The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4025 registered users. Our newest member is JessieErickson.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Personal Creations - Journal of Algrak the Black (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Journal
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - Remnants of Rayeskell (posted by cdnflirt)RoR: Game thread
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, cdnflirt, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

NPC
Price: $14.00

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 54/18
2268 Posts




   "Ye bring shame on your family name attacking yer fellows after giving your word of aid.  You are not worthy of yur fathers name.  He was a dwarf of honor."  Cor hoped to enrage his opponent so he would make a mistake.  Though it was a sad task, Cor knew he had to kill his friends son.



Posted on 2020-01-15 at 20:06:04.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 156/25
6240 Posts


Now you don't...........

Ulthok:

The small mage was annoyed that blast of five missiles had not dropped Derro. "Yo but these buggers are tough." he thought to himself. From within his protection of invisibility Ulthok scanned the cavern but before he prepared his next attack. A movement out of his peripheral caused a quick look to the North and for the first time Ulthok realized that the dark to the North was not of normal shadow, but having been created magically. "There could be more hiding in that shadow or more likely their spell caster....we need to clear that." Sending his thoughts to Peri," "Can you see that shadow at the back of the cave? It may be magical and it is likely hiding their spell caster or some other threat. Can dispel that magic shadow?" Ulthok sensed she had understood.

Sensing the Derro was injury even though it still stood Ulthok decided to melee attack. Sneaking behind the Derro while still invisible his Rogue talent prepared to shine. Drawing his sword of Lightening Quickness as he moved into position. With his sword of Lightening Quickness in hand he stepped forward in a sneak attack appearing at the Derro's back. He lashed out twice with the speed of the magic enhanced sword. When the second blow was done he again will spirit into his ring and vanished to prevent an easy target for the Derro.

Peri:

Peri was pleased that spells her and her new friend had cast were slowing the advance of the enemy below. She had stayed invisible and didn't intend to come back into sight until the battle was a little heated. As she fluttered Ulthok's thought's came to her. "Can you see that shadow at the back of the cave? It may be magical and it is likely hiding their spell caster or some other threat. Can dispel that magic shadow?" Peri looked to the back of the cavern. "Ah yes, it does seem odd to have shadow where light should be." Peri advanced herself to be in range and cast Dispel Magic over the shadow at the back of the cave. As she took shelter near the cave wall she reached her thoughts out to Frag. "You silly boy, perhaps you could change that mad back to stone, that would make it even much harder for the creature to march on friends."

Valene:

Valene was quite put out that the flames left be the fireballs was not enough to sustain the fire elemental she tried to summons. But with a bit of luck and perhaps some blessing from her patron she was able to hold her own with her enchanted Sword Of Combat Dancing. She continued to attacked the Derro in front ofher. Her sword would allow her multiple attacked while her Boots of Speed helped her dance and dodge her attackers blows. She could only hope her rapid movements would disadvantage the Derro's attacks. If she could get the chance when the Derro was not looking at her she would use the magic of her Hat of Disguise to change her appearance to a Derro and try to get the enemy to attack someone else.



Posted on 2020-01-22 at 20:54:45.
Edited on 2020-01-22 at 21:14:41 by Odyson

SilentOne
RDI Poet - 1.5 Innma
Karma: 37/5
823 Posts




Rayden grinned slightly as she brought her sunblade once again down against her enemy, knowing her brother was near by bolstered herself even though she was without her ever present companion of Brutus. She watched the gleaming blade of the sunblade move in a deadly dance, all the while keeping healing spells at the forefront of her mind.

((Attacking HA5 once again.))



Posted on 2020-01-22 at 23:43:07.
Edited on 2020-01-22 at 23:43:46 by SilentOne

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1281 Posts


Let the storm be free

With the shadows summomned to draw the attention of nearby derro and her stoneskin to protect her, Siréne was free to act. She would do so, with deadly severity. Drawing rage through the Staff of Fury, the witch spun it with her own rage and that of the Dark Goddess. The rythms of the tempest awakened by her dark fey magic now pulsed through her being and called for release. Uttering a tonal word of power, Siréne slapped her hands together to unleash the fury of the storm. Thunder roared with an explosive crack as a blinding bolt of light streaked through the traiter and his derro like a crooked line of death. 

Frag did his part. Invisible and high about the battle, the faerie dragon sent magical confusion down upon the muddy derro. Perhaps they would trip and fall... What delight!

 

((OOC: Sirene uses 1 charge from staff of fury to empower Lighting Bolt. Bolt will target I (first target) and might hit any or all of the following; HC10, PA8, HC7,4C, HA5, HA1, HC19, PA5. A lightning bolt is a narrow line (5 foot wide by 80 feet long) that will not hit Cor, Rayne or any other allies. 

Frag casts confusion on the derro in the mud.))



Posted on 2020-01-25 at 12:48:03.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6518 Posts


Post Edited 02/16/2020

To most of the party the threat to life was clearly before them and in such a so familiar way. Massed numbers of enemy and just the six of them with a few Dwarves. The skill of the party in both weapons and magic for the moment having the advantage. However one of the party feared that the greater danger lurked in the darkness to the North.

For Ulthok, moving quickly still invisible his sword in hand, fearing that something lurked in what he now could clearly see was magically created darkness, sent a mental thought to Peri to attempt to dispel it and show what lay within it. Her head cocked to look down at the halfling Thief/Mage as he attacked from invisibility she could only send back “Huh?” as she had not the ability to dispel any magic at all. That thought unexpected threw the halflings aim off yet he was still too close to miss. His sword plunging deep took whatever life the Derro had left leaving him nothing but dead flesh to fall to the ground.

For Valene facing only one Derro, still disappointed there was not enough fire to bring forth an Elemental, found herself easily in her own element. With a smile on her face at the corny word pun, her sword of dancing still in her hand, the halfling Thief/Cleric went to work. Her boots of speed easily too fast for the stocky heavily armed Derro to hit she quickly hit him twice both cuts deep. Pirouetting away she watched as the Derro fell to the ground bleeding to death.

Lothor’s plan of attack was no different then before but was one that had served him well. His large sword once again in motion he watched in pleasure as the sword finished what it had started and turned the Derro from one living enemy into two pieces of a dead one. Looking forward he could see that Valene was also for the moment free from combat and unsure of what to do next.

For Arandur having weakened the Derro before was more then happy to continue. His twin swords raised and aimed the elf found that thanks to his earlier strike and the loss of sight in the Derro’s eye, the dwarf;s attacks easily missed him and left it off balance. Both rapiers striking true the Derro fell to the ground dead, all sight not just in its hanging eye, black. However the Elf was not without  an enemy as from behind he was struke soundly. Only shear luck and his armor saving him he turned to face another heavy armored Derro, the dwarf the creature had been fighting dead on the floor.

As with her brother Rayden’s sunblade had scored a hit in her first true melee combat leaving the Derro before her bleeding and most likely dying yet still alive enough to attack. Meeting it once again head one she was horrified as her foot stepping on a pool of blood slipped out from under her crashing her to the ground her attack a miss. However as she went down she felt a pain in her side as the Derro’s axe cut into her side, painfully but not life threatening deep. As she scrambled to regain her feet she watched as the evil dwarf turned as if to strike her again but fell to his knee’s instead. Alive yes, able to attack no longer, the loss of it’s blood from Rayden’s first hit too much to over come.

With her 4 shadows still engaged in melee, drawing the two Derro meant for her away. The Elvin Enchantress Sirene found herself free and that was a good thing and to her more of a good thing was always the best. Having sent to Frag to attempt to confuse the Derro covered in mud and grease, Lifting her staff of fury the Witch Enchantress spun it within her own rage and that of her Goddess. Dark fey magic now pulsed through her being calling for release. A word of power, hands slapped together, and the fury of the storm was unleashed.. A sound as if an explosive crack sent a bolt of lighting forth from the magical wooden staff to fly through the air and stab into the body of Ironclaw who was moving once more towards another round of combat with Cor. Though the stout dwarf was staggered he did not seem harmed as the bolt of lighting continued past him. As the lance of light reached the now confused grease covered Derro caught in the mud, the bolt seemed to dip as if aimed by hand, striking a pool of thick grease. Within not even seconds the grease exploded in flame causing all Derro trapped to catch fire. Cries of pain and anguish coming in such a confused tone was music to Sirene’s ears. Perhaps her Goddess watched her even now.

With the sudden grease fire alight, the exploding cloud of smoke was thick enough to cause the heavy crossbow armed Derro an inability to target the party and the dwarves fighting with them. Though they could not target, they could still fire and thanks to the thick smoke all the bolts missed this round.

For Cor facing the once honorable Ironclaw the fact that this fight would only end in death was a sad conclusion. His mind and heart both as cold as ice the dwarf Knight Cleric moved once more to a meeting of blades. Suddenly Ironclaw was enveloped by a coat of lightening, the force causing both dwarves to be pushed apart and almost on their knee’s. Cor having taken no damage from the blast moved forward to the attack. His axes lashing out he was able to gain upon Ironclaw a light wound as the dwarf rolled away instead of trying to stand and fight. Rolling far enough to stand once more the traitor dwarf stood once more and charged.

For the three surviving dwarves from those having entered the room with Ironclaw and the party, only 2 remained, the third having been killed this round. Though they were fighting well, holding the two Derro they faced from the party, they were lossing. Slowly taking hit after hit and unable to return the pain, the Derro's armor just to thick to breach, in only a few seconds they would fall.

(OOC: OK my apologies for such a LONG wait all I can say to my defense is I have no excuse but to say I’m sorry and I will try not to let it be this long of a wait again. Will have a modified map up by weds. Ok next post on the 23rd and once more GAME ON!!)



Posted on 2020-02-10 at 22:33:12.
Edited on 2020-02-18 at 16:36:57 by TannTalas

dragon-soul92
Resident
Karma: 13/1
394 Posts


Luck Be With You

Arandur had little time to smile grimly at his latest victory as with no warning pain blossomed like an angry rose across his back. His thin lips curled into a furious snarl and a growl erupting from deep within his throat, he spun swiftly around to face his new assailant, mentally thanking the Gods for granting him the luck to avoid serious injury. The elf's emerald cat-like eyes fell upon the slain dwarf the Derro had just dispatched and though Arandur did not harbour any great love for dwarven kind, he still felt anger and sorrow casting a darkened cloak over his heart. The dwarf was an innocent and a brave and steadfast warrior doing his duty to his kingdom and Arandur was determined not to let the dwarf's death be in vain.
Adjusting the grip on his twin rapiers to allow for a better and more firm hold, he once again spread his feet into his battle stance, his position as strong as a deeply rooted tree. Holding the left rapier horizontal across the front of his sternum to block the Derro's assault, he swiftly brought the right down, aiming for the foul creature's jugular on his neck, hoping for a swift victory by severing the artery.


Posted on 2020-02-19 at 17:00:50.
Edited on 2020-02-19 at 17:02:21 by dragon-soul92

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 48/5
2441 Posts


Bow time again

Seeing most of the Derro near to hand dealt with Lothor again pulled out the great bow Anduril's Blood.  He wanted to target the crossbowmen across the flaming grease, but the same dmoke that seemed to give them pause also delayed the big fighter.  He would target what he could.  

 

(OOC:  The plan for Lothor is

1.  If he can see he will target the Derro crossbowmen, starting on the right and moving left.

2.  If the smoke prevents a decent shot he will target those in the burning grease.  He will target those closest to escaping the grease first.)



Posted on 2020-02-20 at 15:28:32.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1281 Posts


I call the Fire

A wicked smile crept across the witch's lips as the flames began to consume the derro. The Goddess sent inspiration with her favor. Stepping away from the her summoed shadows that battled the nearby derro, Siréne drew her fey senses into the dancing flame, seeking the gateway between this world and the planes of fire. Chanting with sonorous tones, the witch began to sway as she drew forth a new ally to join their battle. 

The roaring flame came to life and decended upon the nearby derro with divine rage. Fire, death, and glory.

 

((OOC: Puts some distance between herself and the nearby derro (walks closer to Ulthok). Casts Summon Fire Elemental))



Posted on 2020-02-23 at 16:05:25.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 54/18
2268 Posts




  Cor stood his ground as the traitor charged.  His axe was ready and he would not hold back.  "Die ye traitorous scrum.  Ye bring dishonor to your house and your ancestors. "  



Posted on 2020-02-23 at 19:26:03.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 156/25
6240 Posts




Ulthok:

Adulthood thought he needed to get a grip. He had gotten so so wrapped up in his own actions to drop the Durro he had forgotten that Peri did not have the same spells as he. So with the immediate enemy disposed and the charging force slowed he turned to address odd shadowy area to the rear of the cavern. He figured he dispel about half the what was shadowing the rear of the cavern but he'd need help with the rest. "Peri, sorry I confuse you," he sent out his thoughts, but would ask Valene if she could cast a spell to dispel the magic that seems to be shadowing the middle of the back wall? I will try to uncover the left side by the tracks."

The behind his cloak if invisibility the mage then made way past his party members to be a bit closer the right wall where the tracks were emerging. Then drawing on his magic skill Ulthok cast the spell that should disrupt the magic concealing what was lurking in the shadows.

Peri:

As she tried to make sense of what Ulthok was wanted Peri watched the events unfold. She had always admired how their small group had work together although separately. Each one doing what they could and it seemed as if orchestrated. Now enemies fell, fires bloomed and still more needed to be done. As she hovered invisibily near the ceiling once again Ulthok's thoughts came to her. "Peri, sorry I confuse you, but would ask Valene if she could cast a spell to dispel the magic that seems to be shadowing the middle of the back wall? I will try to uncover the left side by the tracks."

"That silly man," Peri thought, "he know Valene will do what she feels needs to be done, but I will try."

Gliding down Peri was careful not to get too close to Valene's dancing blade. "Oh dear," she chirped out, "if it isn't too much inconvenience Ulthok requests help if you might cast to dispel some magic that seems to be hiding something around the middle of that back wall?" Blowing Valene a kiss Peri once again vanished.

Valene:

The boots of speed had made her move in a dance of death that out classed the enemy before her. As the Durro dropped she heard a small voice from above, "Oh dear, if it isn't too much inconvenience Ulthok requests help if you might cast to dispel some magic that seems to be hiding something around the middle of that back wall?"

Looking around the cleric saw a slight shimmer above and could only suspect it was Peri who had spoke to her. Then looking down at the dead Durro, "Well I guess that could be useful." Valene gazed to the back of the cavern and saw the shadows lurking there. Clearing her thought and calling upon her deity to grant her the the power to dispel what may be covering something from their view. Directing that power as Peri directed she released it to the middle of the back wall of the cavern.



Posted on 2020-02-23 at 20:46:44.

SilentOne
RDI Poet - 1.5 Innma
Karma: 37/5
823 Posts




Rayden winced as she slipped and the enemies blade bit into her skin. However, she quickly recovered and felled the beastie infront of her as she spun to see where her brother was she narrowed her eyes and moved towards the thing that had her brother in his own dance of blades. Moving swiftly she attempted to get behind her brother's enemy - even if he hated her for fighting- to aide him in his fight from behind. She  hefted her sunblade once more and swung hoping that she didnt once again slip and fall backwards and miss her shot. 



Posted on 2020-02-24 at 23:16:36.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6518 Posts


The Truth About Foes

For the party this fight had so far gone there way. With most of the heavily armored Derro dead, the vast majority of the other Derro, but the crossbow wielding ones, covered in mud, grease and fire it seemed that the battle clearly favored them. However things were about to change…….

For the human fighter Lothor, seeing for the moment he was out of any melee threat, it was back to Anduril's Blood. Taking the magical bow to hand he quickly aimed through the smoke of burning flesh and fired at the crossbow carrying Derro. His two arrows of energy clean hits the Derro #12 was slammed to the ground. Though not dead this creature would have no actions this round…...

Arandur had no time to take pleasure in his defeat of his Derro foe before a second was stabbing into him from behind. A blistering burst of pain was his first awareness that he had a second enemy to deal with. Turning quickly, his swords up and swinging, he managed to score a single hit against the creature. Its heavy armor deflecting the second of his attacks. Though blood flowed freely from the wound Arandur had given it it still seemed more the ready to continue fighting. However Arandur need not have worried as his sister Rayden came to his aid.

With the Derro’s attention clearly on her brother Rayden had no problem moving behind the heavily armored creature. One, then a second strike hit, her sunblade ripping through the Derro’s armor, leaving it alive but bleeding on the ground between the siblings…...

Once again free of melee to employ her magic Sirene did not hesitate in the least,. With a wicked spell upon her face and Chanting in sonorous tones, the witch began to sway as she drew forth a new ally to join their battle. Using the flames in the room now so much more then just torch light, the Elf Witch brought forth an Elemental of fire. At once the creature engaged the closet of the Derro (H8 ) Ignoring the Shadows already fighting it. In only seconds the Derro and the shadows were all dead the elemental moving to the next (H7)

However as Sirene moved to get closer to Ulthok she felt herself slammed by an immense wave of magic, at once her stoneskin and active magics were gone, leaving her with only her armor to protect her, the armor failed. First one, then a second of the large arrows, three times the size of a normal arrow, slammed into her. The first stunning her, blinding her with the pain, the second dropping her to ground, alive but unconscious, slowly bleeding out. Her shadows and her recently summoned fire elemental gone, the Derro the shadows had been facing, on the ground dead…..

The two remaing dwarves that had entered with the party were each having a hard time fighting one on one each against a heavier armored foe so they got smart. Instead of striking each at one they both suddenly turned their attack on just one of the two Derro before them catching H2 off balance and for the monent leaving H1 behind. Unable to defend against two hard attacks the heavily armored Derro found out that this time his armor was not enough as he fell to the ground dead.
For Cor his fight with Ironclaw was all that he saw, the flurry of blows thrown and blocked all consuming. Then it happened a strike from the Knight Cleric’s axe broke through Ironclaws defense slamming into the traitor dwarf's head and sending Ironclaw’s helmet flying from his head. As Ironclaw staggered back Cor could see the traitor dwarves eyes fully for the first time since he had turned and attacked and knew something was not right. No where in those eyes lay the venom and anger that seemed to fill Ironclaw with such rage. Shacking his head as if trying to fight off the effects of Cor’s strike he turned towards the Knight Cleric and spoke.

“Run you fools”!!

Then in moments, Ironclaws eyes were red and filled with rage, the dwarf traitor raising his axe to attack once more…...

Ulthok knew that something lurked within what he thought was magically created darkness, however what that was, was still a mystery. Turning to Peri he called to her mind to mind to take a message to Valene. With the message quickly delivered two spells of dispel magic were cast into the darkness to the north. In a strange ironic twist as Ulthok became visible, the darkness disappeared.

Standing now revealed where once there had been shadow where seven new foes. To both the East and the West ends stood two ogres (4 total) manning a crew served bow which was clearly the source of the large arrows which had taken Sirene down. However his attention was quickly brought to the center of this new enemy group as there stood three of the parties most hated foes… Illithids….

Ulthok could see that the foremost Mind Flayer was at once a major concern as it was clearly two and a half times the size of the Illithids to its side. The halfling Thief/Mage could see many other differences then just the creatures larger size. It’s head, though still having the four tentacles and fanged mouth, now had a third eye in the middle of its forehead in between a set of horns, in between the tentacles framing its mouth in the creatures normal way, now there was a large monkey looking nose, to the side of its head wing type crests of bone. The whole head easily resembling the symbol of the amulet hanging from it’s neck, a symbol the party had seen before…….

(Ok here is my new post, not so long a wait for this one huh
Below is a pic of the symbol Ulthok see;s and I’m sure the rest of you remember, The Mind Flayers head resemblies it, just without the tentacles, the dot between the horns being it's third eye. I will add a new map by the weekend. Ok next post will be Sunday the 8th of March or whenever everyone posts and I can also do so. Game on!) 



Posted on 2020-02-27 at 01:44:59.
Edited on 2020-03-02 at 21:48:10 by TannTalas

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 156/25
6240 Posts


Test Post

This is a test post to the Inn move.... This is only a test....

 

This is a test of the edit.....



Posted on 2020-03-26 at 09:40:31.
Edited on 2020-03-26 at 09:42:38 by Odyson

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 87/22
1154 Posts


Valene 1st post

The thief/cleric saw the chaos blossom around her, from Sirene getting shot by three oversized arrows, leaving her unconscious with serious injuries, to the results of her dispel magic. The battle was long, and she could feel the adrenaline bursting at its seams as the new enemies appeared from the shadows. She stole a glance to Ulthok a flash of encouragement and love sent his way. Analyzing the enemies surrounding them, taking mental note of the position of allies and enemies alike. Two ogres to the east, two to the west, in the centre of the group was a most hated foe. Valene was about to call out to her companions but stifled her words as her ice blue eyes caught sight of the three humanoid bodies hosting octopus-like heads. The leader of the mind flayer was obvious as it appeared to be much larger in size than the others.

Glancing around their surroundings she looks for a way to unleash sunlight towards them to get the time she needs to heal her comrade. Valene quietly runs back towards the fallen Elf her red locks flowing as the tiny figure races to her friend. Ice blue eyes darting around for danger, always ready for a trick to appear before her. She kneels and lays her hands upon her colleague and casts Cure Critical Wounds. Valene remains silent as she recalls from history that their enemies can pinpoint single sounds and would turn her into a target quickly.

Valene turned back towards her enemies and quickly drew her crossbow loading it in one fell motion. Taking aim, she kept it drawn ready to shoot to protect her allies during the retreat.



Posted on 2020-04-02 at 14:26:36.
Edited on 2020-04-02 at 16:15:01 by cdnflirt

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 54/18
2268 Posts




There comes a point in battle where the scales tip inevitably towards one side or the other.  That moment had not yet arrived but Cor saw the scale moving and knew that once it came to rest the party would die.  "Tis time ta fall back.  There are too many of them and a good half of them are fellow dwarves under control of those vile creatures.  We would be killing our own while they laugh and wait to finish us off.  Quickly back the way we came.  We need reinforcements if we are to survive."  Cor took one last swing but it was a blow inteneded not to kill but to knock out his opponent.  If sucessful he would drag his fellow dwarf with them; if not, he would leave with a heavy heart knowing the likely fate of his kinsman.  

 

OOC:  Time to get the group moving and out of combat.  Hopefully Tann posts the results of our attempt to retreat shortly so we can get back to posting.  



Posted on 2020-04-03 at 09:03:41.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.