The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4063 registered users. Our newest member is Hammeyaneggs.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Return to Charadun - Q&A (posted by Odyson)Return to Charadun - Q&A
Gaming surveys - What game do you own the most books for... (posted by Eol Fefalas)What game do you own the
Posting Games - The Morphing Game (posted by Chessicfayth)The Morphing Game
Posting Games - The One Word Game (posted by TannTalas)The One Word Game
Recruitment Threads - Return to Charadun - Recruitment (posted by Eol Fefalas)Return to Charadun - Recr
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 4 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Blacktooth Ridge Q&A
Parent thread: Blacktooth Ridge
    Messages in Blacktooth Ridge Q&A
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

dragon-soul92
RDI Fixture
Karma: 16/1
884 Posts


@Keeper

Aw, cheers, mate!

I'm ejoying adventuring with you, too lol.


Posted on 2021-11-13 at 10:08:11.

dragon-soul92
RDI Fixture
Karma: 16/1
884 Posts


@Nomad

That's good to hear, thanks.

We don't know if Thäoran's dad is actually dead yet lol.
Btw, is that up to you, or me to decide?


Posted on 2021-11-13 at 10:10:15.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 55/6
3140 Posts


Whose decision?

Ultimately it is my call.  But I would take your desires into account onsomething like that as long as it fit with the broader story.  

Lets get some posts up folks!



Posted on 2021-11-13 at 12:14:54.

WhomstHasSummonedTom
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 3/0
172 Posts


Retreating makes sense here

Yeah Gerdar has come to slay but he's not a complete dumdum. A tactical retreat is basically combat 101.



Posted on 2021-11-14 at 15:52:02.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 59/18
2581 Posts




Good call by the dwarf.  We had bravado going in as well.  Might be time to rethink strategy if we live.  



Posted on 2021-11-15 at 06:08:10.

dragon-soul92
RDI Fixture
Karma: 16/1
884 Posts




Nomad:

Might sound clichéd, but maybe Thäoran's father is still alive, but he's been corrupted by dark magic and Thäoran has to fight him?

Yeah, sounds a bit lame, I know haha.


Posted on 2021-11-15 at 09:06:26.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 55/6
3140 Posts


Bravado vs. caution

Some times bravado works and other times it turns out you tried to bluff your way through an entire garrison.  

As for Thaoran's father, it is all possible.  We will see what comes of it all.  But first we need a few more posts so we can keep moving again.  I'll try to post regardless tomorrow since I know Tann is a bit overwhelmed right now and Dok is, well, silently praying.



Posted on 2021-11-15 at 20:53:47.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 55/6
3140 Posts


Roughly right

Dragon Soul - You have the distances right.  You, Hornet and Dok are 10' from the river-sde end of the gulley.  But the downhill slope of a gulley doesn't typically have a wall across it.  It is an open wash that has eroded.  Across the bottom of this one is a very dense wall of vegetation.  There is a door like opening in it that leads out towards the river.  So it is a wall of vegetation, not stone.  

But it really doesn't change your post.  Technically someone could come through the wall but it would be very slow going.  Shooting through it is not really possible.  Someone could try and shoot up and over, but it would be a hard shot.

Also - if you are moving 30' per turn you will reach the rivers edge this turn if nothing else interferes.  Or, if two of you are jointly hauling Dok you can move 45' and could get 15' out into the river.  



Posted on 2021-11-17 at 18:11:02.

dragon-soul92
RDI Fixture
Karma: 16/1
884 Posts




I think going through the wall of vegetation seems like the safer option. At least then, we can use the bushes for cover to hide from archers. Standing in the river would leave us totally open and exposed with no cover.

What say you, Keeper?


Posted on 2021-11-18 at 07:07:40.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 59/18
2581 Posts




We can go through the opening and see what the monsters do.  Might have to keep moving if they follow.  



Posted on 2021-11-18 at 15:01:51.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 55/6
3140 Posts


hmmm

I was about to post - am I reading this right that you want to go through the opening in the wall of vegetation and shelter on the far side, but NOT go all the way to the river?  I just want to check as the post doesn't really say and i would have assumed you kept going as "cross the river" had been said a few times.



Posted on 2021-11-18 at 18:09:01.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 59/18
2581 Posts




Hornet or Thoaran could try a medicine check to stabilize Dok and keep him from dying.  Hornet has a +1 to his medicine check, what about Thoaran?  Whover has higher can do the check witht the other one helping to increase the odds of it working.  



Posted on 2021-11-19 at 05:39:28.

dragon-soul92
RDI Fixture
Karma: 16/1
884 Posts


@Keeper

Don't know what my med check is...Nomad?
But if mine is higher, I'll roll (well, technically Nomad will lol).

If we can perform a med check and move in the same turn, I still vote for going into the bushes and into the camp beyond as we're low on hp and we really need that long rest in order to heal.

*Edit: Ah, I see Nomad's already done his DM post for the week. Now I'm unsure if I should drag Dok further towards the camp, or drop him for a while and help Gerdar fight our enemies.
I'll leave it up to Keeper, seeing as he's the one assisting me.


Posted on 2021-11-19 at 15:35:17.
Edited on 2021-11-19 at 15:47:27 by dragon-soul92

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 59/18
2581 Posts




I'll do a medicine check and you help hold off the hoard.  



Posted on 2021-11-19 at 16:11:27.

WhomstHasSummonedTom
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 3/0
172 Posts


Stupid question?

Ok so Shield of Faith has range of 60 feet, but is it possible to target self with it? The spell doesn't say anything about such possibility.



Posted on 2021-11-21 at 15:26:12.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.




Page loaded in 0.117112 seconds