covered by a red cloth and a leather-strap serving as his belt. To the magical perception of Aurora, he does not appear to be purely evil.

"I am Nikulas," he says with a deep and booming voice, "lord of the Northern tribes and known as saint of the barbaric horde. I..." He hesitates, as if what he is about to say next is hard for him to say. "I... ask for you assistance in getting out of his forsaken prison."

Maps:
View


Posted on 2009-05-09 at 00:25:59.
Edited on 2009-05-11 at 23:03:45 by Skari-dono

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Aurora


Aurora will do a detect evil on the man, if he is not evil she will ask the others to help her free him. There was no need to release an evil creature, it would only make their escape harder.


Posted on 2009-05-09 at 01:05:08.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Red is Ready// Katsumi

Katsumi know not all of those imprisoned in the place for of good intent. She had been aware of aome strance fould creatures in other cells. However this older man did not have a appearance such as they and his speech is hesistant was simple request for freedom. She had hers she would not willing leave a at least decent seemin gcaptive behind without tryping to free them.

"I have no problem with freeing you, Let me see what I cand do. to get you out of there."


Posted on 2009-05-09 at 03:27:07.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


David.

"Alright you bugger of a guard in this godforsaken hellhole. Come at me all you want. But just like the others who imprisoned me, you'll be dead before you know it. Assault without provocation is a crime. You will now be punished for it."

David took a quick step into the cell which he was outside of to manipulate around the wall, and drew back his bow and let fly, and almost like lightning shot another two arrows from his quiver, aimed at the guard. The three shafts of death hurtled toward the guard.

"Taste my fury."

_______________

Doing a full attack with rapid shot.


Posted on 2009-05-09 at 04:03:04.
Edited on 2009-05-09 at 17:25:56 by gboy

Savrit
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/11
165 Posts


...

((OOC Miliani was casting Clairvoyance in the last post once she had set eyes on the man.))

The young Fay'ri stares intently through the door at the man as he speaks. Hoping to hear what thoughts lay just below the surface. Wondering if he would make a good ally or simply kill them once he had the chance.

I have no problem with freeing you, let me see what I can do to get you out of there Miliani heard the human say.

She turned to look at Katsumi briefly and whispered, "Wait just a moment. Aurora can sense if he will be a threat or a help to us. The last thing we need is to accidentally release something that will end our freedom before it has truly begun."

Miliani then goes back to watching him intently hoping to sense what intentions lurk deep within his mind.


Posted on 2009-05-10 at 00:42:48.
Edited on 2009-05-13 at 06:13:57 by Savrit

Celediel
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 22/9
104 Posts


Kaylena

Quote:
Looking to his new-found allies, Germyn spoke. "Do we help him?

Kaylena ducked back around the corner after getting a look into the captive's cell, so as to conceal her seemingly-disembodied voice and whereabouts from the tribal.

Quote:
"Let me out," he pleas, "and I will get you an alliance with my tribe. Many of us were imprisoned here, and if we are released we can help you escape."

"If his release is easy, I can see no reason not to add another ally of circumstance. The cell next to yours, Germyn, looks like the only one whose door hangs ajar. If we make it to the hallway, we can learn more..." her voice trailed away as she scooped up her little winged companion and refreshed her cloaking magic, making sure that it applied to Sarcy as well.

Quote:
The three shafts of death hurtled toward the guard.

"Taste my fury."

Aghast at the brazen manner of confrontation on display, Kaylena thought better of the cautious approach to scouting through that open door. Getting to the hallway and finding a better hiding place seemed a much more attractive prospect. As quickly and quietly as possible, she tucked Sarcy to her body and moved for the exit.

{{OOC: recasting invisibility and applying it to Sarcy as well. Move Silently straight E toward the open door that was on the map. If the hallway is also brightly lit, she'd stop to Control Light again, but no time for that, it's panic-and-run time!}}


Posted on 2009-05-10 at 04:29:05.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.