The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4025 registered users. Our newest member is JessieErickson.
Online members: cdnflirt
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Bug Reports! (posted by TannTalas)Bug Reports!
Recruitment Threads - 5th edition game:Remnants of Rayeskell (posted by breebles)Recruitment-RoR
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Alacrity)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Cyberpunk --> Cerebral Paradox - Mature Content
Parent thread: Cerebral Paradox - Cyberpunk 2020
GM for this game: Bromern Sal
Players for this game: Raven, Bromern Sal, Drakar, suicidolt, YeOlde, Freeway
This game is complete.
    Messages in Cerebral Paradox - Mature Content
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Evil Womens
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

NPC
Price: $14.00

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Not so strange...

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:13pm
Suspicion once again returned Croaker tensed up and asked MDK a question of his own.

“Ok, consider me confused didn’t Spring Heeled Jack brief you on our mission, target, or the reasons behind all this?”

Mae raised an eyebrow at Croaker’s question; didn’t he just ask about the mission, did the man think he was stupid and had to ask questions to which he had already been given the answers? He saw the light of suspicion enter the Nomad’s eyes again and he chuckled once.

“The only think Jack told me,” MDK said slowly so that he might be understood, “was that it was a shot at the Megacorps and that was all I needed to know to accept. I guess he figured you would fill in the details. Was he wrong?”

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:13pm


Posted on 2008-05-07 at 13:33:20.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1144 Posts


Wasting Time..

Peacekeeper had been silent listening to the useless blabber being exchanged at the table. She was getting fed up sitting here wasting time dilly-dallying about who says what. Shaking her head she stood up quickly it would be apparent to the rest of the group she was at wits-end.

Alright guys, enough wasting time. We're sitting ducks right now, we could be the target instead of the hunter. Let's figure out what's going on.
Her attention turned to MDK and she quickly answered his question for he seemed to not bear patience with the group.

First of all, we are here to troupe against megacorps. They are out causing mischief again. Causing problems for Spring-Heeled Jack and the rest of us. We have to catch them by surprise and destroy them. Our objective is to get in, destroy them if possible. They have something we need.
She fell silent anew and listened to the sounds around as she decided her words had been heard and she sat down in her chair propping it up on two legs and crossing her legs on the table all the while crossing her arms across her chest.

((feel free to change it, it has been a long time since I heard the mission, so please feel free to edit my post. I just needed to post something today, cause I don't know when the next time that I can post is going to be. Hoping to get a second job. I dropped my resume off this afternoon))


Posted on 2008-05-08 at 23:51:04.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 155/11
4193 Posts


OK

Scribe sighed heavily enough that all at the table could hear. He and Jaimy had never really gotten along, hee never seen her as more than a cool ride for Croaker until last night. She was a steady income, a nice piece of eyecandy, and a roof over the nomad's head while he decided how to pick up the pieces. At least that was how Frankie had seen her. Now, he had to admit, she was right about at least one thing, and Croaker's sensible paranoia or not, they were burning daylight. Megacorps had the funding, manpower, and computing power to track just about anybody given enough time.

"to be more exact," the media added in a tired tone. "Someone Jack feels..." Scribe looked around at the other patrons to see if Peacekeeper's antics had drawn any unwanted attention. With the tech that was available on the street it wasn't uncommon for wait staff to augment their hearing with enhanced audio receptors and recording devices to supplement their income. Frankie had gotten more than one lead through that avenue. Dropping his voice, he continued. "Is currently very well employed tried to burn him, and as a by-product: us. In the unveiling of this act we discovered our "get out of jail free" card. Problem is, it is tied up in this facility you're now privy to."

"How does this help us sting a corpse?" Lightning asked, again snapping out of his reverie to join the conversation.

"The magnitude of what's locked up in that research facility could cost a megacorp a lot of money if the R&D is lost." this time Firewind was the one to insert his two bits.

"More than just that," Scribe added. "The Joe that burned us will likely wind up a corpse if this leaks. I'm willing to bet he's locking down tight.

"Now, pleasantries aside, and as much as I hate to admit it, Peacekeeper is right. Time is wasting. What's the plan?"


Posted on 2008-05-09 at 04:48:29.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/118
6509 Posts


Answers and a game plan

The Red Lantern– Upper East Side – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12,12pm
“Ok, consider me confused didn’t Spring Heeled Jack brief you on our mission, target, or the reasons behind all this?”

“The only think Jack told me, was that it was a shot at the Megacorps and that was all I needed to know to accept. I guess he figured you would fill in the details. Was he wrong?”

Croaker relaxed once again and was going to tell MDK of the serum and the reasons they were after it when Jaimy, so very unlike her, got impatient and stood up.

“Alright guys, enough wasting time. We're sitting ducks right now; we could be the target instead of the hunter. Let's figure out what's going on.
First of all, we are here to troupe against megacorps. They are out causing mischief again. Causing problems for Spring-Heeled Jack and the rest of us. We have to catch them by surprise and destroy them. Our objective is to get in, destroy them if possible. They have something we need.”

“Peacekeeper please sit down”

Croaker asked her in his professional voice, as for the moment MDK and Lighting were still unaware of the relationship between her and him.

Hearing his voice that way she fell silent anew, listened for a moment to the sounds around the table, decided her words had been heard and sat down in her chair propping it up on two legs. Crossing her legs on the table while crossing her arms across her chest she leaned back as if waiting for something to be said.

"To be more exact," Scribe then spoke up and added in a tired tone. "Someone Jack feels..."

Scribe looked around at the other patrons to see if Peacekeeper's antics had drawn any unwanted attention. Dropping his voice, he continued.

"Is currently very well employed tried to burn him, and as a by-product: us. In the unveiling of this act we discovered our "get out of jail free" card. Problem is, it is tied up in this facility you're now privy to."

"How does this help us sting a corpse?"

Lightning asked, again snapping out of his reverie to join the conversation.

"The magnitude of what's locked up in that research facility could cost a megacorp a lot of money if the R&D is lost."

Added Firewind quick to put his two cents into the conversation. Then it was back to Scribe.

"More than just that,the Joe that burned us will likely wind up a corpse if this leaks. I'm willing to bet he's locking down tight. Now, pleasantries aside, and as much as I hate to admit it, Peacekeeper is right. Time is wasting. What's the plan?"

At this point the big Nomad leaned forward and once again took control of the conversation.

“Ok like Firewind said what we are after MDK is Biotechnia R&D, to be even more exact then Scribe, it’s a serum/drug that acts like boosterware without the cyber implants. We get our hands on that data some of us, Lighting and you exempted, can bargain it for our lives, maybe bring a little grief and a heavy money hit to the corp. At the very least, like Scribe said, we can use it to bring down the Johnson who hired Jack to hire us.”

Pausing to take a drink of his soda, having had no beer, he continued.

“As for a game plan I will say this again, first off Spiff I need you, if you can, to get us as much info as you can gather from your sources as to number of employees, any food or outside deliveries and on what days they do so. Look for shift change times, employee names, if they live on site or off, if off site try to find home addresses. If you can find a good netrunner try a hack at the sec at the facility"

"Second, Scribe use your media contacts and check for any news stories or published incidents in or around that target area. Look for anything we could use as a reason to be in that area or to visit the target and gain entry."

"Third, MDK you suggested a ground recon of the facility, ok we go with that also, only problem with that is who goes with ya as none of us are stealth trained. If Spiff can get me a snipe I can do over cover but that’s pretty much it. Bulls Eye has offered to be the wheelman but he too ain’t quiet it may just be better you go in on your own. If Spiff or Jack can get us some ear com links we could send you in and stay linked that way as I stand by as over cover and Bulls Eye as wheelman.”

(OOC: Awaiting any replies from the rest of the players before I continue)

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:13pm


Posted on 2008-05-11 at 03:50:12.
Edited on 2008-05-11 at 03:53:25 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


A decent plan....

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:13pm “First of all, we are here to troupe against megacorps. They are out causing mischief again. Causing problems for Spring-Heeled Jack and the rest of us. We have to catch them by surprise and destroy them. Our objective is to get in, destroy them if possible. They have something we need.” Peacekeeper stood up and said.

"To be more exact," Scribe then spoke up and added in a tired tone. "Someone Jack feels...is currently very well employed tried to burn him, and as a by-product: us. In the unveiling of this act we discovered our "get out of jail free" card. Problem is, it is tied up in this facility you're now privy to."

"How does this help us sting a corpse?" Lightning asked, again snapping out of his reverie to join the conversation.

"The magnitude of what's locked up in that research facility could cost a megacorp a lot of money if the R&D is lost," added Firewind quick to put his two cents into the conversation. Then it was back to Scribe.

"More than just that, the Joe that burned us will likely wind up a corpse if this leaks. I'm willing to bet he's locking down tight. Now, pleasantries aside, and as much as I hate to admit it, Peacekeeper is right. Time is wasting. What's the plan?"

At this point the big Nomad leaned forward and once again took control of the conversation.

“Ok like Firewind said what we are after MDK is Biotechnia R&D, to be even more exact then Scribe, it’s a serum/drug that acts like boosterware without the cyber implants. We get our hands on that data some of us, Lighting and you exempted, can bargain it for our lives, maybe bring a little grief and a heavy money hit to the corp. At the very least, like Scribe said, we can use it to bring down the Johnson who hired Jack to hire us.”

MDK nodded satisfied that he had heard the background of the story. He didn’t like going into a job and not really knowing what to do.

“Fair enough,” He said, “Don’t mean to pry into your business, I just like to know what we are after so I don’t accidentally blast it or them.” he added a small grin.

"Third, MDK you suggested a ground recon of the facility, ok we go with that also, only problem with that is who goes with ya as none of us are stealth trained. If Spiff can get me a snipe I can do over cover but that’s pretty much it. Bulls Eye has offered to be the wheelman but he too ain’t quiet it may just be better you go in on your own. If Spiff or Jack can get us some ear com links we could send you in and stay linked that way as I stand by as over cover and Bulls Eye as wheelman.”
Mae nodded again, now this was a plan and something he could get onboard with. Going in to recon alone was always preferable to him; he didn’t have to worry about the other guy giving them away. If he screwed up then he could accept it; though he didn’t screw up so he felt he didn’t have anything to worry about this time.

“Not a problem going it alone,” MDK said in response to the plan, “Just have someone drop me off as close as we can get and I will do the rest. Make sure your com links have security scramblers and they are untraceable… I don’t want them pinpointing me from the signal.”

While he waited on the others replies to the plan, Mae looked over the topography of the map on his cellphone. The terrain wouldn’t be a problem, but he would have to be slow and careful to look out for security monitors.

“Nighttime would be best,” he said absentmindedly, not looking up from his phone as he ran potential routes to the buildings through his head.

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:13pm


Posted on 2008-05-11 at 15:04:09.
Edited on 2008-05-13 at 00:10:52 by YeOlde

suicidolt
RDI Fixture
Karma: 44/13
612 Posts


Playing the waiting game

Spiff had been uncharacteristically quiet. It was upsetting to him, but he had to agree with Peacekeeper. His intent with this meeting was to go over a number of battle plans. Instead, most of the meeting had been a matter of Croaker slapping his junk out on the table. He had hoped that the nomad's arrival was symbolic of a willingness to work together. Instead, it seemed it just meant that he wanted to one-up Spiff still.

He had just relaxed at the edge of the table eating his meal. Normally someone like this would deserve no more than a bullet to the head, but Jack had asked him to play nice. He had made sure to fill up well. After all, it was all coming out of his pocket. He relaxed for a bit. No point arguing with an idiot.

He had kept up on the phone numbers as they were passed around and looked over the picture of the facility, trying to see if he could figure out where it was. After all, that information didn't come with the message. He wasn't going to let another idiot ruin his day. He sat at the table relaxing as the discussion, which had become quite useless, wound down. He'd have to catch a few of the more important people after the meeting to make sure something actually got done.

((PM me if you need a list Brom))


Posted on 2008-05-13 at 02:10:27.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 155/11
4193 Posts


Moving on...

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:13pm
Scribe peered about the table as Croaker finished outlining the plan. He was interested to see how Spiff handled the instruction seeing as how the man didn’t appear to be a team player, and when the fixer sat back and didn’t respond, DigitalScribe shook his head in resignation.

“Looks like we’re all on board, Croaker,” he said, spreading his hands to encompass the whole of the table, his voice still low. “So, let’s be about it. What do you say we check in via phone at eight tonight? That will give each of us an opportunity to at least make headway on our assignments.”

That said, the media stood and swept his hand through his handsome hair. “See you all on the flip side. Guardian?”

Turning away from the others, Scribe quickly scanned the room to once again check against possible eavesdroppers, and then proceeded out the front door into the rain, pressing his Cab Hailer to bring about a ride.

“I’ll go with you, Croaker,” Firewind said. “Where you’re going, you may need some medical attention.”

“Not if I can help it,” Bull’s Eye growled as he too rose from his seat. “C’mon, Croaker. We’ve got to find ourselves a ride.”

As Bull’s Eye left his seat, Lightning also stood, looking down at MDK with raised eyebrows. “Coming?”

The group, consisting of nomads, assassins, techs, and a bounty hunter all made their way out of the club and into the rain as well where a little ways down the street, being drenched, DigitalScribe and Guardian stood waiting for their cab.

Back within the club, Preacher rose from his seat in a very quick, fluid movement that belied his injuries. Just as quickly, his Ameritech Magnum was torn from his rib holster and leveled at a man wearing a black suit with white synth-snakeskin boots who had started on his way over.

“That’s close enough partner,” the solo drawled, his trench coat flowing about his body in recess from the speedy action.

“Who the frack are you?” the man said with an obvious flare of anger. “Who the hell is he, Spiff?”

Preacher kept the weapon leveled, but asked a simple question by way of response. “You know him, Spiff?”

“Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,” the man in the black suit puffed up his chest and stared down his nose at the urban cowboy. “I’m Spiff’s might, son. I’m Reverend.”

“Ecclesiastes,” the solo responded dryly, still with the weapon leveled. “Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety. I’m Preacher, and for the moment, I’m Spiff’s might…son.”

The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:14pm


Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:14pm
The Red Cab swerved sharply from the road to the curbside, washing water up onto the cement in front of DigitalScribe and Guardian. It was a sedan, with the usual white and black checker stripe wrapping around the whole of the body. Stepping forward, the media opened the door and slid inside, running his hand through his wet hair and then down his face as he slid over, making room for his bodyguard. Once Guardian was inside, he tapped the bulletproof plasglass separator indicating that the black woman behind the wheel could start driving.

“I need someplace safe and quiet, Guardian. Your choice.”

“Where too?” asked the driver.

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:14pm


Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:14pm
“We need a parking garage, or someplace dark an’ out of the way if we’re to get a vehicle, Croaker.” Bull’s Eye stood against the onslaught of the storm as though it didn’t rage about him, solid, determined, and looking every bit the hardened criminal. “Hey, you. Lightnin’ was it? You got any tools that can hijack us a car, or truck?”

“Huh?” Lightning turned to look at the shorter man with raised eyebrows. “Oh, sure. Shouldn’t be a problem.”

“All right, then,” Bull’s Eye looked back at Croaker. “Well? You’re the councilman. Where to?”

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:14pm


Posted on 2008-05-17 at 19:41:17.

suicidolt
RDI Fixture
Karma: 44/13
612 Posts


Spiff talks again.

Spiff had hoped to grab a person or two as the meeting ended, but the crew immediately split into their silly cliques. He would have to be content with the phone numbers for now. He was still relaxing in his seat with his feet up when Preacher nearly leaped from the seat next to him. He almost laughed at the banter between them. He knew, however, that his lieutenant was already on edge and he didn't need a reason to set him off further.

"Put down the d*** gun Preacher. I never even wanted a bodyguard." He didn't look up at either of the men next to him. He relaxed in his laid back position until they calmed down. "Sit down boys, that was a crappy introduction." He picked up his drink and took a sip, dropping his feet to the floor. Everyone had left, so he could speak freely now. "And for the record, that was a s*** meeting."

He looked around at the table. It wasn't exactly needed. He already knew the rest of the crew was absent. Instead, he was just drawing Reverend's attention to the fact that he had noticed. "Where is everyone, Rev?"


Posted on 2008-05-19 at 03:00:32.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/118
6509 Posts


Not much to add

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:14pm
“We need a parking garage, or someplace dark an’ out of the way if we’re to get a vehicle, Croaker.”

Bull’s Eye stood against the onslaught of the storm as though it didn’t rage about him, solid, determined, and looking every bit the hardened criminal.

“Hey, you. Lightnin’ was it? You got any tools that can hijack us a car, or truck?”

“Huh?” Lightning turned to look at the shorter man with raised eyebrows. “Oh, sure. Shouldn’t be a problem.”

“All right, then,” Bull’s Eye looked back at Croaker. “Well? You’re the councilman. Where to?”

“Well like you said Bulls Eye we need wheels first thing, Lighting you seem the man to get us a car so know any out of the way used car lots or something where, another van best thing, won’t come up missing too fast. Or we can do a best of and walk around looking for something around here..
Next thing after that is a new place to stay as our time is pretty much up with your buds Bulls Eye. From there once we get a location from Spiff or Scribe we can plan our recon and see what equipment we have to work with. The only place I can come up with is my apartment but if 'they' know who we are that’s a big risk. MDK, you and Lighting are new to this gathering and ‘they’ may not know yet of your involvement, so do eithier of you have any idea’s?”

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:14pm


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 03:47:41.
Edited on 2008-05-20 at 03:49:38 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


a hideout....

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:14pm
Mae got up and followed the others outside figuring that finally they were going to do something. He hated sitting around talking about what they were going to do when they could be doing it. He looked at his skin watch and was amazed that so little time had gone by, it had seemed like they had been talking for hours.

Once outside he listened as Croaker talked of transportation and places to use as a hide out.

Next thing after that is a new place to stay as our time is pretty much up with your buds Bulls Eye. From there once we get a location from Spiff or Scribe we can plan our recon and see what equipment we have to work with. The only place I can come up with is my apartment but if 'they' know who we are that’s a big risk. MDK, you and Lighting are new to this gathering and ‘they’ may not know yet of your involvement, so do either of you have any idea’s?”
Mae thought for a moment and then shrugged to the big Nomad, “My place isn’t big enough for even me, but I will check around and see if their might be anyone I know who has a place we could use for a bit. It might cost though?”

(Any Reply)

Mae nodded then pulling out his cellphone he turned and walked away a bit so he could make a call and the others could continue to talk without them both being distracted.

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:14pm


Posted on 2008-05-27 at 14:14:27.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 155/11
4193 Posts


Scouting Party 01

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:14pm
Lightning blinked into the acidic rain and frowned. He wasn’t exactly a car thief, and for the life of him, couldn’t think of the best place to procure a vehicle. Of course, once they found one, he was confident he’d be able to start ‘er right up…

“Sorry, but no dice here. I’m an upstanding citizen,” the techie grinned as he said this.

Bull’s Eye sighed and motioned down the street as MDK stepped off a ways to start making calls. “Let’s start walkin’. If we see something prime, I’ll clue you all in.” That said, the stocky nomad splashed through a puddle in the center of the concrete and began to walk away from where DigitalScribe and Guardian were getting into a Red Cab.

The rain was cold, the wind like a sandblasting tool, but Bull’s Eye was determined to get this underway. There had been a time when he would have been more relaxed in a city than out on the road where they’d have to keep an eye out for bandits and the Raffen Shiv. Prison had changed him. Inside, he’d had to watch his back, watch his side, watch his front, and sleep with one eye open. It had made him cynical, and brutally effective out of necessity. The man Croaker had known as a simple driver was no more, even if Croaker didn’t realize it. Now, with the somber, tattoo-faced medic, the all too beautiful bounty hunter, the techie with ADD, the enigmatic assassin, and the nomadic councilmember in tow, he had to find them a suitable ride, and quick.

There weren’t many on the street despite the time of day. When huge storms rolled in, Night City, just like any other city, kept its pulse pounding, but there were all too many different ways to stay off the street, and many took advantage of them. What that meant was twofold as far as Bull’s Eye was concerned: one, they had little potential for interacting with some fool ganger, and two they stood out like sore thumbs to anyone who just happened to take an interest in what was going on outside. Hunching his shoulders, the driver dug his hands deep into his trench coat pockets.

Covering his mouth as he took a deep breath, Firewind set off after the grumpy nomad, keeping his gloomy thoughts to himself. Part of him was ecstatic over the opportunity to finally do some damage to a megacorp, no matter how small. Ever since his loss, he’d been vying for an opportunity just like this to come along, but had been forced to work mamby-pamby gigs just to stay alive. This was the first real espionage outing he was involved in, and though he was excited about the prospects, he was more than a little concerned with the dynamics of the group. Glancing at Croaker, the medtech wondered briefly if he were really the best suited to be in charge. It wasn’t the first time he’d wondered as much, but perhaps he was missing something—after all, Bull’s Eye had said that Croaker had been on a council, and even though Firewind knew very little about nomadic society, it was fairly common knowledge that most nomads had a government system that involved a council of sorts. So, if Croaker really had been on their family council, why was he so…unreasonable when it came to working with others?

The medtech’s gaze shifted to Peacekeeper for a moment before dropping back to the cement in front of him. Maybe that was it. Maybe having her along for the ride was setting the nomad on edge. But wouldn’t that make him want to pool all of his resources even more instead of alienating them? Keahi remained baffled as they wondered down the street.

“There,” Bull’s Eye’s gravel-filled voice brought their attention around. The group had progressed a few minutes down the street, working their way past shops, alleys, and restaurants until they’d come to a wide, one-way street that cut back between two red brick buildings tagged by graffiti. “Don’t no one point, or do nothin’ stupid like that. Just gather up like we’re talking lunch.”

While everyone gathered around, Bull’s Eye fished Canned Air out of his bag and put the mask over his mouth, filling his lungs with clean oxygen. About midway down the street, the area opened up to about three times as wide—possibly a loading/unloading area for the shops and restaurants. Parked there was a dull gray delivery van, the back doors opened wide and two people unloading boxes while another stood by with a submachine gun in hand smoking a cigarette. All three wore dark gray coveralls, ball caps, and heavy black work boots. The one holding the weapon was looking down the alley at the group of edgerunners that had just come into view, but the others were still working hard at removing the brown cardboard boxes from the back of the vehicle and placing them on the covered deck nearby. A stream of rainwater rushed down the alley away from the edgerunner’s positions towards the van that was about a foot wide. There was a large mottled green dumpster a bit further down in the courtyard, tucked into a corner just before the street narrowed again. The direction one-way sign pointed out towards the street the team hovered near, and traffic was slim, comparatively.

“Yeah, I know. There’s three obstacles, and one of them has heat, but that’s a delivery van, and it appears to be office supplies, so it could be an excuse for bein’ up that way if we ace it.” Bull’s Eye took another drag off the Canned Air and smiled as if he were telling a joke. “You’re call, Croaker. You want this one, or do we keep lookin’?”

“Oooo,” Lightning whistled. “You could do a lot with that and a bone yard.”

“Over here,” Bull’s Eye snapped his fingers in front of the techie’s eyes to draw his gaze back away from the van. “Frackin’ dunce.”

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:30pm


Posted on 2008-05-29 at 18:53:48.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Possibilities....

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:14pm
Mae saw the others walking off as he talked on the cell phone, he followed a discrete distance behind them so he could keep them in sight and still talk on the phone. As he walked he hung up and made two more calls and after the last he flipped his phone closed and slipped it back inside his coat, after making sure it was still on vibrate as he always kept it.

He quickened his pace so he could catch up to the others. Catching Crocker’s eye he just shook his head and shrugged letting the big nomad know that he had struck out. He didn’t have much contacts in the area of help, most of the people that knew him were either ones that he worked for, or enemies that would be glad to see him killed. He stayed at the back of the group a few steps behind so he could keep a good scan on everyone around them. If someone came along and tried to ice this group he wanted some room to move.

There,” Bull’s Eye’s gravel-filled voice brought their attention around. The group had progressed a few minutes down the street, working their way past shops, alleys, and restaurants until they’d come to a wide, one-way street that cut back between two red brick buildings tagged by graffiti. “Don’t no one point, or do nothin’ stupid like that. Just gather up like we’re talking lunch.”
Mae took one look down the street and saw trouble, and as the others gathered he stayed at the back of the group using them as cover. Hereached into his Icon America Duster and pulled a black battle mask out and slipped it on his face then raised the bandana up a bit to cover the lower portion. His Cyberoptics scanned the street and image enhanced everyone and everything there. His targeting scope locked on to the one with the SMG and his right hand still hovered near his holstered, smartlinked.44 automat.

About midway down the street, the area opened up to about three times as wide—possibly a loading/unloading area for the shops and restaurants. Parked there was a dull gray delivery van, the back doors opened wide and two people unloading boxes while another stood by with a submachine gun in hand smoking a cigarette. All three wore dark gray coveralls, ball caps, and heavy black work boots. The one holding the weapon was looking down the alley at the group of edgerunners that had just come into view, but the others were still working hard at removing the brown cardboard boxes from the back of the vehicle and placing them on the covered deck nearby. A stream of rainwater rushed down the alley away from the edgerunner’s positions towards the van that was about a foot wide. There was a large mottled green dumpster a bit further down in the courtyard, tucked into a corner just before the street narrowed again. The direction one-way sign pointed out towards the street the team hovered near, and traffic was slim, comparatively.

“Yeah, I know. There’s three obstacles, and one of them has heat, but that’s a delivery van, and it appears to be office supplies, so it could be an excuse for bein’ up that way if we ace it.” Bull’s Eye took another drag off the Canned Air and smiled as if he were telling a joke. “You’re call, Croaker. You want this one, or do we keep lookin’?”

“Looks like a good place for an ambush,” MDK whispered, his voice reverberating slightly because of the battle mask now in place. He was sure he didn’t have to point out the potential areas in that street where other’s could be laying in wait for someone to come along and attempt to steal the obviously precious cargo. He didn’t say anything else, he just let the leader make the decision. He would go with it either way, he was starting to get bored and needed something to break the monotony. Maybe killing someone would help, it usually did. Just in case, he settled his target reticule on the forehead of the SMG totting van guard.

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:30pm


Posted on 2008-05-30 at 23:28:30.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/118
6509 Posts


Moving on, no firefight today

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:14pm
As they moved out from the cover of the Red Lanterns overhang they followed Bulls Eye’s lead as they attempted to locate a suitable ride. As they walked Croaker was wrapping his mind around the problems facing them.

“There,” Bull’s Eye’s gravel-filled voice brought their attention around. The group had progressed a few minutes down the street, working their way past shops, alleys, and restaurants until they’d come to a wide, one-way street that cut back between two red brick buildings tagged by graffiti.
“Don’t no one point, or do nothin’ stupid like that. Just gather up like we’re talking lunch.”

Looking to where Bulls Eye had directed their attention he took in the truck, the three gun men and the narrowness of the alley

“Yeah, I know. There’s three obstacles, and one of them has heat, but that’s a delivery van, and it appears to be office supplies, so it could be an excuse for bein’ up that way if we ace it. You’re call, Croaker. You want this one, or do we keep lookin’?”

“We keep looking last thing we need is another street firefight.”

With MDK’s look of having struck out on a place to stay they were running out of options. For now he would keep it simple ride first, shelter next if they could find an RV that would solve both problems

“We need a RV or something close let’s try for that if we can”

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:30pm


Posted on 2008-05-31 at 04:07:35.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 155/11
4193 Posts


Other locations?

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:30pm
Bull’s Eye nodded at Croaker’s instructions and took one final drag on his oxygen before dumping the can back into his duffle. The nomad had cocked one eyebrow at the sight of the battle mask, but remained quiet about his opinion of such a fashion statement and instead turned to survey the street they were on. An RV in the middle of a city was not an easy thing to come by, and the consideration of such a feat was causing the man to start shaking his head when he turned and gave Croaker a furrowed brow expression.

“You wanna head into Pacifica, or down to Rancho Coronado then? I mean, aside from a dealership, or a garage, we ain’t likely gonna find us an RV here.” To emphasize, Bull’s Eye spread his hands out in a sweeping gesture that drew one’s attention to the compact city-oriented vehicles that crowded the curbs. These little pods would sufficiently carry one to two people with very little drain on the pocketbook, and minimal fuel costs—important during a fuel crisis.

“Whatever the case,” Firewind added, still hunching against the weather. “Can we move this discussion away from the edgy man with the submachine gun?”

(OOC: Pacifica is north of downtown Night City and is an upper class, high protection area. Rancho Coronado is south of Night City and is the ultimate beaverville. Both are considered part of the greater Night City area.)

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:30pm


Posted on 2008-06-02 at 22:16:50.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/118
6509 Posts


Short reply

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:14pm
“We need a RV or something close let’s try for that if we can”

“You wanna head into Pacifica or down to Rancho Coronado then? I mean, aside from a dealership, or a garage, we ain’t likely gonna find us an RV here.” To emphasize, Bull’s Eye spread his hands out in a sweeping gesture that drew one’s attention to the compact city-oriented vehicles that crowded the curbs.

“Whatever the case,” Firewind added, still hunching against the weather. “Can we move this discussion away from the edgy man with the submachine gun?”

“Firewind’s right lets calmly move on, as far as where to go Pacifica’s out too much sec so we head to Rancho Coronado by taxi or bus depending on our available Euro’s.”

With that said Croaker moved the six of them away from the armed sec.

Outside of The Red Lantern – East Marina – Night City – March, Friday 13th, 2020, 12:30pm


Posted on 2008-06-03 at 00:51:42.
Edited on 2008-06-03 at 00:54:49 by TannTalas

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.