The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4025 registered users. Our newest member is JessieErickson.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Mischief)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Nomad D2)The Trilogy War
Common Room - Grandpa Ody (posted by Nomad D2)Grandpa Ody
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by TannTalas)Trilogy War Q/A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
Parent thread: Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood Recruitment
Related thread: Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
    Messages in Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6552 Posts


Actually

If you read the bottom half of the post it never says all of us are at this meet it only says that Echo pulls the van into the meeting site.

The coordinates are a series of warehouses tucked in the shadows of a tower extension that blocks out any light that may have reached these city depths. The exact location of the drop is between two buildings in a stretch of cracked pavement road big enough for a team of semi-trucks to drive side-by-side through it. Edgerunners with optical HUDS mark the width at thirty meters and the length a good two hundred meters. In the center of the lane there are two black sedans with completely tinted windows and a black aerodyne limo behind them, currently resting. As Echo pulls the van in close, the sedans’ doors open and nine people get out, all of them in black suits with armored overcoats. It isn’t hard to recognize corporate exec level security details and this is definitely one. The ninth individual to get out is a smaller man with slicked-back TechHair® that shifts in color from deep blue to deep red and back again. He’s definitely marked with NuCybe lines about his eyes and throat. He’s obviously the one in charge as he steps forward.

So I would think Brom does not need to change his post as the only for sure member at the meet right now is Echo.

So Brom a few more questions.

1) Can Blossom fly the drone and still cover us on the net.?

2) Using the systematics Blossom is able to call up of the area is there a good sniper hide for Ghlahn and a safe place for her.

3) Anybody else have any idea's on how we handle this meeting?



Posted on 2020-05-06 at 17:17:28.
Edited on 2020-05-06 at 17:29:45 by TannTalas

CameToPlay
Regular Visitor
Karma: 8/0
63 Posts




I have a question more than any suggestions. Is keeping Rya alive a priority while we're in the meeting? I mean like if the armed dudes go to execute her in front of Jase, are we going to step in? I can't see Bloodbank just standing by if they're going to murder the kid's mom in front of Jase. This is mostly just hypothetical, since I'm expecting us to never see Rya again dun dun dun



Posted on 2020-05-06 at 17:59:09.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 57/18
2293 Posts




Brom also said those of us with HUD can tell the distances implying more than one of us are at the meet. 

Not sure it would be smart ot have only one person at the drop.  If anything goes wrong they are pretty helpless even with an overwatch.     



Posted on 2020-05-06 at 18:16:23.
Edited on 2020-05-06 at 19:05:19 by Keeper of Dragons

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6552 Posts


Again Keeper

I'm sure Brom as DM would know that at least Echo and I would be at the meet and we both have a Head's Up Display so makes sense he was leaving it open as to who is actually at the meet. Also as stated in my basic idea, restated below, Echo was in no way going to be alone.

Finally Myself, Echo, Fixer and Bloodbank along with Jace and his Mom go to the meet

In answer to your question CTP my player side would not let that happen if I could stop it. My character side has been in the edgerunning shadows long enough to not like it, but not stop it. After all she was given the oppertunity to walk away but did not, her fate is now on her head. 



Posted on 2020-05-06 at 19:50:45.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 155/11
4232 Posts




CTP has a good question.

I personally think it wise to plan things out before posting when I've let you all know that you can. That's just me though.

As for who is at the drop, I made the assumption that everyone is there due tuio no plan staying otherwise being put forward. I've relayed the following to Tann.

This is a really smart meet spot. Your team didn't have time to visit the location beforehand. The only way for Ghlahn and Blossom (and potentially Charlie) to exit the van and still gain line of sight or be useful to the rest of the team would be if you stopped the van in sight of the corporate sec team, exited the vehicle in front of their eyes, and ran to the side buildings. Blossom can either not find any schematics of this location or none exist. Essentially, your team is rendered blind going in and you're flying by the seat of your pants.

It ain't in any way shape or form ideal except that you are competing the gig once the hand off is done. 



Posted on 2020-05-06 at 19:55:19.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6552 Posts


Ok then

We have our answer so its seat of our pants time lol Oh 1 more thing Brom you need to add 1 smoke, 1 frag, and 1 HE grenade to my sheet as I have 2 of each not 1 lol. Never know in these "seat of the pants" meets 



Posted on 2020-05-06 at 20:01:52.

CameToPlay
Regular Visitor
Karma: 8/0
63 Posts




Cyberpunk's ruleset is still a language being learned for me, so ignore these questions if they're impossible.

Is there any chance we can post up someone with a big gun in the van? Like have Ghlahn take up a sniper position in the backseat to be watching for any sudden moves? Blossom maybe could hole up and run cyberwarfare interference from inside the safety of the van too. I can't find exactly if the van is bulletproof or not with a quick perusal of the game thread, but I imagine at least being out of line of sight would be safer for them both to do their things.

I'd like to keep Bloodbank close with Jase and Rya, watching for any aggressive activity, especially towards the kid. BB can be a meat shield for them if things go south.



Posted on 2020-05-06 at 20:15:17.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6552 Posts


Not a bad idea CTP

I did not think of setting up Ghlahn in the van but its a good idea and thats what we will do if Keeper is ok with that. Not sure how the van's front glass would effect the bullets trajectory but it would be a better use of his skill then in a stand up situation.

As far as Blossom is concerned, cyberwarfare interference per Brom through PM's with me, is not really a factor so not sure where she could be best used.



Posted on 2020-05-06 at 20:29:19.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 57/18
2293 Posts




Sniping from inside the van would be difficult.  Ghalan is better off outside where he can manuever freely and work as a shield if needed.  My thought is that being upfront at the meet might be the best idea.   As for what happens if they execute the kid or the lady, Ghalan is not risking himself for either of them.   



Posted on 2020-05-06 at 21:07:23.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 155/11
4232 Posts




FYI - Blossom is just fine staying in the back seat of the van.

CTP, BB would know that there's cyberoptics that allow for infrared vision through the van. Chances are, an executive sec team will be all decked out in cyberwar. Great thinking though! +1 Creative Currency.

Keeper knows his character. Ghlahn is more than a sniper. He's probably the best armored amongst the lot of you.

I will post on Friday, so please wrap up your planning and get your posts in.

Espatier, Mischief, Nomad... if you've got any input, suggestions, questions, now's the time to post them.



Posted on 2020-05-07 at 01:10:10.

Mischief
Regular Visitor
Karma: 7/1
80 Posts


No idea's

But I'll follow whatever plan Tann or Espatier come up with and I'll post after them. Ok so just a quick remender who is the group leader? Tann or Espatier? I thought we had all agreed on Tann, but now not sure.



Posted on 2020-05-07 at 01:19:53.

Espatier
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 5/0
179 Posts


I'm here just to play

I don't care either way, so I'll step aside and let Tann handle everything and I will continue to support whoever wants to run the group. 



Posted on 2020-05-07 at 02:05:29.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6552 Posts


@Espatier

Brom brought up a good idea. In a meet like this you take the lead as your  negotiation skill is much better then mine and in combat type situations I'll take the lead. That way we employ our best skills to the situation at hand. Don't want to f*** this meet up and the only reason I had thought of not having you there was your control of that drone, which Brom has since told me is umarmed. So please take the lead here and get us on track to a rescue attempt for Vegas.



Posted on 2020-05-07 at 06:01:45.

Espatier
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 5/0
179 Posts


Sounds fair to me

Okay, I'll do all the non-shooting things and you make holes in things then, agreed?. Yes the drone is unarmed and if I can get things back on track I'll attempt to do this quickly. 

@Brom Sal Pm sent



Posted on 2020-05-07 at 23:02:13.
Edited on 2020-05-07 at 23:50:36 by Espatier

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 155/11
4232 Posts




I've answered the PM, Espatier. I was going to post today and still might if things get updated in time. If not, it may be Monday morning. Either way, it looks like we still have peace amongst the ranks, Charlie is taking lead in this situation, and we await a post from Mischief and Espatier.



Posted on 2020-05-08 at 17:44:07.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.