The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4024 registered users. Our newest member is JessieErickson.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Blacktooth Ridge Q&A (posted by dragon-soul92)Blacktooth Ridge Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Nomad D2)Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Scyon City Q&A (posted by SilentOne)Scyon City Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Destiny Flight - QnA
Parent thread: Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG
    Messages in Destiny Flight - QnA
RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Mens
Price: $14.00

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6348 Posts


something like this

Sparrow Class Short - Range Shuttle 

Sparrow Class


Dimensions (LxBxH): 35 x 20 x 12 feet
Tonnage: 30 tons.
Speed Class: 2 cruise/6 hard-burn (reaction thrusters only).
Crew: Pilot, Copilot.
EVA Doors: Port, Starboard and underneath with self seal.
Life support: 30 man-days.
Fuel Capacity: 1 ton (1,000 hours).
Cargo and Passenger Capacity: 15 tons, or up to 12 passengers on fold-down benches.
Price: 550CR

Agi d8 Str d2 Vit d6 Ale d2 Int d2 Wil d4;
Init d8+d2 Life 6.

Healthy as a Horse; Short Range; Fast Throttle (Major)

Aerial Transport Operations/Shuttle d2 Space Transport Operations/Shuttle d2. Complexity: very low.

Maintenance costs 18CR per year.



Posted on 2019-08-09 at 10:05:39.
Edited on 2019-08-09 at 10:08:38 by Alacrity

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 156/25
6254 Posts




Thank you so much. I'd say the shuttle's stats should be saved on the charater sheet with the ships. You have already done that, I haven't looked yet. Maybe Brom can color the picture and make the shuttle black to match Destiny.

Ok Brom, it will be Wyatt's call to attempt to board. 

Your final choice of boarding party but my thought is Wyatt, Wolf and either Pops or Fox.

Wyatt and Wolf are firer power.

Fox or Pops should be able to get around and locks, sensors or systems.

This could be a chance for Fox to shine, but Pops may be needed for the old systems.

I don't think the Doc is needed unless we can sense some life over there. Ivy may press to send medical help.

 



Posted on 2019-08-09 at 19:25:26.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 51/6
2518 Posts


Pilot

Can anyone fly the shuttle?  Or who has the skill?

Alex will be really bummed to be staying on the Destiny, but it is what he expects.  (Assuming the pilot stays with the ship and others can run the shuttle, which seems pretty obvious givent he back story.)  



Posted on 2019-08-09 at 23:57:28.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6348 Posts


Mission

Anyone can pilot a shuttle. Now can anyone pilot a shuttle and make a airtight seal between it and a rotating derelict ship? That is another story. 

 

For a game perapective, one of the reasons I give you an NPC is so all players can go on missions. 



Posted on 2019-08-10 at 04:34:58.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 156/25
6254 Posts




In Roc we had Ma as the NPC and it was assumed she had the skills to not only pilot the shuttle but also Roc in a pinch. She was known as a scrappy fighter with her pink shotgun so she could defend the Roc when the crew was out.

Now we have a 16 year old as the NPC and it hasn't been established she could handle Destiny in a pinch or defend her from intruders. 

This is why I was alluding to keeping several folks on board. Doc is a fighter that can actively defend Destiny and Alex could swing destiny in close to pickup the shuttle in an emergancy or perform anti boarding manuvers.

How about a little background to fill the gaps some. Her shyness would belay the idea that she can take down some street toughs with her flying hands and feet or shot the eye out of a vulture going after a puppuy from 50 yards with a hand gun.

 

Just saying...lol



Posted on 2019-08-10 at 13:47:34.
Edited on 2019-08-10 at 22:11:38 by Odyson

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 51/6
2518 Posts


Trust

Well,

If we play it based on the GM saying the NPC is there so we can all go on the mission, then that works with me.  

On the other hand, if we play it by character role-playing so far, Ivy does not exactly seem like she is trustworthy to leave in command.  Lets leave the crazy young girl wandering about spouting weird stuff in charge of the entire ship while everybody goes off leaving themselves completely at the mercy of whatever she starts seeing this time?  Oh yeah, that seems like a great idea.  



Posted on 2019-08-10 at 19:58:52.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6348 Posts


point taken

I can see how the trust is not there for a complete crew mission at this point. There are a number of options available from taking the shuttle to getting Destiny close enough to do an EVA suit jump.I promise that whomever is left on the ship will have some excitment to deal with at some point. There is also the important job of monitoring the black, digging up data on the cortex, etc etc.

 

 



Posted on 2019-08-12 at 08:38:35.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 156/25
6254 Posts




Well we can make the leap of faith and leave Ivy in command. I was just thinking our readers might enjoy the background.



Posted on 2019-08-12 at 16:51:15.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6611 Posts


A thought

I think taking Ivy with us to the ship is a better idea. She is the one feeling that there is someone on that ship that needs our help and through her we may be able to render aid.  Also if whatever/whomever is calling to Ivy means they may feel a connection to her so taking her along could show we are there to help not harm. 



Posted on 2019-08-12 at 17:00:16.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 156/25
6254 Posts




Well we still won't want to leave Destiny unmanned. Too easy for her to be boarded if this is a trap of some sort.



Posted on 2019-08-12 at 17:06:28.

SilentOne
RDI Poet - 1.5 Innma
Karma: 39/5
852 Posts




Im going to assume that the good doc needs to join this rescue mission? If not couldnt she stay on Destiny? 



Posted on 2019-08-12 at 18:41:33.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6611 Posts


Boarders

Though I'm of course not the Captain, I'm looking at the boading party something like this.

Wyatt and Pops as firepower, also if she is still flyable Pops or Wyatt as the next best pilots in the crew could fly her.

Ivy as she is connected to whatever is calling her

Alaxis, as Ivy is sure "SHE" needs help so our Doc should go

And last Sean as he has tech knowledge and may be able to access her flight log. However as he and Pops have the same tech expertise it would be Wyatt's call if he goes or stays. 

 



Posted on 2019-08-12 at 20:32:32.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 51/6
2518 Posts


Pilot on deck

I'm ok if Alex ends up staying on Destiny.  He would very much want to go explore the other ship, but would expect as pilot that he might stay - depending on the need for a skilled shuttle pilot.  And he would follow orders from the captain.  So it isn't a problem if he stays behind.  He makes sense if we aren't just "all going."  

As for the storyline and game play - Alacrity suggested there'd be game play on the ship as well.   Plus, Alex would be in contact with the away team, I assume.  

Or, fi the boss says so, we just all go.  Whatever.  



Posted on 2019-08-12 at 22:46:40.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6611 Posts


Boarders part 2

After rereading Alacrity's post here's my new boarders submission

Wyatt and Wolf as firepower. Also Wolf to see if can restart engine as Alacrity said they are cold, not destroyed.

Ivy as she is connected to whatever is calling her

Alaxis, as Ivy is sure "SHE" needs help so our Doc should go

Sean and Pops have the same tech lvl but Sean has Scientific Expertise which Pops does not. Seeing as this is an old ship, that one skill may be the differance in both finding out what happened to her and if she can be flown.

Plus Pops has a higher skill with guns then Sean or Alex does so he'd be better able to cover the Destiny and Alex should something go wrong.

That would be a boading party of 5 with 2 left on the ship

Again this is of course up to Wyatt.



Posted on 2019-08-12 at 23:43:26.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6348 Posts


what are you planning on shooting?

That is a whole lot of firepower to go visit a ship with no power, no life support and a medical alert transmitting on short wave radio. 



Posted on 2019-08-13 at 07:02:46.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.