I am planning on running Metamorphosis alpha again in the inn, this time ill post all the mutations in a post and full instructions for creation
Backstory-You are a student at the school of gifted individuals or SCHOGI for short, you are on an assignment to the 2nd level to find out what happened in the village of Targran that it stopped communication though you are not sure why they were communicating with the school. The school is mostly humanoid with a quarter of them being Fae-short winged humanoids that size in about 2'2/2'1 and, if they were born with thermokinesis, are very strong in that area.
The school was made to help you develop your abilites to use them in a way thar was not thought possible or just plain better than training on your own would achive(think X-men and Xaviers school or a school full of misfits in general)
types of beings-Fae(humanoid), humanoid in general(human mutants) and pure mutants(animals, plants; will be found later on and join the group as a petof sort or if approved(and small enough) can be on the grounds already)-forgot one, and pure human(rare in the school and the area but ya never know)
Posted on 2012-09-11 at 01:31:08.
Edited on 2012-09-15 at 18:11:11 by Takley
taller-can be up to 13ft tall with 6ft being normal(normal human ranges apply for ages)
shorter-can be down to 1 inch tall
outsized body parts-increases one body part(if ya choose it, keep it clean) and makes it stronger
new body parts-you have parts not ussually found on a human body-eg. heat-sensing organ, tentacles, gas generating gland...
poison claws or fangs-your claws or fangs exctrete poison
multiple body parts-more arms, eyes, legs...up to 10(whatever is rolled)
regeneration-you regen faster with each amount of body weight(10 pounds=1 point)
gas generation-can cause death or unconciousness
quills-usually along the arms and legs to keep othersfrom touching you
gills-you body will change to allow for gills to be used for breathing-use is obvious
chameleon powers-like the chameleon-immeadeatw
radiated eyes-you can emit radiation blasts from your eyes(once every four turns)
electrical or heat generation-eel type abilities with either heat or electricity
sonic abilities-you can resonate high frequanciesthat can damage at short ranges
light generation-you can emit blinding light(even in daylight)
physical reflection-you choose one form of energy(heat rat, paralyzation dart, electrical, radiation...) and your skin reflects it in random directions
partial carapace-increases the armour class and covers the back and head-reduces damage done to those areas by half if cracked takes 1-12 months to grow back-takedouble damage if cracked
total carapace-armour over the entire body that raduces damge by half-heals as fast as your hit points-takestriple damage if cracked
heightened smell-you can smell from 200ft away, cannot be ambushed or suprised, can track for tracks less than a day old and recognize what belongs to who
heightened hearing-can sense and identify separate sounds in a 200ft radius, cannot be suprised as it works through solid objects
heightened touch-can identify ancient devices faster as they can 'feel' the logical use of it, can find the weak pionts in something(given time) causing the objects eventual destruction
heightened vision-can see over one mile and see into infra-red and ultra violet spectrums
heightened taste-can identify any poisonous substance and can also identify something as edible or not
heightened dex-can jump, dodge or shift body position(having the top armour class without wearing it)-only works if not encumbered
heightened str-can go beyond the limit for str roll and causes 3 die damage over and above any damge a non-powered weapon may cause
heightened precision-instinct to pinpoint weak points on an opponent and structural weakness in a material object. does 2 die over any damage you do with any weapon
heightened balance-cannot fall into a pit, trip or land on anything but there feet; can climb sheer walls, can walk on ropes that are 1in thick ropes without falling(over the ground and i the air) if left undisturbed. difficult circumstances
wings-nuff said-can fly for 100ft on a melee turn
shapechange(reptile/animal/insect/all of them)-cannot have the powers of the form you assume-reptile, animal or insect, only one is shosen normally, requires two melee turns to change successfully, can only have shapechange if chooses to take more than one form.
sub-class-can imitate the radiation wave and go unaffected by them, imeadeate and works against radiated eyes-can be picked with other powers or alone
density control(self)-can increase your armour class to not take damage and can be negated immeadetely by the mutant(if desires) 1-10 turns it lasts and it can be used once a day.
• Heightened intelligence-intelligence +4 (cannot go over 18 ) can figure out ancient devices faster. Necessary for plant mutants
• mental paralysis-you can override the nerve centers of another being, if held for 3 turns, they will die
• teleportation-teleport to a memorized place(range of three miles) that they were in for 8 hours, if not spent 8 hours memorizing they have a chance to receive 10d6 damage-one person
• levitation-lift yourself in the air with as much weight as you can carry ion one hand, lasts for up to 25 melee turns, afterwards rest for 5, no other activities can be undertaken
• telepathy-can talk to all beings within 25ft of yourself
• multiple increasing of power through contact with similar entities(mass mind)-you can strengthen yourself by surrounding yourself with other of your species or powers-eg. Precognition-may be able to see days ahead, not just minutes. Has a chance to kill you after five turns
• precognition-can sense dangerous situations if they threaten you, can see 3 minutes into the future and requires great concentration-works if entering a door and you feel threatened
• illusion generation-can create images that others see with a range of 100ft, only touch will disprove the image, it can go as far as having odour and sound to what the other expects
• mental control-control another being but suffers the same fate they do, initial range is 50ft and then it is not limited, can stop the connection at any time-takes control of the body, you are defenseless
• telekinesis-can lift objects up to what you can lift yourselves, max time is 5 melee turns, must rest afterwards for five turns-cannot lift yourself
• pyrokinesis-can heat up the target to eventually burst into fire. 1st turn-1d of burning damage, and then through undisturbed concentration up to 10d of damage can be done with me deciding when the fire starts. 25m range
• cryogenics-same idea as pyrokinesis except colder
• force field generation-can make an invisible shield 5in away from you, lasts for 5die of damage and after it goes away, you can only one a day if it breaks-cannot move around
• repulsion field-can trap others in a bubble of energy, can move up to 50ft away
• reflection power-can reflect any type of damaging energies but is susceptible to swords and other types of incapacitating damage-cannot move but the reflection increases damage as the turns pass. Can only use it once a day
• weather manipulation-can change the pressure of the air on a massive scale-options, light breeze(1 turn), gusty winds(2 turns), light rain(3 turns), thunderstorm(4 turns), fog(five turns), light snowstorm(6 turns), blizzard(7 turns), below zero weather(8 turns)
• life leech-can drain energy from living organisms, works at a 30ft diameter affecting friend and foe, will drain 6 hp per melee turn and give them to the mutant for a 24 hour period. Only works on semi-intelligent and intelligent beings
• mental blast-direct damage by the mind, 3die of damage every turn of successful attack
• mental defense shield-adds +4 to your mental resistance(cannot go over 18 ), can detect another mutant with mental powers within 30m
• charismatic effect-can blind within 50ft from the being that uses it, 5ft diameter field that can blind them for 1-10 melee turns
• magnetic control-works on non-animate, non-powered materials that is Fe(iron), lasts for 25 turns and has a range of 100yds
• density control(others)-look at density control self, but affects others, slows them down
• mental transparency-cannot be seen by unintelligent beings that do not pass the mental resistance check, can still be heard, smelled or touched. May not attack but can move around
• absorption-choose one type of energy-cold, heat, light, paralysis rays, radiation or mental blasts. Can absorb up the number of hp max, if they have maxed out, the user suffers double melee damage(this lasts for 24 hours
• molecular disruption-can only be used every 7 days and if used reduces them to 1hp and moves at half speed for that time. It affects different materials differently but affects to 100lbs of metal and dense material and stone and non-metal. For biological beings it affects any amount of material. The material affected (if it works) is gone forever.
• time field manipulation-can send objects through or travel through the currents of time, requires 18 intelligence and heightened intelligence. The force required to send things through depends on the material, it puts the object where the object was in the present. Drains half of the hit points for 1-8 days and moves at half speed for 1-12. options- 1 week, 25 weeks, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, 25 years, 50 years, 100 years, 250 years. Can only affect what the user is touching at the time, the draining happens even if it works or not.
• death field generation-drains all but 1hp within 60ft of the mutant in 1 melee turn, cannot do anything for 1-20 turns, affects both friend and foe
• planer travel-opens a 10x10 opening which lasts for up to 3 turns, may or may not be populated, no way to leave them once entered except for opening another on, one a week.
• will force-can double anything the mutant can do eg. to-hit through sheer force, but only one-can be used once every two days
• mental control over physical state-can disregard things like pain warnings and override things like fatigue and blood loss for one day, also increases the chance of survival mortal wounds(heals up to four times as fast as normal. Can have double the normal str, dex, and speed for 5-50 turns in overwhelming danger(useable once a week)
• de-evolution-can strip powers away from mutants, if it works, takes away their greatest ability FOREVER, and can remove 2 more on every subsequent turn the force is used in action. Useable once every 7 days, lasts to the end of combat.
• telekinetic arm-an arm that is as strong as a human with 18 str up 50 yards away, floats 1-6ft off the ground always, it must be visible to the mutant
• dual brain-you have two brains (maybe not in one head), can figure out any artifact faster and if one is attacked the other can control the body-can only have 3 other mental mutations total.
• heightened brain talent-can figure out the use of an artifact in a third of the time, gets two saving throws against a mental attack, you cannot tell a lie to someone with this power without them knowing it
• military/scientific/economic genius-Military-+4 to-hit with any weapon and one die damage over. Scientific-+10% chance of finding out what an artifact can do and any weapon that they make will do +4 damage, takes three times as long to make it though. Economic-will be able to turn a 3x profit on anything they try to sell, has leadership potential like a human.
• temporal fugue-can make perfect copies of themselves by shunting back and forth between the time stream (never staying), can make up to 10 copies per week, that last 5 turns or until death, fir each killed in battle they must rest 1 week , they all appear together but work individually and without plan.
• intuition-are aware subconsciously of the factors of chance and precognition, cannot be surprised, =3 damage, =1 to-hit. No useable when other powers are working
Posted on 2012-09-11 at 01:52:28.
Edited on 2012-09-21 at 05:04:18 by Takley
number of mental mutations:1d4(if you roll a one, either re-roll or count as a two(house rule)
number of physical mutation:1d4(if you roll a one, either re-roll or count as a two(house rule)
Posted on 2012-09-11 at 15:40:59.
Edited on 2012-09-11 at 15:42:37 by Takley
pm me your question or if is a question that you think should be answered in the recruit ask it there.
pm me the sheets and I will expand on what is built there, as well if you want anything specific pm me and I might allow it. I will pm you the completed character sheet so you can look it over or have any more questions about it.
I would request that there is at least one female in the group, if any of the players are(I'd also suggest that she is played by a female), if not, I have a character from the live game I am going to be gming as well I can throw in.