The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4025 registered users. Our newest member is JessieErickson.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Odyson)Destiny Flight - QnA
Common Room - Bug Reports! (posted by TannTalas)Bug Reports!
Recruitment Threads - 5th edition game:Remnants of Rayeskell (posted by breebles)Recruitment-RoR
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil Q&A
Parent thread: Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil recruitment
Related thread: Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil
    Messages in Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil Q&A
RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Womens
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00

Celediel
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 22/9
104 Posts


ugh, I thought they were getting rid of this subject requirement

OK, that's what I was afraid of. You rather conspicuously didn't call it either a sun or a moon.

roll of 12 for a result of 23 on my Ride check, and 3 points damage puts me at 109.

initiative roll of 11 for a result of 16.



Posted on 2010-08-26 at 17:16:12.

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


confused

Roll of 9 for init. result of 11.


I'm a little confused about the creatures. Is the arrowhawk looking thing what zapped us or are those the circling birds and the zapper looks like something else?


Posted on 2010-08-26 at 20:49:38.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Arrowhawks

the "bird-like" creatures that are attacking the party are arrowhawks.

I just described them because I didn't think the characters ever encountered them before. They may be exotic and alien to the characters.

Xavier got a 17 init and Camille got a 14 init.

Arrowhawks get 20 init. so the order is:

Seluumiel
Arrowhawks
Xavier
Tenacity
Camille
Chiron

EDIT:
post Anything you say or do here. I'll handle dice rolls in the battle. just seems easier that way. Then I will post in story form your conversations and the resulting events that take place in the battle for each round.


Posted on 2010-08-27 at 08:03:36.
Edited on 2010-08-30 at 06:33:04 by Tiamat5774

Celediel
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 22/9
104 Posts


hey! over here!

what about Seluumiel?

anyway, a fat lot of good mounted combat will do me here, so I plan to get back to the party, hide Diligence by a tree, then go out front to look tasty with my sword and shield.


Posted on 2010-08-28 at 16:44:51.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


initiative

giving nimu a chance to roll her own. PMed her a day ago. If she doesn't post by tonite ill roll for her and she will be MIA=NPC like the other 2.


Posted on 2010-08-28 at 16:57:09.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1280 Posts


Initiative

Rolled 19 + 3 dex mod = 23

Sorry for the delay. Question, how far are the flying creatures from us?


Posted on 2010-08-29 at 12:17:51.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Arrowhawks

Three are presently 50ft in the air. One is 20 ft above and climbing high (after attacking Diligence and Tenacity).

Time to start posting some actions.


Posted on 2010-08-30 at 06:32:23.
Edited on 2010-08-30 at 06:34:13 by Tiamat5774

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Heals!

I'll probably hit Tenacity with a cure light spell while she's getting Diligence out of the way. Then I'll make sure no one else has gotten blasted.


Edit:
Oh. I had the damage backwards in my head. I'll hit Diligence with the cure spell.


Posted on 2010-09-02 at 01:32:59.
Edited on 2010-09-02 at 03:24:11 by Deucalion

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1280 Posts


kill the birdies!

Seluumiel will cast magic missile. All missiles will target the arrowhawk that already attacked.


Posted on 2010-09-03 at 20:27:35.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Adult Arrowhawks

the three arrowhawk that haven't attacked yet dive, level out at 25 ft off the ground and 25 ft from their chosen targets and use their electric tail rays at Xavier, Camille, and Chiron.

Adult arrowhawk 2
rolled ranged touch att. 10 with a ranged att bonus of +12 against Xavier with a Touch AC of 15. Hit for 1 (6 - 5 for elect. res.) pnt dam.

Adult arrowhawk 3
rolled ranged touch att. 8 with a ranged att bonus of +12 against Camille with a Touch AC of 15. Hit for 10 (15 - 5 for elect. res.) pnt dam.

Adult Arrowhawk 4
rolled ranged touch att. 2 with a ranged att bonus of +12 against Chiron with a Touch AC of 13. Hit for 9 pnt dam.

Adult arrowhawk 1
After Seluumiel's four Magic missles hit:
####Dice roll for tiamat5774, rolling 1d4: Your total roll is 5 and a mod of +1. rolls: 4
####Dice roll for tiamat5774, rolling 1d4: Your total roll is 2 and a mod of +1. rolls: 1
####Dice roll for tiamat5774, rolling 1d4: Your total roll is 2 and a mod of +1. rolls: 1
####Dice roll for tiamat5774, rolling 1d4: Your total roll is 4 and a mod of +1. rolls: 3

for a total damage of 13, the arrowhawk lets loose a bellowing screech and levels out of its accent at 30ft above ground and begins circling again.


Posted on 2010-09-04 at 06:54:17.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Xavier and Camille

"oof", went Xavier then he kind chuckled," that didn't hurt!"

"Ahhhh!" screamed Camille. Her hit staggered her a bit but she recovered quite quickly.

Xavier didn't care. His sister had been hurt. "Hit me again you blasted beasts! Come on, I'll give you a reason!" Xavier ranted as he readies his shurikens for the next pass. He looks to his sister to make sure she's still alright.

As smoke drifts away from a scorch mark on her clothing, she readies a spell. She fires off two scorching rays (4d6) (ranged touch attack + 6 rolled a 9 and 11 against touch AC 15) doing 1 damage to the one that attacked her (11 -10 fire res.) and 12 damage (22 -10 fire res.)dropping the one Seluumiel hit earlier, shrieking as it fell, the fall kills it.


Posted on 2010-09-04 at 07:32:30.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


New round

need battle posts.


Posted on 2010-09-11 at 06:58:54.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1280 Posts


Rnd 2

14 + 3 dex mod = 17

Seluumiel will cast Magic Missile again and target one of the three arrow hawks, whichever is closest.

Since it seems like only Seluumiel and Camille have ranged attacks that reach far enough to hit the arrow hawks I'm going to focus on offensive action and let Chiron handle the healing for now. If anyone gets really low on health or Chiron runs out of healing power then I'll pick up on the healing.

Now question, what is the distance of the birds from us and how close are they together?


Posted on 2010-09-11 at 22:12:49.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


ok

first of all we are keeping the same inits throughout the fight (I assume that was a init roll)

the Arrowhawks are 50 high and 20 feet apart in their flight circle (think buzzards or vultures).

all 3 in the air and same distance away so AH chosen randomly: AH2 hit by 4 magic missles for (4 3 3 4 +4 Your total roll is 18 dam.

AH2 will fly in close enough to Xavier to try and bite him.
( 15 and a mod of +12 Your total roll is 27 ). successful hit for 1d8+3 damage -5 for DR. ( 4 dam)

on xavier's init he retaliates with a shuriken.
natural 20 (house rule: natural 20 on attacks= Critical and max dam. no need to roll threat.) 10 damage (hit vital blood vessel. will bleed out in 6 rnds losing 6 hp a rnd.) AH2 withdraws.

AH3 flies in within 20 feet of Seluumiel and uses its electric tail ray. (ranged touch attack... 9 and a mod of +12. Your total roll is 21. AH3 successful hit on Seluumiel for 2d8 electrical energy dam ( 7 dam).

AH4 Flies in close enough to Tenacity to bite her.
18 and a mod of +12. total roll is 30. HIT- dam is:
5 and a mod of +3. Your total roll is 8 (dam 8hp)

Camille will fire two more scorching rays at whatever AH Seluumiel attacks first (AH2). (Has 10 Res. to fire.)17 and a mod of +6 Your total roll is 23 .
hit for (dam 19 - 10= 9)
7 and a mod of +6 Your total roll is 13. miss

AH2 has been hit 3 times, one of which causes it to bleed out and it hits the ground and dies.

((DM says:I need Celediel's and Deucalion's post, please.))




Posted on 2010-09-13 at 02:33:34.
Edited on 2010-09-13 at 02:44:34 by Tiamat5774

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


annoying little things

They're not doing that much damage with each individual attack, so I think Chiron's going to pull his bow off his back and help end the fight, then patch everyone up at the end. He'll send a pair of arrows after which ever one looks the most injured (in his opinion).


Posted on 2010-09-13 at 20:24:23.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.