The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4025 registered users. Our newest member is JessieErickson.
Online members: cdnflirt
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Personal Creations - Audalis X - The Future Awaits (posted by TannTalas)Audalis X
Common Room - Bug Reports! (posted by Alacrity)Bug Reports!
Comings and Goings - Checking In (posted by cdnflirt)Checking In
Comings and Goings - Checking In (posted by Altaira)Checking In
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Other Sci Fi --> Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG
Related thread: Destiny Flight - QnA
Related thread: Characters in Destiny - a Serenity RPG
Related thread: New Destiny Characters
GM for this game: Alacrity
Players for this game: TannTalas, SilentOne, Bromern Sal, Nomad D2, Odyson, Chessicfayth
    Messages in Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG
RDI T-shirts!

Mens Chaotic Evil
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Mens
Price: $14.00

SilentOne
RDI Poet - 1.5 Innma
Karma: 37/5
819 Posts


a body?

Alaxis entered the infirmary and a frown formed on her lips seeing the body floating, the bags on the tables. Walking further into the room she couldn't help a spark of sadness cut through her at the state of the room, the duct tape was Everywhere. A voice suddenly cut through her thoughts and she forced herself to pay attention, 

"Got a suitcase here. Looks to be sealed off completely by tape. Has a note that reads, 'Save her, please" The captain himself spoke to her. She hummed lightly and went over to him and peered at the case, her brows furrowing slightly as she read the screen then her eyes flickered to the duct tape all around it, her frown deepening slightly, 

"5 percent battery..." She looks up at the captain and frowns, "We can't do anything until we've switched that battery. Furthermore, I am not sure entirely what's IN it. It could be anything, something that this .. John Seward... wanted saved could be anything or... anyone." 

 



Posted on 2019-12-16 at 21:16:30.
Edited on 2019-12-16 at 22:32:52 by SilentOne

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 155/11
4193 Posts




Wyatt studies the case while the doc performs her assessment. Save her could mean the ship, except for the obvious situation of the case. In his estimation, the case can't hold anything larger than a small child. An animal is possible but why go through all this effort to save one--sacrificing his own life to do so. No. There is but one solution. There's a child in that case. Maybe even a baby.

"Could really use some power 'bout right now," Sung radios his tech team.



Posted on 2019-12-17 at 01:24:20.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 156/25
6237 Posts


Plan B............

As he looked through destruction Pops heard Doc's comments, "Got a suitcase here. Looks to be sealed off completely by tape. Has a note that reads, 'Save her, please" ......."5 percent battery......."We can't do anything until we've switched that battery. Furthermore, I am not sure entirely what's IN it. It could be anything, something that this .. John Seward... wanted saved could be anything or... anyone."

A moment later Wyatt's voice piped in, "Could really use some power 'bout right now."

"Ghorram..sounds like you got some sort of life support in a box over there.....well this unit ain't about to charge any battery let alone power up the ship. Time for a plan B."

"Fox you think you can guide Wolf to the main generator in Engineering? We need to give it up here. If you two head down to the main units...I think we might be able to spear a backup battery out of the shuttle...that might buy you guys the time you need to get things straight."

"Wyatt...I'm going back to the shuttle to see if I pull a battery of two to see we keep that thing you found going a bit longer."

With a Pops made his way out the room and back down the shaft, through the cargo hold. Carefully he made his way back to the shuttle. Boarding it didn't take him long to find the backup power cell, Packing them securely he made his back to the air lock. "Wyatt..on my way back...these power cells should do the trick."



Posted on 2019-12-18 at 21:00:52.
Edited on 2019-12-18 at 21:03:18 by Odyson

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/118
6510 Posts




“Pops, Fox your with me lets get to engineering” Looking to Wyatt as he moved out he gave the Captain an old Browncoat sign of good luck. A wink to Alexis and the three of them were on their way……

Quickly the three of them made their way to the ships engines finally reaching a set of doors labeled ‘Back Up Generators, High Voltage, proceed with Caution’ A quick entrance and into a room full of chaos with wires, control panel parts and ripped pieces of duck tape floating around the room.

What had once been a back-up generator was now a mismatch of missing parts, whoever had did this made Fenris’s stomach turn, for it was clear they had, had no go tsao duh* idea what they were doing. As Fenris started a closer investigation he could not help overhear Pop’s call to Wyatt.

"Wyatt...this ain't going to be easy, someone has torn most of the power unit apart for parts...It'll take a bit to see there is enough left to get something on line. Wolf and I will start but may take a bit."

“I have to agree with Pop’s, Captain, this room is worse then Da-shiong bao doo tze** on a good day. I’ll do what I can fast to get it up and running. but no promises”

"How about you start from the out feed and work back into the generator. I'll see if I can find the parts you need....If we can't get this going we may have see if we can do better in Engineering."

“Ok on it” Turning back to what remained of the generators he went to work using his extreme knowledge of engines and such to find a solution. Within moments he could see that his first thoughts were correct, the batteries were completed drained and cold with the generator completely stripped of wiring. The big mechanic that the control panels had been ripped off using a pry bar, the back of a hammer or some type steel rod. The hydrogen fuel cell that fed the generator was cracked so Fenris knew there was no way to restart the generator. Again the big guy could not help seeing that whoever did this was an amateur and in a big hurry. The only one way to get any power to the ship now was to get the engines started and that could only be done in main engineering.

“Liou koe shway duh biao-tze huh hoe-tze duh bun ur-tze, whoever did this left us nothing to work with. We need as you thought,

Pops, to head to engineering and hope we can start the engines.”

Just then Fenris heard the voices of and then Wyatt in his ear.

"Got a suitcase here. Looks to be sealed off completely by tape. Has a note that reads, 'Save her, please" ......."5 percent battery......."We can't do anything until we've switched that battery. Furthermore, I am not sure entirely what's IN it. It could be anything, something that this .. John Seward... wanted saved could be anything or... anyone."
A moment later Wyatt's voice piped in, "Could really use some power 'bout right now."

“Working on it boss but looks like the engine room is our best hope for power.”

"Ghorram..sounds like you got some sort of life support in a box over there.....well this unit ain't about to charge any battery let alone power up the ship. Time for a plan B. Fox you think you can guide Wolf to the main generator in Engineering? We need to give it up here. If you two head down to the main units...I think we might be able to spear a backup battery out of the shuttle...that might buy you guys the time you need to get things straight."

"Wyatt...I'm going back to the shuttle to see if I pull a battery of two to see we keep that thing you found going a bit longer."

As Fenris and Fox headed for the engine room, Pop’s headed back to the shuttle, and in no time his voice was once more heard.

"Wyatt..on my way back...these power cells should do the trick."…………

Now it was up to the big mechanic to get the engines up and running once more…..

(OOC: Any rolls you need to make Roger, lets hope they are good ones)



Posted on 2019-12-18 at 22:45:51.

Chessicfayth
Cheshire Cad
Karma: 102/3
1178 Posts


Further down the rabbit hole.

I still have a bad feeling about this.

 

Fox made his way to follow Pop's orders. He only knew enough about engineering to be slightly more useful than the paint in the air, but damned if he wouldn't do what he could. Guiding Wolf to where he needed to be was well within his abilities.

 

He couldn't help but think to himself, as he glided along in silence, about his comments prior to boarding. Apparently, there was someone here to save. Fox was expecting quite the conversation when they made it back.

 

Still, he maintained his stance. At the time, he hadn't known. And the odds of this exact situation were astonmical. If he'd known there was someone here, of course he would have been more willing to risk it.

 

That's what he kept telling himself. He hoped it was true, too.



Posted on 2019-12-24 at 00:25:14.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6340 Posts


ding and a ping

Demeter  Day 3, 10:00 pm Ship Time (ST) – Time spent on Demeter: 2 hrs

Jonah moved through the ship to get a battery to the infirmary.  The silence of the ship was getting oppressive now and he missed the sound of engines humming and background noise.  Once he arrived at the Infirmary he looked around at the mess and realized whoever was in the generator room was the same person in here.

Fox and Wolf moved down the corridor that ran between the forward and aft sections of Deck 1. It is 300’ to the aft section through a circular tube with a metal corridor running down in. There is a movator (a escalator kinda thing similar to a thread mill running down the corridor to two directions) on both sides but they are off like the rest of the dead ship. After some time, the two reach the main engineering section. The first room is Engine control and maintenance. A dead man floats in here. His hand is frozen on a clipboard. The name tags on his uniform reads Arthur Holmwood. A pen floats by you, catching the light of your helmet cam as it passes.

The power breakers are all down. The drive is shut down. Assuming Arthur was the mechanic here, he must have shut the engines down by the numbers. A quick check of the clipboard in his hand confirms this. He intentionally shut the engines down while in the black.

The second room is for monitoring power distribution and shield modulation control. There is a small corridor here that leads to the emergency life pods. All 6 pods are still here.  

 

Destiny Day 3, 10:00 pm Ship Time (ST)

Ivy was in the pilot’s chair watching the monitors and wishing someone would ping her or just let her know if everything was okay. She thought of calling on the radio, picked it up several times now, but didn’t want to sound like the scared little girl that she felt like at the moment.

*Ping*

Ivy looked up. She looked at the monitors but they were showing nothing. I heard a ping. What ping?

Nothing on the screens or scanners. Ivy made a face. She pulled up the auto-log of the system and searched through the code until she found her ping. She then looked up what the code meant.

 “High levels of radiation detected” on long range scanner. Less than a second, not enough to set off an alarm but enough for the LR’s to detect. She shook her head. That could be anything out here.



Posted on 2020-01-08 at 14:35:02.
Edited on 2020-01-08 at 14:35:56 by Alacrity

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 155/11
4193 Posts




Demeter  Day 3, 10:00 pm Ship Time (ST) – Time spent on Demeter: 2 hrs

<<Working on it boss but looks like the engine room is our best hope for power.>>

<<Ghorram..sounds like you got some sort of life support in a box over there...well this unit ain't about to charge any battery let alone power up the ship. Time for a plan B. Fox, you think you can guide Wolf to the main generator in Engineering? We need to give it up here. If you two head down to the main units... I think we might be able to spear a backup battery out of the shuttle... that might buy you guys the time you need to get things straight.>>

<<Wyatt>> Pops comes back across the radio. <<I'm going back to the shuttle to see if I pull a battery of two to see we keep that thing you found going a bit longer.>>

Staring at the case on the table, Wyatt's mind races with the possibilities. The possibility of this being anything other than a child is becoming slimmer and slimmer the more the captain considers the options. The question that comes to mind, however, is why? Why would the crew give up their lives to give this "child" a chance--slim though it may have been--a chance to survive. What makes this so gorram special?

In the War, both sides would run ops that included bait. Draw the other side in and play on their compassion. Ambush them once they focused on the bait. These operations were surprisingly effective time and time again. And suddenly, Wyatt's hackles are up. Glancing across the room towards the door he considers the possibility of ambush more seriously. Considering their location in the 'Verse, what threat could there be, and why? Bandits? They do roam the trade routes... but they use energy nets, EMP, and--how did they get a hold of the Demeter? This is extremely elaborate and two hours without being ambushed... 

"All right," Captain Sung turns to Alaxis and Alex. "This is all kinds of off. Alaxis, stick with the case. When they get the power back on, I want t' know what's in it faster than fast."

Activating his radio, Wyatt continues, "Fox, meet me by the lift. Ivy, do me a favor and run a couple o' sensor sweeps jus' t' set my mind at ease."

Squelching the communication, Wyatt informs the doc and pilot of his plan. "Me an' Fox are gonna do some more investigatin'. This whole thing is sitting crossways with me an' we're running shallow on time. Keep your heads on a swivel."

(OOC: Assuming there aren't any objections...)

Stepping into the hall, Wyatt is careful, his thoughts already hovering around the whole ambush scenario. Hand on his Colt, the captain cautiously makes his way back towards the elevator where he is intent on meeting up with Fox.

Once reunited with Castlebrandt, Wyatt explains, "I ain't convinced that there's not somethin' else we got t' deal with here. So, we're gonna go room by room an' clear this coffin."

... OOC: Whatever time passes before...

<<Wyatt..on my way back.>> Pops reports. <<These power cells should do the trick.>>

"Excellent," Wyatt responds, "Let's get this show on the road."



Posted on 2020-01-12 at 21:17:20.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 48/5
2436 Posts


A Ping to heighten the tension

(In his last post Alex inspected the cabinets and the body bags but there was no comment on what he found. I’m guessing this means not much of interest, but he would continue his original search.)

Moving on from his examination of the bodies Alex started to look over the equipment in the sick bay. He wasn’t a medic, but he’d been around his fair share of tech. He inspected it to see what sort of equipment he could find. Was there any sort of data entry point? A place for entering reports? Could he link into it in any way? Or, if they got power, where would he start? These were all just ways of passing the time until they learned more.

 

(Does Alex know about the Ping? Assuming so. If not, ignore the following.)

And then they got the notice about the radiation signal. What the heck was that? That was odd. There was a lot of odd in the universe, but there weren’t that many coincidences. Things happened for a reason – basic physics. Something out there was putting out radiation. Briefly.

He moved to meet up with Wyatt. It seemed that it was time to do a search of the ship. An ambush? Out here? Who would have known that anyone was even coming here? Some sort of timed trap seemed more likely. Regardless, he moved after Wyatt, ready for anything. Adrenaline had been a reality ever since they got close to the ship, but it slipped into high gear as the pair of them began looking. A room by room search. Alex thought it a damn fine idea.



Posted on 2020-01-15 at 20:27:13.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6340 Posts


captain's log supple men show

Supplement - Infirmary

Alex inspected the cabinets in the infirmary. They were filled with the usual assortment of bandages, medical supplies and the first aid supplies one expects in a infirmary. The drugs and other liquid supplies were frozen solid, some of the containers now cracked from expansion. Some of the cabinets are very neat and tidy while others look like they were torn apart in a frantic search for something.

The body bags are tagged with Bio-hazard tags and the only information written on the tags is the names “Renfield” and “Helsing”. When Alex feels the body bags, he finds that they do not feel like bodies. Instead there is a lot of bumps and curved surfaces within, but the skeletal remains (ribcage, skull) are detectable.

Supplement – Engineering

Fenris looks over the check list and starts to think it through. Can’t start a fire without a spark. So the mechanic knows he need to get the fusion power plant running and the engine turning. To do so cold, you need a battery backup but the battery backup would be dead. So….

He moved around the engine room looking at the equipment and then saw the first good news since he got on the ship. The engine room has a generator hooked up to a fuel cell.

Wyatt comes over the radio, "Fox, meet me by the lift. Ivy, do me a favor and run a couple o' sensor sweeps jus' t' set my mind at ease."



Posted on 2020-01-17 at 12:43:32.
Edited on 2020-01-17 at 12:55:40 by Alacrity

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/118
6510 Posts


One stop shopping :)

Reaching the engine room Fenris stopped to take a quick scan of what he would be facing in getting the engines restarted and got the first good news since he had gotten on the ship. The engine room’s generator was hooked up to a fuel cell. Quickly moving to the huge generator and its fuel cell he flipped its breaker giving it a few minutes to power up.

With the engines slowly starting to turn he did a quick yet thorough assessment of the room to see if anything would need to be done before he continued in his attempt to re-power the ship.

Once he felt he had enough power Fenris quickly hit both the breaker for life support and ship’s power and again as he waited scanned the room for anything still usable if not on this ship then on the Destiny for sure. Slowly but surely the big mechanic went through the steps he knew so well in restarting the big cruiser.



Posted on 2020-01-20 at 20:26:55.

Chessicfayth
Cheshire Cad
Karma: 102/3
1178 Posts


Who could have seen this coming?

Fox moved with a renewed sense of purpose as he followed the captain's order to convene at the lift. From the sound of things, it was probably starting to sink in with the others how wrong the whole situation was, one way or another. Meeting with Wyatt and Alex, he began helping them clear the ship, simply happy to be doing something to address his concerns.

 

 



Posted on 2020-01-20 at 22:36:37.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 156/25
6237 Posts


Jumpy..........

Jonah made his way to the sick bay, do was there watching the contraption attached to an odd looking box. As he walked into the room holding the battery packs," These should get that back up to snuff....likely even have enough fire up something else in here for schoesh if'n ya need....maybe an xray or scan to help figure what's in the box." The old man probed the box's system and it wasn't long before he was able to fix up jumper cables to the rig so he wouldn't blow out the controls. Pops watch he scanner as transferred power to the new power cells. Jonah watch to see the percentage indicator increase.

(If the transfer of power goes smoothly.) (If not I'll edit as needed.)

"Wyatt..we seem to got this thingy stable for the moment. Gonna see if Doc want to try jump a little power to anything else before we figure how to move this box out of here."

Jonas look up to Alaxis,"Well Missy just point out what else you want fired up and I'll pop the panel and see if we can juice it up." Pops waited for Doc's reply as he look around the room. "Heard there were life support pods still down in engineering, might be able to quick rig one of them as some sort of quarantine pod....maybe you can move that box down to one of them and we could tote it back to Destiny. "



Posted on 2020-01-22 at 21:58:06.

SilentOne
RDI Poet - 1.5 Innma
Karma: 37/5
819 Posts


Regrets perhaps?

Alaxis watched the box with growing dread. What could have been so important that you'd risk everything to save one ... thing? ... person? .. She frowned slightly then jumped when a voice reached into her thoughts, putting to rest the swirl of emotion. 

"Well missy just point out what else you want fired up and i'll pop the panel and see if we can juice it up." Alaxis turned her gaze away from the box and frowned, as he continued explaining that life support pods were still in engineering. 

"Life support.." She shook her head to clear it, now was the not the time for thoughts to stray. "Sorry, yes. Life support would help us out alot to get it back to Destiny.  However, I'm worried as to what is inside the box. If it is a person, they shouldn't be kept asleep." She pauses as she turns her gaze back to the box humming to herself, "If we begin to revive whatever it is on the inside, and it turns out to be an enemy, here would be a good place so we don't put the Destiny at risk. On the flip side. whatever ... whoever is inside this thing could be injured." She seemed at a loss at what to do, the pros of doing it here was that she isolated any potential threat to Destiny. She took an oath to help anyone that was injured. She looked around the sick bay and sighed, alot of the equipment here she did not have on the Destiny. Sighing she turns to Jonas, "I can't in good thought leave this alone. If there is someone in there that needs help. We have to try. Lets begin to revive it here. If it's hostile at least we're away from Destiny." With that the doctor begun to work on reviving whatever, whomever, was in the case.



Posted on 2020-01-23 at 00:02:21.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6340 Posts


da da

Demeter Day 3, 10:30 pm Ship Time (ST) – Time spent on Demeter: 2.5 hrs

Room to room search (See map, level 1 that you are on, starting from top of page, (left)

1a: This room in the forward end of deck one is a workshop and a storage room. There is a small metal lathe, a 3d plastic resin printer and several other crafting equipment. There are 4 EVA suits hanging here with two full cylinders of air each

1b: This small facility contains two sinks, three toilets and a shower area.

1c: The crew quarters (4) - Each of these small rooms contain two beds (each containing a small storage area underneath them), a small table and a large storage locker.  (Assuming you are not doing a hard search) One room there is a stuffed bear with a tag labelled “Pooky” floating around. Another room a ruck sack with three sharpen wooden stakes and a mallet and a bottle of “DD’s” or Dreamdoze, a highly illegal drug (20 tabs with a street value of 20 credits a pop).  Another room has a litterbox for a cat with a cover and doorway.

1d: The Infirmary

1e: The Mess Hall (room with large round table) - All food preparation is done here, with a small oven and refrigeration unit. It looks like there was a celebration going on here before whatever happened. A couple of empty bottles of booze float around the room, glasses and frozen pieces of bao.

1g: Room was check out, the trashed back up generators

1h: Systems 2 contains the primary computer core for the entire ship. The room contains three large servers hard-wired into all ship systems. All of these are shut down intentionally (powered off). By the time the three of you reach here, power is starting to come on in the ship, slowly. Emergency lights activating, fans turning etc.

Engineering

Apollo start to work on the generator. Cold cold cold, everything was gorram cold.  His initial efforts to start the generator failed but he kept trying, heating parts of the generator very carefully with his torch at a distance. Then it finally caught and the generator stayed on. He wanted to rush but there was no way to push a fusion reactor to work faster. He flipped a few of the breaker into the on position, to get emergency lighting on in the ship and the fans moving. No air to blow but the movement would be good for the systems. He watched the temperature gauge on the reactor, it was moving up slowly. He be able to start it soon and then get the engines turning again.

Infirmary

Alaxis started to revival process on the case. She had to work with what she had and luckily, whoever set this up, set it up to make revival easy. The Medcomp reported that the internal temperature inside the case was going up slowly. Vital signs began to pick up slightly. All seemed to be going well, but it was not a quick process.

Destiny

“Ivy, do me a favor and run a couple o' sensor sweeps jus' t' set my mind at ease.”

“Sure thing Captain.” Ivy responded and did what she was told. “I am getting a heat signal in the engineering. Otherwise not much has changed.” She thought about mentioning the radiation but dismissed the thought. Didn’t want to worry the Captain for nothing and did not want him to think she was jumping at anything.  “Everything’s shiny Captain. Find anything yet?”

OOC: I will stop there so you can communicate and decide if you want to continue. Fenris will be activating the power on the ship which will start life support and gravity. LS will take some time to pressurize the ship but gravity may be rather sudden.

 

Apollo



Posted on 2020-01-26 at 13:38:24.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 156/25
6237 Posts


Time, time, time........

Jonas watched as Alaxis went through the motions the revive what ever was in the box. He wasn't sure this was the best idea but then he wasn't the Doc. "I understand you want'n to help what'eer be in that box but keep in mind that when it's pumping life again we still gotta it back to Destiny. That box may be the closet thing to a EV suit we got to get'er back."

The more pops thought of possibly using an escape pod to get the box back the less he felt it would work. Although it might have everything needed as a contained self support that ejection mini engine would not be easy to disconnect, all they'd need was to have it blast while trying to remove it from the tube. Yet if the ejection could be disabled they might be to nudge it out the tube, snag her and drag it back to Destiny. It would likely take Wyatt's, Wolf's and his tinkering to pull it off and Jonas didn't know how much time they could spear messing around on this ship.

Jonas continued checking the other equipment, "We might have enough power to get a little action from of this other stuff, you need anything?"

Jonas felt the little stutter that run through the silence of the ship."Wolf must be making some head way, maybe we'll have regular power soon.", the older man thought.



Posted on 2020-02-10 at 18:44:39.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.