The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4063 registered users. Our newest member is Hammeyaneggs.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Return to Charadun - Q&A (posted by Odyson)Return to Charadun - Q&A
Gaming surveys - What game do you own the most books for... (posted by Eol Fefalas)What game do you own the
Posting Games - The Morphing Game (posted by Chessicfayth)The Morphing Game
Posting Games - The One Word Game (posted by TannTalas)The One Word Game
Recruitment Threads - Return to Charadun - Recruitment (posted by Eol Fefalas)Return to Charadun - Recr
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 4 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Blacktooth Ridge
Related thread: Blacktooth Ridge Q&A
    Messages in Blacktooth Ridge
RDI T-shirts!

Proof of Daddy's Charisma Onesie
Price: $15.50



RDI T-shirts!

Outrun the Dragon
Price: $18.00

Jim
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 1/0
111 Posts




"It is a pleasure to meet you Uthal of the Valagans," D'harum said softly and inclined her head in respect.

Uthal bowed his head in return.

She continued, "I'm pleased my music can bring you memories, pleasant ones I hope." She said with a faint smile.

"My memories are like most, bitter and sweet, I suppose." he replied.

She turned to look about the room as she added, "I'm on a Kaihogyo .. I guess you would call it a pilgrimage. I've left my monastery a few months ago and I've been traveling, trying to learn about the world and it's people."

"No small task." he said, breaking a smile, "There is a lot to learn. Have you any insight?" he asked with genuine curiosity.

When she's finished, she looks over at the rest of Uthal's friends, then back to him and she inclines her head towards them.
"Your travel companions, I take it." She said as a statement and not a question, "so what brings all of you to this place?"
She had sat down her utensils when he sat down, she now picked up her mug and took a hefty swig as she awaited his response.

"I've not known them long, but they seem like good people. The gods know we need more folk like that in the world." he shares about his adventuring friends. "We are looking for work!"

D'harum's talent for music, which Uthal enjoyed, and her admiral quest, put him at ease (ooc: better make an insight check). He looked across at the others and back to D'harum. "Would you like to meet them?"



Posted on 2023-02-17 at 06:04:49.
Edited on 2023-02-17 at 06:08:23 by Jim

Altaira
Resident
Karma: 24/0
404 Posts


Some Movement

"I'm pleased my music can bring you memories, pleasant ones I hope." She said with a faint smile.

"My memories are like most, bitter and sweet, I suppose." he replied.

She turned to look about the room as she added, "I'm on a Kaihogyo .. I guess you would call it a pilgrimage. I've left my monastery a few months ago and I've been traveling, trying to learn about the world and it's people."

"No small task." he said, breaking a smile, "There is a lot to learn. Have you any insight?" he asked with genuine curiosity.

Her small smile slipped from her lips when Uthal mentioned his bitter and sweet memories; she didn’t know how to respond to that so she said nothing.

“Insight?” she said with a smirk, “if I had any then I would know what to expect, and therefore no need to leave the monastery.”

"Your travel companions, I take it." She said as a statement and not a question, "so what brings all of you to this place?"

"I've not known them long, but they seem like good people. The gods know we need more folk like that in the world." he shares about his adventuring friends. "We are looking for work!"

He looked across at the others and back to D'harum. "Would you like to meet them?"

Her eyes drifted back to Uthal’s companions as she considered his question, then she shrugged and replied, “Perhaps you should find out if they want to meet me?” 

D'harum smirked again and having finished her meal, she picked up her mug, drank as she watched him over the mug, and waited to see what he would do next.  She had no plans after having visited this town; she was a wanderer and often did not spend more than a night or two in any place.  She had mostly earned her food and lodging by playing her flute for the patrons.  A lot of tavern owners were reluctant at first, but when she would play them a little sample of her skill, they often agreed to at least a single meal and a simple bed in a back room or common room if available.  She never planned on where she was going, preferring to let fate guide her steps.  Maybe this group of Uthal’s might be the next step in her journey, but it was too early to tell at this moment.



Posted on 2023-02-17 at 07:46:39.

Jim
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 1/0
111 Posts


D'harum, meet the party

Her eyes drifted back to Uthal’s companions as she considered his question, then she shrugged and replied, “Perhaps you should find out if they want to meet me?”

"Why?" he asked, confused. "C'mon then!" he offered as he stood at the table, the back of his calves pushing the chair back as he stood. He grabbed his things and gestured to D'harum to follow.

(ooc: Should D'harum join the Goliath)...
Utahl introduces the Monk to his friends. 

(ooc: Back with the party)...
"Thaoran, I may be help, should you need coin." he offers what little coin he has to the Elf.

Keen to get out of the town and into the wilderness, Uthal suggests, "We should find the road soon. I think we should leave at first light."



Posted on 2023-02-17 at 15:04:35.

WhomstHasSummonedTom
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 3/0
172 Posts




"I didn't really spend much myself, just restocked on the pointies", Gerdar nodded at Thaoran, "How much do you need?"



Posted on 2023-02-20 at 06:10:27.

Altaira
Resident
Karma: 24/0
404 Posts


Greetings and Salutations

"Why?" he asked, confused. "C'mon then!" he offered as he stood at the table, the back of his calves pushing the chair back as he stood. He grabbed his things and gestured to D'harum to follow.

The Monk was taken aback by the suddenness of Uthal’s action, and hesitated for a moment before she sat down her mug, grabbed her cloth napkin and quickly dapped her mouth as she rose.  Tossing the cloth on the table she unconsciously straightened her tunic as she stepped over to where the rest of Uthal’s companions waited.

Utahl introduces the Monk to his friends. 

When she was introduced, she brought her hands together at her waist, and bowed to the group and gave her customary greeting upon meeting new people.

“My name is D'Harum,” she said, “I am a Monk of the Way of the Healing Fist order. It is a pleasure to meet you all.”

She straightened up and stood with her hands still clasped together as she waited for the names of all of the group present.



Posted on 2023-02-20 at 15:57:35.

Jim
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 1/0
111 Posts


Is it just us then?

Uthal looked around and then down at the little human. "Well, my musical friend. It looks like it is just us!" he says to D'harum.

OOC: Who's coming?



Posted on 2023-02-24 at 19:25:24.
Edited on 2023-02-24 at 19:26:05 by Jim

Jim
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 1/0
111 Posts


Was it a dream?

Uthal looked to Soledad, Thäoran, Gerdar and Fenris (OOC: I think that is the adventuring party. Anyone I missed?), wondering if they too would greet the Monk. It seemed clear to him that, as he only had limited healing ability, someone with such a skill could be an asset to this group. And D'Harum looked as though she could handle herself. He was sure we had discussed a plan to take on the bandits in the Barren Woods in the hope of earning some coin. Perhaps he had just dreamt it. Now he was not sure. 



Posted on 2023-03-03 at 22:20:33.
Edited on 2023-03-04 at 15:46:43 by Jim

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1427 Posts


This needs to move forward...

The ragtag band of companions had shifted significantly since their initial journey to Botkinburg, such was the way with those who made their life on the road. Now it seemed another would be joining their number. Soledad found herself quite intrigued by the human monk D'Harum. Their path was often a dangerous one and any with a talent for healing would be welcome among their number. In truth, the monk was no more a stranger to her than the others. Threads of chaos had brought their lives together in sudden bursts, time would tell if circumstance became trust. Introductions amongst the group had been brief, and the witch noted D'Harum's watchful perception. While Soledad was not overly fond of humans, she had to admit that the monk demonstrated some sign of intelligence, a quality that was severely lacking in most they encountered.

The time had come for the group to begin their journey to the Barren Woods...



Posted on 2023-03-04 at 08:58:19.

Altaira
Resident
Karma: 24/0
404 Posts


Moving forward

(OOC: assuming all present introduce themselves)

She inclined her head to each in turn and then spoke to the entire group.  “So does your group have a purpose?”, D’Harum asked, “Or maybe you are all on some journey towards a worthy goal?”  

This group seemed very diverse and she didn’t sense any evil among them, even if she didn’t feel any overall good either. But one didn’t need to be purely good to do good deeds.   She didn’t know what it was, but she felt something drawing her to this place, and perhaps it was to meet this group and join them, if their quest was worthy.  She would decide to join them or not, once she learned what they were intent on doing when they left here. 

(OOC: okay, giving an opening for someone to tell D’Harum what they wer going to do next, which will decide if she joins them.)



Posted on 2023-03-04 at 14:03:18.

WhomstHasSummonedTom
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 3/0
172 Posts




"Well personally I'm here to eradicate the evil that has fallen upon these lands. You see, my clan used to live nearby and my grandpa had to run when he was but a wee lad, and we would like to return so I came here to make that possible."

The dwarf stroke his gilded beard, then smirked as he continued: "Though right now I just tag along with these fine people and take a look at what's inside the numerous things that try to kill them - so far mostly goblins, a lot of them wee cowards."



Posted on 2023-03-05 at 09:38:35.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 181/119
6817 Posts


A long overdo post

As he sat at the table with the rest of the party he now found himself with, he still felt the outsider. He had not started out with this group but had been rescued by them and as such he felt the odd man out. With no one and nowhere to go for the moment Fenris had already decided that he would remain with this group for the present and see what adventure they would find. When his turn came, he to introduced himself to the new monk.

“Hello my name is Fenris Kaine, happy to meet you” Standing he offers his hand and after a strong shake returned to his seat. With really, for the moment with nothing to say, he'd await the party's next destination.



Posted on 2023-03-05 at 21:38:15.

Altaira
Resident
Karma: 24/0
404 Posts


The final decision

"Well personally I'm here to eradicate the evil that has fallen upon these lands. You see, my clan used to live nearby and my grandpa had to run when he was but a wee lad, and we would like to return so I came here to make that possible."

The dwarf stroke his gilded beard, then smirked as he continued: "Though right now I just tag along with these fine people and take a look at what's inside the numerous things that try to kill them - so far mostly goblins, a lot of them wee cowards."

The monk turned to look at the Dwarf, who seemed to have a more sunny disposition than most of his kin that she had met in the past.  She nodded to his words, acknowledging that slaying evil was a worthy cause indeed.

“Well spoken, Dwarf,” she replied.

“Hello my name is Fenris Kaine, happy to meet you” Standing he offers his hand and after a strong shake returned to his seat. With really, for the moment with nothing to say, he'd await the party's next destination.

D’Harum clasped the man’s hand, with a strong calloused hand that reveled the strength in small woman’s grasp.

“A pleasure to meet you, Fenris Kaine,” she responded.  She glanced at Uthal as she released the man hand, and then continued as she turned her gaze back to the rest of the group.  

“So Uthal says you might be upon a worthy and just quest,” she said with a faint smile, “one that I might join you and lend my assistance, if that is indeed true.  So, what is your quest?”



Posted on 2023-03-06 at 18:57:16.

dragon-soul92
RDI Fixture
Karma: 16/1
884 Posts


A Potential Ally?

Thäoran's emerald eyes narrowed slightly as he glnced at the monk. She seemed friendly, but often the most fiendish souls hid behind masks of deciet, manipulating others into believing they were allies, only to then turn on them at the last moment. Would it be with this human? He reluctantly decided to give her a chance but he would be weary of her until he was reassured that she was trustworthy.

'I am Thäoran,' he introduced himself quietly. 'I hail from the elven forest in the east (OOC: Nomad, if this isn't where the forest is, tell me and I'll edit it. I'm just making it up)). I am travelling with my companions to help them eradicate the evil that lurks in these lands.' He refrained from divulging anymore of his quest as of yet. After a pause, he added 'a pleasure,' and gave a curt nod reminiscent of a bird dipping its head.


Posted on 2023-03-08 at 08:36:48.

dragon-soul92
RDI Fixture
Karma: 16/1
884 Posts


Quick Reply To Jim/Uthal

Thäoran smiled warmly and gratefully to Uthal as he proffered his coin.
'I really appreciate you offering me your gold, my friend, but you should save it for yourself. We don't know what hardships lie ahead of us and you may find yourself needing to purchase your own supplies. Again, I thank you. You have proven to be a good friend.


Posted on 2023-03-08 at 12:03:13.

Jim
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 1/0
111 Posts


The more the merrier!

Uthal nods at Thäoran, "I have little use for gold, my friend! It is here should you need it." As a reclused, nomadic, outlander, he is gifted with good survival skills in the wilderness.

Uthal was glad to be travelling with these folk, and he would welcome the addition of the healer, D’Harum to the group.

He listens intently while Thäoran explains his plan.



Posted on 2023-03-12 at 06:49:32.
Edited on 2023-03-12 at 06:51:49 by Jim

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.




Page loaded in 0.101972 seconds