The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4025 registered users. Our newest member is JessieErickson.
Online members: breebles, cdnflirt
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Bug Reports! (posted by TannTalas)Bug Reports!
Recruitment Threads - 5th edition game:Remnants of Rayeskell (posted by breebles)Recruitment-RoR
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Alacrity)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Cyberpunk --> Cerebral Paradox - Mature Content
Parent thread: Cerebral Paradox - Cyberpunk 2020
GM for this game: Bromern Sal
Players for this game: Raven, Bromern Sal, Drakar, suicidolt, YeOlde, Freeway
This game is complete.
    Messages in Cerebral Paradox - Mature Content
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Stupid
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/118
6509 Posts


Crap no airbourne assault...ahhh memories

The Red Lantern– Upper East Side – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12,10pm
With MDK’s announcement of no air transport Croaker's initial plan was out
D**n it Croaker thought to himself as he leaned back in his chair and for a brief moment closed his eyes. Leaning forward he directed his next words to Peacekeeper.

“Ok Peacekeeper show me again the map Jack sent you.”
(Assuming she hands him her phone) “Ok if we’re going with a ground entry we are going to need more info on the building and area around it.

Spiff I need you, if you can, to get us as much info as you can gather from your sources as to number of employees, any food or outside deliveries and on what days they do so. Look for shift change times, employee names, if they live on site or off, if off site try to find home addresses.

Scribe use your media contacts and check for any news stories or published incidents in or around that target area. Look for anything we could use as a reason to be in that area or to visit the target and gain entry.

Preacher I know you’ve been off the net for a good span and your not happy logging back on but right now your all we have in the way of a Netrunner and you’re a** is on the line with the rest of us. I need you to try a hack on the Biotechnica data fortress if the ICE is too black don’t risk a hack unless you feel you can.

Next thing we need to decide who among us is going on the entry as it stands right now Bulls Eye, Peacekeeper and myself are in, who else?”

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:11pm


Posted on 2008-04-15 at 03:29:47.
Edited on 2008-04-15 at 03:31:22 by TannTalas

suicidolt
RDI Fixture
Karma: 44/13
612 Posts


Slow down tiger!

"Chill Croaker! Slow up a bit." Spiff wanted to swat him upside the head, but he had to honor Jack's request. "You're dead on target, but you're getting ahead of yourself. We've got time now. You're more than welcome to improvise later when needed, but we've got time right now. Let's not rush this. We need to get the details ironed out while we have time. Back-up plans are essential right now. Let's back up."

He paused and turned to Peacekeeper. "Now, my hope was that you could use a gun like that. If no one can, we can toss that out the window. Either way," he turned back to Croaker, "I can't get all the info you need if I'm busy working on getting you a vehicle that'll survive a frontal assault on this place. With or without the gun, that's gonna take a while. That type of research is better left to Jack and, as you wisely observed and I almost missed, Scribe."

"Still, there's more that you're missing here. Preacher is my employee, not yours. Orders to him are going to go through me. He already told you just a moment ago that he's not up to the task of netrunning against a megacorp, and I wouldn't send him right now if he was. It's too risky, and I still need him alive. He can, however, help search for info with Jack and Scribe." Spiff turned to Preacher, "Any other immediate uses you can see for yourself?"

**response irrelevant**

"So let's relax. Flying by the seat of your pants is ideal when we're out there, but right now, we're enjoying a nice meal in a place where we can talk. Let's not rush this."


Posted on 2008-04-15 at 03:59:13.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/118
6509 Posts


WARNING Post Below rated Mature due to graphic Violence/Sexual comment

The Red Lantern– Upper East Side – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12,11pm
“Chill Croaker! Slow up a bit you're dead on target, but you're getting ahead of yourself. We've got time now. You're more than welcome to improvise later when needed, but we've got time right now. Let's not rush this. We need to get the details ironed out while we have time. Back-up plans are essential right now. Let's back up."
Croaker listened as once again Spiff tried to make it seem as if he were some impatient idiot. The more he listened the more fed up he became until finally the big Nomad had, had enough.

Without a word spoken Croaker slowly reached inside his armored duster and removed his 44. Auto and quickly, still without any word spoken, pointed it at Spiff and pulled the trigger.

The feel of the heavy pistols trigger as he pulled it was like the moment of ejaculation during sex, The slow moving bullet, elegant in shape and devastating in power, entered the Fixers forehead almost dead center but closer to the left eye causing the eye to burst outward in a spray of blood, almost a perfect shot.

The speed and power of the big slug lancing through Spiff’s skull churned his brain matter to slush and then exploded out the rear of his head. The blood spray to Croaker was beautiful as it spread out like a fine mist behind the Fixer finally coming to rest upon the back wall of the strip club. To the big Nomad the brains, bone matter and blood had created upon the wall a masterpiece as if painted by Leonardo De Vinci himself.

The big Nomad smiled deeply as he watched Spiff, his left eye hanging by a thin thread of tendon, fall slowly backwards to land face up on the floor. As the Fixer lay dead Croaker watched as the pool of spreading blood, brain matter and bone gristle looked to him as if melted gold waiting to be forged into coins.

Reholstering the pistol he turned to the rest of the group still seated at the table.

“So where were we?”.......







“Refills anyone?”

Croaker was brought of his vision of paradise by the voice of a waitress next to him to find a still breathing, still talking, and still very much alive Spiff.

"So let's relax. Flying by the seat of your pants is ideal when we're out there, but right now, we're enjoying a nice meal in a place where we can talk. Let's not rush this."
Back from the depths of his planned future vision he replied as Spiff ended his spiral.

“Your right my bad, Preacher is your man but he still has his own voice, but answer me this Spiff, who’s in charge again.”............

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:11pm


Posted on 2008-04-15 at 23:24:20.
Edited on 2008-04-15 at 23:28:49 by TannTalas

suicidolt
RDI Fixture
Karma: 44/13
612 Posts


sorry for the delay, some other gamers were very rude to me

Spiff didn't get it. He wasn't being rude. He wasn't being less than forthcoming. He was even complimenting the jackass. Still, the kid wouldn't get over himself.

"I told you you're in charge." He said, taking a sip of his drink. "Do you not feel like that's the case here?"

Yet again, he stretched his legs out, and balanced his chair on it's hind legs as he sat at the only seat facing the wall, rather than with his back to it.


Posted on 2008-04-18 at 02:03:29.
Edited on 2008-04-18 at 02:04:12 by suicidolt

Raven
Resident Finn
RDI Staff
Karma: 74/3
1103 Posts


Let's get a move on

It was starting to feel like a suicide. Or actually going against a Corp had seemed insane from the start, but with couple of the main characters in the group already arguing, it felt to Guardian they were already dead. Not that it really mattered. He'd felt the same way before more than a few times and had always come out standing... or if not standing, at least alive.

This time... He simply wasn't sure. But the truth was, it didn't matter how he felt. He'd made a contract with DigitalScribe and that was all that made a difference. If Scribe said they were going in, then they would be. Quitting a job because it was too dangerous wasn't exactly good for a bodyguard's public image - it wouldn't really help to get good deals in the future.

The way he saw it, the mixed group would have to get to the target on the ground even if they would have a chopper or an AV. Most of the group (to the bodyguard's knowledge) had no military training or experience in air-ground assaults. With luck some of them would be able to fast-rope down on a rooftop or any other location in one piece. Most probably wouldn't... Not a soldier himself, Guardian would probably either land too fast or too slow and possibly twist an ankle in the process. It looked easy, but wasn't.

Doing it the good old way - waiting till the chopper or whatever had landed before getting out - would simply be too slow. Biotechnica's Sec would gun them all down before they had a chance to defend themselves. And even if everyone in the group knew how to use the ropes properly, they'd still be subjected to the compound's surveillance gear, radars and such. Sitting ducks, was the ancient expression that came to the bald man's mind.

Waiting till the heat settled down a bit before speaking, Guardian cleared his throat and looked directly at Spiff. "The snipe. I know how to use it. I'm not Delta level, but I'd say I'm better than the guy from next door with the thing. Don't know if we need the thing or not, but if you people seriously consider an open assault, then the more fire power we have is the better."

With a shrug the big black man turned his deep brown eyes at Croaker. "So, you're the man calling the shots. What's it going to be? Sneak in, sneak out or charge? I'm no ninja like MDK here and neither are most of us, and certainly not a soldier, but I'd still imagine we'd attract less attention by approaching the target on ground, by foot."


Posted on 2008-04-18 at 09:43:25.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 155/11
4193 Posts


Share the knowledge

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:11pm
Scribe could palpably feel the tension rising again as Croaker and Spiff faced off. He was thankful that Guardian spoke up and offered his two bits. It seemed to the media that everyone was at each other’s throats every five seconds, and if they couldn’t pull it all together, figure out roles, they’d all be dead before the week was out; and that wasn’t what the media had signed on for.

Shaking his head he injected his own two bits, “I think Guardian’s right. We’ll have more luck moving overland on foot—now I’m no infantryman, but we put people in a vehicle and we’re running the risk of all our eggs in one basket. We go in on foot and we can spread out as we need, no? Not to mention that there’s tech out there that might help provided we can get the Euro together to give Spiff the wherewithal to do so.”

“Yeah…” Preacher agreed, apparently deciding to let Spiff’s response to Croaker suffice. “Things like sneaksuits, radar jammers—I heard o’ them, but what’s the price tag, and can we scrounge up enough dough to make it work? Not to mention pull together a meet with a dealer in the limited timeframe we have available to us.”

“I don’t think we have enough Euro between us to buy that rifle Spiff was showing us,” Firewind added glumly. He was really beginning to think they didn’t stand a chance in hell, and was getting more and more disparate over Croaker and Spiff’s continued confrontation.

“Can you create something that jams e-sec operations such as radar an’ such?” Preacher turned his attention to Lightning, who up to this point had been ominously quiet.

“Yeah,” Bull’s Eye leaned forward and placed his own piercing gaze firmly on the new arrival. “Something that can sit in the trunk of a car, or fit in a backpack?”

Most of what Bull’s Eye had made mention of was likely equipment Spiff would have to arrange, but DigitalScribe was already thinking back on various tech updates he’d witnessed, advertising floating by on corporate dirigibles, displayed loudly on megascreens, in front of stores using holographic displays, trying to remember the pricing on items that might help them. Unfortunately, nothing came to mind as everything they’d need had to be gained on the blackmarket, and any major purchases of legal items would raise the red flag for the netrunners Biotechnica likely had tracking them.

“What’s your number, Peacekeeper? I’ll fire you a tag and you can shoot me the map. I’d suggest the rest of you with phones do the same.” Scribe instructed as Croaker thought about how to respond to the queries and ideas that were put before him. Might as well have everyone prepared, Frankie thought. Little good though it will do if Croaker and Spiff get us all killed…
The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:12pm


Posted on 2008-04-19 at 23:58:32.
Edited on 2008-04-20 at 18:11:41 by Bromern Sal

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Short and sweet...

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:12pm
“What’s your number, Peacekeeper? I’ll fire you a tag and you can shoot me the map. I’d suggest the rest of you with phones do the same.” Scribe instructed
Mae pulled out his phone and if Peacekeeper gave out her number he too would send her a tag so she could send him the map.

“I might be able to offer some suggestions,” MDK said, “if I could see the layout.”

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:12pm


Posted on 2008-04-20 at 20:18:36.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/118
6509 Posts


An Explanation of sorts

The Red Lantern– Upper East Side – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12,11pm
“Your right my bad, Preacher is your man but he still has his own voice, but answer me this Spiff, who’s in charge again.”
"I told you you're in charge." Spiff replied "Do you not feel like that's the case here?"

“My point in asking that is not meant to start another verbal confrontation, with you Spiff, but to get you to understand we do not have the time to sit back and relax. Right now any number of other netrunners and hunter teams are looking for us make no mistake, and we have to focus on how to take down the target and the more information we have the better. We are only going to get one shot at this so a back up plan right now is not the priority; once we have a main plan going then we can think of a secondary one, like Scribe said time IS not on our side. That’s why I asked for as much info as we can get before we hit the target in a ground assault.”
Turning back to the rest he once again posed the question.

“So anyone got any other ideas on how we do this”

(GUARDIAN)
“The snipe. I know how to use it. I'm not Delta level, but I'd say I'm better than the guy from next door with the thing. Don't know if we need the thing or not, but if you people seriously consider an open assault, then the more fire power we have is the better. "So, Croaker you're the man calling the shots. What's it going to be? Sneak in, sneak out or charge? I'm no ninja like MDK here and neither are most of us, and certainly not a soldier, but I'd still imagine we'd attract less attention by approaching the target on ground, by foot."

“Yeah if not by air that’s all we have left, but I don’t feel charging up there is going to get those of us who go nothing but dead. And trying to come up with the funds for that rifle may be difficult as most of us have very little on us or easily reached.
As for hitting the target from the ground my initial thought on that is I’m hoping we can find a scheduled delivery, intercept it and try to sneak in as employees of it but that’s a big risk and not sure if that will work.”

(SCRIBE)
“I think Guardian’s right. We’ll have more luck moving overland on foot—now I’m no infantryman, but we put people in a vehicle and we’re running the risk of all our eggs in one basket. We go in on foot and we can spread out as we need, no? Not to mention that there’s tech out there that might help provided we can get the Euro together to give Spiff the wherewithal to do so.”

(PREACHER)
“Yeah…Things like sneaksuits, radar jammers—I heard o’ them, but what’s the price tag, and can we scrounge up enough dough to make it work? Not to mention pull together a meet with a dealer in the limited timeframe we have available to us.”

“That’s the two main problems right there, money and time. We just don’t have enough to buy the things we need and even if we did, do we have the time?”

(FIREWIND)
“I don’t think we have enough Euros between us to buy that rifle Spiff was showing us,”

(PREACHER)
“Can you create something that jams e-sec operations such as radar an’ such?”

Preacher asked as he turned his attention to Lightning, who up to this point had been ominously quiet.

(BULL’S EYE)
“Yeah, something that can sit in the trunk of a car, or fit in a backpack?”

(SCRIBE)
“What’s your number, Peacekeeper? I’ll fire you a tag and you can shoot me the map. I’d suggest the rest of you with phones do the same.”

(MDK)
“I might be able to offer some suggestions if I could see the layout.”

Turning to all Croaker made a motion to get their attention.

“Look everyone lets get something straight yes I am in charge but don’t be afraid to tell me I am wrong. We all need to be on the same page or we are all dead, and I rather like life so we need to work together. For instance sneaksuits, radar jammers, and stuff like that I have never used so bringing that up was a good thought as I never would have.
And then Scribe bringing up the fact if we did go in a single vehicle we could all die, a very good point.
So anyone got any other thoughts, what’s your take on this Peacekeeper?”

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:11pm


Posted on 2008-04-21 at 02:15:25.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1144 Posts


Few Words...

Listening to the plans she nodded to each in turn knowing that everyone was here for a reason. Each specialized in something different than the next. Her mind traveling a thousand miles a minute as ideas were given a voice. A few plans had got her thinking of a plan that would work. They would be on foot, yes, to draw less attention, but they wouldn't travel with too many together for it would be suspicious.

In that moment she was asked for her number and she answered aloud for everyone to program it in their phones. She would send them all the map she had received. Once they sent her a tag she would attach the map and reply with just the map. Then her love had asked her of her theory.

Nodding to him with a faint smile she spoke "We can't be suspected should we be forced to share the roads to approach our destination. Perhaps have two on the path enjoying the view, perhaps with a camera, dressed as an elderly couple when people approach, and have the rest scouting the nearby area. Take the woodlands around the path as far as they can, and once we get close enough to the base, we'll meet up at a point in the road and the scouts can tell us what they see." she wasn't a woman of many words and those who knew her, knew it to be true.


Posted on 2008-04-24 at 12:45:39.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Suggestions.. and Questions....

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:12pm
In that moment she was asked for her number and she answered aloud for everyone to program it in their phones. She would send them all the map she had received. Once they sent her a tag she would attach the map and reply with just the map. Then her love had asked her of her theory.

Nodding to him with a faint smile she spoke "We can't be suspected should we be forced to share the roads to approach our destination. Perhaps have two on the path enjoying the view, perhaps with a camera, dressed as an elderly couple when people approach, and have the rest scouting the nearby area. Take the woodlands around the path as far as they can, and once we get close enough to the base, we'll meet up at a point in the road and the scouts can tell us what they see." she wasn't a woman of many words and those who knew her, knew it to be true.

Mae looked carefully over the map layout, what it was over his cellphone, and shook his head. It wasn’t impossible but it was going to be difficult. Listening to Peacekeeper as she spoke he nodded slightly as she echoed some of his thoughts and when she was done he cleared his throat to get the groups attention.

“If I may offer my thoughts,” MDK said sounding more like a statement than a question and once given permission he laid out some questions and ideas:

“One we need to know what kind of security we are dealing with here. Is there anything on this approach road, patrols, cameras, motion sensors, etc. What about the woodlands surrounding the place how is it guarded? Personally I would like to know what our objective is here? I may have came in after this was brought up but it would be glad to know what I am risking my life for this time.“ Offering a grim smile that said it hardly mattered he just liked to know.

“Now if there security is confined to the immediate vicinity of the grounds and buildings,” he continued looking again at the map, “I believe Peacekeepers plan has some merit, with modifications. Myself and maybe someone else can slip in through the woods and scout out the place without getting too close. Then report back and get a more definitive plan together. But I like her plan that two people, maybe Croaker and Peacekeeper approach in a car up the road to the buildings as if they came up this road by mistake. The rest of us could have been dropped up further back up the road and approach on foot.”

Looking back up at the group, “Of course the two in the car wouldn’t approach the house until the rest of us were in a position to attack and then at Croaker’s signal, like the first shot fired or something, we assault the place taking out all opposition.”

Finishing he sat back and picked up his drink again. He had laid out his plan outline in a sort of deadpan manner as if he hadn’t even been talking about putting their lives on the line or of killing others so readily. It was what he did. Killing came natural and he did it very well and without emotion, something that sometimes frightened his companions and even his employers.

“Well?” MDK asked then downed the last of his scotch.

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:12pm


Posted on 2008-04-24 at 23:50:24.
Edited on 2008-04-24 at 23:54:03 by YeOlde

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/118
6509 Posts


Sec Info hmmmm did I not ask for that earlier LOL

The Red Lantern– Upper East Side – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12,11pm
Croaker leaned back in the chair and put forth the question

“So anyone got any other thoughts, what’s your take on this Peacekeeper?”

Nodding to him with a faint smile Peacekeeper spoke

"We can't be suspected should we be forced to share the roads to approach our destination. Perhaps have two on the path enjoying the view, perhaps with a camera, dressed as an elderly couple when people approach, and have the rest scouting the nearby area. Take the woodlands around the path as far as they can, and once we get close enough to the base, we'll meet up at a point in the road and the scouts can tell us what they see."

Before Croaker could reply it was MDK who spoke up.

“If I may offer my thoughts”

“Feel free” Croaker told him as he wanted to hear what the assassin had to say.

“One we need to know what kind of security we are dealing with here. Is there anything on this approach road, patrols, cameras, motion sensors, etc. What about the woodlands surrounding the place how is it guarded? Personally I would like to know what our objective is here. I may have came in after this was brought up but it would be glad to know what I am risking my life for this time.“

“Now if there security is confined to the immediate vicinity of the grounds and buildings,” he continued looking again at the map, “I believe Peacekeepers plan has some merit, with modifications. I and maybe someone else can slip in through the woods and scout out the place without getting too close. Then report back and get a more definitive plan together. But I like her plan that two people, maybe Croaker and Peacekeeper approach in a car up the road to the buildings as if they came up this road by mistake. The rest of us could have been dropped up further back up the road and approach on foot.”

A pause and a look back up at the group MDK continued

“Of course the two in the car wouldn’t approach the house until the rest of us were in a position to attack and then at Croaker’s signal, like the first shot fired or something, we assault the place taking out all opposition.”

“Well?” MDK asked, then downed the last of his scotch.

At first Croaker wanted to laugh, had he not just asked Spiff, Scribe, and Preacher for the same thing, to get as much info as possible including plans of the sec covering the target. But for once he refrained for doing so as maybe Spiff would listen to MDK and do as Croaker had asked him earlier. Instead he chose to use another tactic hoping he was not about to alienate another possible friend.

“What you say MDK is on target, we do need as much info as possible on the Target as I asked earlier, especially the security. But in that we may have a problem as Preacher has said their sec plans are most likely in a datafortress and Preacher is the only Netrunner we have available. But like he said its a tough run and he may not be up to it after being so long away.”

Not looking at Preacher he only hoped the Solo, Ex-netrunner would not hate him too much for the comment. But as he was their only hacker Croaker had to convince him somehow to try the run, or at the very least, check out the ICE covering the datafortress.

Once they had that maybe, just maybe, Spiff or Jack could find a Runner who could break in. For now all the people at the table, with the possible exception of MDK and Lighting, had was a growing sense of mistrust, uneasiness and the growing doubt of survival...........

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:11pm


Posted on 2008-04-25 at 02:53:39.
Edited on 2008-04-28 at 06:51:21 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Waiting on Intel.. and a plan...

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:12pm
Mae knew that he had just reiterated what Croaker had said about needing intel on the security of the place but he had meant it as an admission that the intel was needed before any detailed plans could be worked out.

“What you say MDK is on target, we do need as much info as possible on the Target as I asked earlier, especially the security. But in that we may have a problem as Preacher has said their sec plans are most likely in a datafortress and Preacher is the only Netrunner we have available. But like he said its a tough run and he may not be up to it after being so long away.”
MDK’s eyebrow raised at Croaker’s statement regarding Preacher and the corner of his mouth lifted ever so slightly in a smile. He said nothing as it seemed there was nothing else to be said. He was a hired gun and not a netrunner so he had to wait till the real work would begin.

Looking around the place and flagging down the waitress ordered a final ‘Glenmorangey neat.’ Kicked his large combat boots up on the empty chair next to him and sat back listening. He hoped his time her was not going to be wasted and while he waited and listened, sipping his scotch, he pondered his options with the ‘other’ job that had been offered to him.

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:12pm


Posted on 2008-04-26 at 17:32:11.
Edited on 2008-04-28 at 06:52:36 by TannTalas

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 155/11
4193 Posts


A plan maybe?

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:12pm
“What you say MDK is on target, we do need as much info as possible on the Target as I asked earlier, especially the security. But in that we may have a problem as Preacher has said their sec plans are most likely in a datafortress and Preacher is the only Netrunner we have available. But like he said its a tough run and he may not be up to it after being so long away.”

DigitalScribe raised his eyebrows and slowly ran a hand through his TechHair as his eyes drifted towards the cowboy Croaker had just insulted. In his head images of a Western duel came to mind, and Scribe wondered at the bravery--Bravery has no place where it can avail nothing, the statement made by Samuel Johnson back in the 18th Century came to mind as the media considered just how brave his friend was acting considering the training and standing that the solo had. He’ll only be able to alienate so many people before he winds up with a bullet in the back of the head during a shootout, Frankie thought grimly.

Preacher, for his part, broke his grim expression with a sudden grin followed up by a derisive chuckle.

“Ya know,” he began after a second or two of mirth. “Back in the Day there was this here gamin’ system. Nothin’ like the VR and holo programming we have nowadays, but suh-weeeeet nonetheless. Game paddles, played right on the tellie, the works. I was so damn hot for that thing—I played it hours on end. Near lost my sight staring at that screen so long. Worked that paddle for years without change, an’ then one day I found I had to grow up, get some work, and get serious about life. Well, I went back to it a couple years back for nostalgia purposes an’ all those memories of how good I was just melted away as I was beat on these little, ol’ console games by a non-AI controlled computer over an’ over again. Guess it ain’t just like ridin’ a bike, ya know.”

The cowboy’s grin faded away as he turned his gaze to meet Croaker’s with eyes that could bore right through one’s head as fast as a .44 round. “It’d be jus’ like that should I try t’ take on the Net, Choomba. It’d make short work o’ me an’ then you’d be down another gun. That was providin’ I was willin’ to break the oath I made to people I cared about a whole helluvah lot more than you in order t’ attempt it.”

Preacher shifted in his chair a bit and settled back against the rest, taking his hat in hand by the crown and tipping it forward and to the side just a bit so he effectively blocked Croaker from view. He was finished, and his attention had once more turned to keeping Spiff’s best interests in mind.

“Well,” Bull’s Eye offered from his position next to Croaker. “I’m bettin’ that our best course lies in getting some visual intel. Now I’m not a member of no family council, but should my vote count: that’s what I vote for. Get a couple of us who are decent at that kind of work close enough that the hike wouldn’t be too terrible, and see what we see.”

“I don’t see any other way around this,” Firewind agreed, though his head was lowered and his eyes were on the table. “We either go in blind, or do what MDK has suggested.”

It was at that point that Lightning seemed to perk up. “Um…sorry, I was checking out the camera system. One of you said something about a piece of hardware that could jam radar? Sure, I could make something like that…if I had a couple thousand Euro in parts and a few days time.

“If we’re talking a Megacorp facility here you’re likely going to have to deal with high tech security measures: drones, bots, radar, electronic card locks, cameras—infrared, lowlite, and maybe even thermograph—not to mention the likelihood of cyberpets on the m-sec force.

“This should be a blast…” the tech’s smile was genuine as his eyes caught sight of another piece of particularly interesting technology and his attention faded.

“Beautiful,” Bull’s Eye growled while staring ruefully at the techie. “Who’s bright idea was it to bring Killjoy along?”

“If what he says is true, we’ll be needing him before long,” Keahi observed while thoughtfully staring down the table at his counterpart.

“All right,” Frankie sighed as he too settled back in his chair. “I vote we take the action laid out by Guardian and MDK as well—of course, I’d just make a helluvah lot of noise, so I’m out of the recon end of things.”

“Me too,” Firewind added quickly.

“Not so good at it myself,” Lightning offered up in a distant voice, surprising Scribe as he’d thought the man had pretty much checked out.

“Well, I’m no pathfinder, but I can at least be the wheelman provided we procure ourselves a vehicle,” Bull’s Eye offered.

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:13pm


Posted on 2008-05-01 at 04:45:06.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Second inquiry...

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:13pm
Mae listened to everyone’s ideas and was glad to finally hear from Lightning; he was about to jab the Techie to see if he had fallen asleep. He hoped he had just been waiting for the right moment to throw in his experienced take on things.

Setting his glass down he raised a finger, gesturing that he wished to interrupt as he looked at Croaker.

“You never did answer my question, boss,” MDK said with a faint smirk, “I asked what is our objective? Why is this place important? What is it we are after in there? That kind of stuff ‘might’ be important to 'some' of us.”

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:13pm


Posted on 2008-05-04 at 00:05:41.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/118
6509 Posts


A Strange question asked

The Red Lantern– Upper East Side – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12,12pm
“What you say MDK is on target, we do need as much info as possible on the Target as I asked earlier, especially the security. But in that we may have a problem as Preacher has said their sec plans are most likely in a datafortress and Preacher is the only Netrunner we have available. But like he said it’s a tough run and he may not be up to it after being so long away.”
As soon as the words had left his mouth Croaker realized just how antagonistic they sounded even to his ears. As he started to explain the true meaning of his words he was beaten to the punch once again by Preacher’s reply.
With a clearly unfunny smile the solo ex-Netrunner spoke.

“Ya know back in the Day there was this here gamin’ system. Nothin’ like the VR and holo programming we have nowadays, but suh-weeeeet nonetheless. Game paddles, played right on the tellie, the works. I was so damn hot for that thing—I played it hours on end. Near lost my sight staring at that screen so long. Worked that paddle for years without change, an’ then one day I found I had to grow up, get some work, and get serious about life. Well, I went back to it a couple years back for nostalgia purposes an’ all those memories of how good I was just melted away as I was beat on these little, ol’ console games by a non-AI controlled computer over an’ over again. Guess it ain’t just like ridin’ a bike, ya know.”

Preacher’s false grin faded away as he turned his gaze to meet the big Nomad’s with eyes that could bore right through his head as fast as a .44 round.

“It’d be jus’ like that should I try t’ take on the Net, Choomba. It’d make short work o’ me an’ then you’d be down another gun. That was providin’ I was willin’ to break the oath I made to people I cared about a whole helluvah lot more than you in order t’ attempt it.”

Preacher then shifted in his chair a bit and settled back against the rest, taking his hat in hand by the crown and tipping it forward and to the side just a bit so he effectively blocked Croaker from view.

Turning to the cowboy, Croaker made sure he had Preacher’s attention

“Look Preacher lets get what I said, not how I said it, straight, you made it very clear you did not want to go on the net any longer and that you did not have the skill to make a run on Biotechnia’s Datafortress. All I did with my words was reiterate that sentiment but I agree that my words sounded more as an insult then just restating what you had said.
For that I apologize and I’m sorry my blunt words come out a lot like insults, believe me or not, but I do mean the apology.”

“Well,” Bull’s Eye offered from his position next to Croaker. “I’m bettin’ that our best course lies in getting some visual intel. Now I’m not a member of no family council, but should my vote count: that’s what I vote for. Get a couple of us who are decent at that kind of work close enough that the hike wouldn’t be too terrible, and see what we see.”

“I don’t see any other way around this,” Firewind agreed, though his head was lowered and his eyes were on the table. “We either go in blind, or do what MDK has suggested.”

It was at that point that Lightning seemed to perk up. “Um…sorry, I was checking out the camera system. One of you said something about a piece of hardware that could jam radar? Sure, I could make something like that…if I had a couple thousand Euro in parts and a few days time.

“If we’re talking a Megacorp facility here you’re likely going to have to deal with high tech security measures: drones, bots, radar, electronic card locks, cameras—infrared, lowlite, and maybe even thermograph—not to mention the likelihood of cyberpets on the m-sec force.

“This should be a blast…” the tech’s smile was genuine as his eyes caught sight of another piece of particularly interesting technology and his attention faded.

“Beautiful,” Bull’s Eye growled while staring ruefully at the techie. “Who’s bright idea was it to bring Killjoy along?”

“If what he says is true, we’ll be needing him before long,” Keahi observed while thoughtfully staring down the table at his counterpart.

“All right,” Frankie sighed as he too settled back in his chair. “I vote we take the action laid out by Guardian and MDK as well—of course, I’d just make a helluvah lot of noise, so I’m out of the recon end of things.”

“Me too,” Firewind added quickly.

“Not so good at it myself,” Lightning offered up in a distant voice, surprising Scribe as he’d thought the man had pretty much checked out.

“Well, I’m no pathfinder, but I can at least be the wheelman provided we procure ourselves a vehicle,” Bull’s Eye offered.

“Unfortunately like Bull’s Eye I too am not the quiet type so that leaves me out of any stealth type op. But if Spiff can get that rifle he showed us earlier, or something close, I could do long range cover as I am very good with those.” Croaker offered in trade for his lack of stealth skills.

As he awaited the next to speak up it was once again MDK but with a question he had asked before but Croaker had overlooked thinking MDK would have been briefed before hand by Jack.

“You never did answer my question, boss, I asked what is our objective? Why is this place important? What is it we are after in there? That kind of stuff ‘might’ be important to 'some' of us.”

Suspicion once again returned Croaker tensed up and asked MDK a question of his own.

“Ok, consider me confused didn’t Spring Heeled Jack brief you on our mission, target, or the reasons behind all this?”

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:13pm


Posted on 2008-05-06 at 05:10:20.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.