Ok, so Cametoplay has arrived to join the group. As you consider the post please feel free to plan ahead so that the interogation doesn't take forever. A few thoughts:
1. There isn't much more that you are going to get from the goblins. If there is a specific question you want to ask, go ahead,there may be some tidbit you can get. But in general I've done the various roles and they won't offer up much more.
2. They won't have anything to add about the other group the Dragonborn saw either. Somewhere near the top of the ridge the goblin group split in two - one group headed North into the brush and the other down the road - this is the group you killed. I'm just trying to avoid more delay.
3. So as you consider your next post, you might want to include:
A. An intro to the new players
B. Any last questions for goblins
C. What you are going to do with the goblins
D. What you want to do after you are done with the goblins. This will allow us to move on.
Feel free to discuss option here in the Q&A or in messages. Plan as a group so that we can keep things moving. FYI - it is still the middle of the night and about to start raining.
Nomad did you see my post yet please let me know if i am taking to much for granted i not entirely sure yet as to how these bonus actions and actions work espeicaly when not in actual combat but besides that i am ready vto disclose self as soon as they decide the goblins fate.
You post saying what you want to do. (Say, creep up closer to hear better.)
In my post I then tell you what happened. (Nobody seems to notice, Hornet is on watch and notices, a giant appears and attacks, whatever.)
If you need more information in order to post always feel free to ask - either in a PM or in the Q&A section. Doing what you did - posting with and "Assuming this is possible" in parenthesis is also possible. Just be clear about what you want to do if, say, there are no good hiding spots available.
In this case - this is a rugged ridge line with a road going up it in switchbacks. The road itself and a few feet on either side are clear and easy to see. If a cat tried to cross the road they would be very likely to be seen. But once off the road the terrain is very rough - there are many verticle areas, trees, rocks, bushes and weeds. In general it is rough terrain for travel and easy to hide in. So . . . for a cat - you would fully expect to be able to hide and probably get within 10' of people given your size and natural cat-like stealthiness. You might be able to get within 3' if you wanted to risk it, but that would obviously carry much greater risk of discovery. Also, it depends on what actions others (PC or NPC) specifically take. If nobody mentions keeping an eye out, the odds of being seen are very low - it is essentially a passive perception check but you have many factors working to your advantage In this case it is worth noting that Hornet specifically said he was keeping an eye out for anything. So he is actively watching. Given the terrain and the cat you still are pretty likely to be able to move closer. But I would give Hornet a reasonable roll - that is what being on guard is all about.
And one last thing - In some cases it might be helpful to know the outcome of an action right away. Feel free to tell me (PM or Q&A post) "I want to do this - can I know the outcome before I post so that I can include it?" There will be times when the answer is no, but many times it will just speed things along to be able to do this. Just ask.
It was a good post - the sooner we get everyone popping up and decidng what to do with the snide little green-blooded goblins the quicker we can move on.
Question before I post, Nomad. In many fantasy tales I've read, elves have a special connection to dragons. Is this the case with the dragonborn of Blacktooth? Do they have any special affinity with the elves?
Good posts from many of you. The conversation is interesting. Two quick notes:
1. I won't do persuasion and insight rolls against another PC. That player, not my dice rolls, will determine if they are persuaded or not. Likwise, I can't determine what their motivation is - only the player can. So on interparty interactions you just need to play it out. The retainers function as NPCs, so there are some rolls possible there, but for inter-party issues I will likely let Constantine run them.
2. I need a plan from you. The conversation is nice, but there is nothing for me to work with. Right now I have you going back to the hut for shelter. Ok. No problem. That works. That and one line about a steady but moderate rain starting makes about a two-sentence post. Please chat in the Q&A thread. There is no reason the group can't plan together. PM each other if it helps. Should I have you continuing up the ridge in the morning? Feel free to put multiple steps into one post - your conversation, plans for the rest of the night and plan in the morning. If only one person posts a plan, well, I guess that is it. Otherwise, who knows, maybe I'll just have everyone decide to go skinny dipping in the river.
Squires, footmen, cooks, and other non combatants.
I run the retainers. I will sort of let him man them at times, but if anything happens it is my call. Also, in general they will not be involved in campaigning - but will sit back in the village. They might have a role there, but not in the dungeon. In fact, they are heading there as soon as the party moves on. (Accompanied, conveniently, by any party members not sticking with the game.) I was going to let Konstantin announce that, but wanted to make sure that you didn't think he was running around with a little private army. So those thinking that this was a bit dangerous for a young squire - you were right.
Sorry all for the confusion. @Nomad, gotcha on the rolls. Applogies for that.
I introduced the NPCs with Constantine without consenting Nomad so that'a a bad player move on my part. I'm not in control of them normally, so I won't be writing for them going forth. I can edit my post to clear that ul if you'd like, Nomad.
Hi everyone I've decided to drop Steel as with Mischief leaving the game, the interaction her and I had planned, is no longer there. I'll be honest, without that interaction, I'm just not into him and such my lack of posting in the game the last few months. Hell again honestly I'm really surprised Nomad did not drop me like I did to so many other players in Trilogy after this long without posting.
However a bright spot, or well at least a candle glow, I'm going to instead take over Silver and run her from this point forward. After I get a reply to my PM to Nomad I'll have a post out for her.
Welcome to CTP and Dragonmist to the game I should be up and running shortly.