The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4063 registered users. Our newest member is Hammeyaneggs.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Gaming surveys - What game do you own the most books for... (posted by CyrDraconis)What game do you own the
Q&A Threads - Return to Charadun - Q&A (posted by Chessicfayth)Return to Charadun - Q&A
Posting Games - The Morphing Game (posted by Chessicfayth)The Morphing Game
Posting Games - The One Word Game (posted by TannTalas)The One Word Game
Recruitment Threads - Return to Charadun - Recruitment (posted by Eol Fefalas)Return to Charadun - Recr
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 4 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Blacktooth Ridge Q&A
Parent thread: Blacktooth Ridge
    Messages in Blacktooth Ridge Q&A
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Mens
Price: $14.00

dragon-soul92
RDI Fixture
Karma: 16/1
884 Posts




Hope you can rejoin us in the future, Mischief!

So who agrees with checking out the buildings?


Posted on 2020-08-10 at 07:47:49.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 55/6
3140 Posts


A little less Mischief

Mischief - that is a bummer.  You will be missed and are welcome back whenever life allows.  Best of luck with your daughters educations - as a teacher I'm getting this experience from the other end.  Time to figure out what "hybrid" means for my life.



Posted on 2020-08-10 at 17:26:53.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1427 Posts


The Joys of teaching

Sad to see you go, Mischief. Hope you can rejoin us soon.

Academia is a mess right now, and I've got to focus on that. I will try to post, but I may only be able to add to the Q&A until the semester starts. Recreating all curriculum is super fun...

for this action, Soledad should cast alarm. I also agree that we should check the building. Going to try and get a post up in the next few days, but don't wait on me. Here, albeit in limited capacity for the time being.



Posted on 2020-08-10 at 23:22:11.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 181/119
6817 Posts


@Keeper

Keeper you still in the game? Have yet to see a post from ya old man



Posted on 2020-08-11 at 02:31:41.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 55/6
3140 Posts


Need posts

8 days since last post.  Only 3 players have posted.  Need some commentary.  It is too early to need a role-call, isn't it?  I want to make a post in the next day or so.



Posted on 2020-08-13 at 20:50:41.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
2025 Posts




Sorry, was at a work conference the last 5 days. Thought I'd have more time to post.

Is Tann right in his assumption that we can make it to the first of the houses prior to the sun setting? If yes, then Ewyn is all for staying at the first building.

If not, then I propose we just set up camp near the bridge and wait for morning. Ewyn's mule doesn't see well in the dark... and do the Warforged have darkvision?

It may be time to do that roll call, though.

Peace,

Ayrn



Posted on 2020-08-14 at 19:20:37.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 55/6
3140 Posts


Huts

You can make it to the first building by the time it gets dark.  But you couldn't get all the way up the ridge. 

Also, Keeper is still in, I believe. 

I'll update on Saturday, assuming the site works on the weekend, which it frequently doesn't.



Posted on 2020-08-14 at 23:24:40.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 59/18
2581 Posts




Sorry all, I completely missed the start of the game.  Quick post to get caught up,



Posted on 2020-08-15 at 13:11:30.

dragon-soul92
RDI Fixture
Karma: 16/1
884 Posts


Friend or Foe?

We don't know what this group travelling down the road consists of. A group of friendly travellers, or maybe even travelling bards and minstrels (they were singing, after all). Or, on a more sinister note, they could be dark soldiers, remnants of the Horned One's army. So we need to proceed cautiously.
I propose we stick together-safety in numbers-and let them approach, trying to stay on the smoothest ground we can find (Nomad said that the ground was strewn with rocks, bushes and slopes and it gets worse further on). So stay near the building.

To answer your question, Nomad, Thaƶran is near the entrance to the building, practically in the opening. Being an elf, he doesn't do well inside stone structures like dwarves and humans do. He prefers being outside with nature.


Posted on 2020-08-16 at 16:44:26.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 59/18
2581 Posts




Hornet could slip behind some of the rocks and provide arrow cover if the group wants it.



Posted on 2020-08-16 at 20:18:43.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
2025 Posts




Can Ewyn tuck the mule and cart off the road, beside the hut, out of view of the oncoming traffic? If yes, then that is where Ewyn would have tied up the mule.

If not, then Ewyn would have detached the cart from the mule as close to the hut as possible and tied up the mule to the cart.

I'm going to post shortly.

Peace,

Ayrn



Posted on 2020-08-20 at 12:48:53.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 55/6
3140 Posts


Two down

Needing some posts.

The mule and cart could be tucked behind the hut.  It would likely stop anyone from noticing if all they do is walk by on the road.  But if they take even a couple steps off the road, it would be visible.  Putting the cart behind the building and the mule inside makes it less likely it will be seen in this way.  However, the inside of the building is not very large and everyone would need to hide in the front corner if they didn't want to be seen from the open doorway.  (Remember, no door.)  This gets harder with a mule.  Either is possible, neither is ideal.



Posted on 2020-08-22 at 12:31:56.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1427 Posts


Illusion Time

Soledad is going to Mage Armor herself. My thinking is to use a silent image to hide us, the cart, and the mule. If all are good with this method, then I will post this action. 



Posted on 2020-08-23 at 11:39:31.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 55/6
3140 Posts


Distance

If you are going to launch an attack on the goblins, please let me know at what distance you want to do so.  The are currently 120 YARDS away.  They will approach to within 10' of the building.  Assuming they don't notice you before hand or do something unexpected, when do you shoot?



Posted on 2020-08-25 at 17:57:16.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 59/18
2581 Posts




I believe max range on my crossbow is 320 ft.  So to get maximum number of shots before they can close to melee range but still have a good chance to hit them lets go with 200 ft for first shot.



Posted on 2020-08-26 at 05:16:23.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.




Page loaded in 0.087387 seconds