The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4040 registered users. Our newest member is WhomstHasSummonedTom.
Online members: Nomad D2
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by dragon-soul92)Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Blacktooth Ridge Q&A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Blacktooth Ridge Q&A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Nomad D2)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Posting Games - Most people logged in (posted by dragon-soul92)Most people logged in
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Game
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Cyberpunk --> Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
Parent thread: Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
GM for this game: Bromern Sal
Players for this game: TannTalas, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Hammer, Mischief, Espatier, dragon-soul92, CameToPlay
    Messages in Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 158/11
4402 Posts




Blossom is out the door, heading down the walk with the misty sea air sprinkling her face when Ghlahn catches up to her and stalls her dramatic exit with his request. Before he's even done, Echo is there as well. Her passionate request is heard while the three stand in the gray light of the Southern California morning. Sometime during the nomad's plea, a message is received on the netrunner's agent. She does Echo the courtesy of ignoring the message until there's a pause in the conversation. Due to her connection with the digital world, Fixer's message is absorbed more than read, and suddenly the pretty little Asian woman finds herself in a pickle. 

Exasperated, she sighs and allows her shoulders to sag. "You're right. You're all right.

"Fine, then. I'll stick it out a bit longer. But if the sh*t starts flying between those two again, I'm out for good. You hear me? No discussion. The first wrong look between each other and I'm makin' like a tree. Oh, and I'm not going back in there. We've drawn plenty of attention to ourselves as it is.

"I'll be in the van. Why don't you two go collect everyone and we'll find someplace a little less tainted to work this sh*t out."

That said, she spins about on her thick boot heel, her platinum blonde hair spinning weakly about her shoulders and sticking to her coat in places. She's a little dragon mama speed walking to their ride.



Posted on 2020-07-07 at 15:31:30.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 58/18
2464 Posts




"I got this, meet you at the van."  Ghalan turned and walked back into the bar and over to the table where the rest of the group were gathered.  "Blossum is in the van, grab your gear and lets go.  We'll figure out where we are going once we leave.  No more bickering, no more fighting; start acting like professionals.  If you aren't there in three minutes we leave without you."  Not waiting for discussion Ghalan turned and left, headed ot the van. 

Back at the van he asked Blossum, "Did you ever get a solid ID on that sec team I had a run in with?  Maybe we can find another group that hates them enough to help us eliminate them." 



Posted on 2020-07-07 at 20:07:18.

CameToPlay
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 19/2
193 Posts




Bloodbank downed one last shot, tipped his head at the bartender as he paid, and left the bar after Ghlahn's command. Settled in the car, he gave Blossom a half-smile. "Glad to see you're sticking around after all."



Posted on 2020-07-16 at 10:54:19.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6737 Posts


Hmmm why are the words so small?

As Casino looked up he was surprised to actually see Charlie looking at him listening, and not punching letters or numbers on his Agent. As the Fixer replied the big Solo sat quietly giving Charlie a chance to speak without Casino screaming at him.

Actually, we kinda have a lot of unspoken code that us... “Fixer” deal with. You see, If I want to eat as well as I do, I will continue to work for starlight, I’ll take any and everything that she gives me, because I'm hungry. She isn’t stupid thou. She keeps me at bay, she dislikes that I know some... Some of her contacts, because that is our bread and butter. So my work here is actually just getting started. I’m not planning on going anywhere, but what I do need from you is to take a break, your stressed, overworked, let me take the reins for a bit, I will ask for your endorsement, in return, I’ll help you find out IF he is alive and then we can go from that point.

Charlie sat up for a second. “You said “Blood Boss” aka Theresa Davis, the club owner right?”

Club owner, no, she’s a fixer like you, why do you know her?” Before Casino’s mind could go into high gear on what this could mean, Ghlahn returned into the bar.

"Blossom is in the van, grab your gear and lets go. We'll figure out where we are going once we leave. No more bickering, no more fighting; start acting like professionals. If you aren't there in three minutes we leave without you."

Not waiting for discussion Ghalan turned and left. From the cyborgs words it was clear that together he and Echo must have talked the netrunner into staying with the group. Grabbing his gear, he followed Bloodbank out the door to the van. Whatever the connection between Charlie and Theresa now was not the time to bring it up. Seeing Echo waiting for me he moved to her side.

Thank you we needed her, and I know you two are not friendly as tribes, but we needed Ghlahn also. I don’t know what the two of you said to her but somehow you kept here to help so I need to keep my fat mouth shut.~ Leaning the big Solo kissed the deadly Nomad deeply. At this point Casino knew that most, if not all of the rest of the group, knew something was happening between them. As they both got once more in the Van, her as driver(ASSUMING) and he again right behind her, he settled into the seat quietly…..



Posted on 2020-07-17 at 00:14:37.

Mischief
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 7/1
114 Posts




“Look both of them are acting like kids in a sand box fighting over the alpha spot, of that there is no doubt. However Blossom do you really want to walk away? No matter what, there is strength in numbers, even if the numbers are against us and some of those numbers are acting like naked monkey’s”

“Your right... Your all right. Fine, then. I’ll stick it out a bit longer. But if the s*** starts flying again between those two again, I’m out for good. You hear me no discussion. The first wrong look between each other and I’m makin’ like a tree. Oh and I’m not going back in there. We’ve drawn plenty of attention to ourselves as it is. I’ll be in the van. Why don’t you two go collect everyone and we’ll fond someplace a little less tainted to work this s*** out.”

As Blossom turned to go, Echo reached out.

“Thank you, I owe you, after this is over if you need a favor I’ll be there”

Letting the net tech move to the van she turned to go back into the bar only to see Ghlahn had already done so. Within only minutes he came out followed by the rest. As she watched Casino move towards her she could see how tired he really looked.

“Thank you, we really needed her and I know you two are not friendly tribe wise but we needed Ghlahn also. I don’t know what the two of you said to her but somehow you kept her here to help so I need to keep my fat mouth shut.” Then the big solo leaned in to kiss her, catching her by surprise, yet she found herself melting into the deep but brief kiss.

Then not saying a word both moved towards the van, Echo once more in the driver’s seat. Turning to Charlie next to her.

“Okay where to now?”



Posted on 2020-07-18 at 23:14:34.

Espatier
Resident
Karma: 7/0
287 Posts


To the bat cave!

Charlie exited with the rest of the crew and got in the van and continued the conversation with Casino. " I don't know of her but being a club owner would concern me, they have "juice"... just like the suits, they have credit and can make lives even more miserable than what we call life now, The name is weird, its too common that is another thing that would worry me as well. I don't if its her real name just like all of us don't use our real names either".

Charlie answered Echo... head downtown then make your way to Japantown, from that point, I'll guide you when we get closer.

"Okay people, its a small place that we are going to share but it's all that I got... for now" Charlie explains to the group. " Rules are simple, so I ask that everyone abide by them or sleep outside". 

" Like a have said before we need to really start working together or die alone... that is the reality of it". Charlie explained to the group " so without direction, I feel, and this is only a "feeling" that we can't succeed as a group, so... anyone interested at taking the helm of this group besides myself?" He asked the group. 

" I feel and once again this is just my own personal feelings.... That I could provide an excellent conduit for this group, I can ensure that everyone gets paid because no one works for free and I understand this. But... Casino needs everyone's help and I'm willing to give it a shot. We don't know if Vegas is alive, I don't think anyone knows until we look more closely, agreed?"

 



Posted on 2020-07-20 at 00:16:49.
Edited on 2020-07-20 at 01:10:12 by Espatier

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 158/11
4402 Posts




Undercity, Waterside, The Marlin's Ghost X00000:2.Y00430:08.Z00000:00, South Night City Integrate | March 10th, Day 4 (Monday), 09:30 AM PST

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

“Head downtown. Then make your way to Japantown. From that point, I'll guide you when we get closer.” Charlie answers Echo before moving into further instructions. “"Okay people, it's a small place that we are going to share but it's all that I got... for now. Rules are simple, so I ask that everyone abide by them or sleep outside. 

"Like I have said before we need to really start working together or die alone... that is the reality of it. So, without direction, I feel—and this is only a feeling—that we can't succeed as a group. So... anyone interested in taking the helm of this group besides myself?" The fixer turns about in his seat to receive the quiet gazes of the team. "I feel—and once again this is just my own personal feelings—that I could provide an excellent conduit for this group. I can ensure that everyone gets paid because no one works for free and I understand this. But... Casino needs everyone's help and I'm willing to give it a shot. We don't know if Vegas is alive. I don't think anyone knows until we look more closely, agreed?"

The conversation continues as the rented vehicle is driven through the coastal gusts, winding streets, and interchanges. The longer the drive, the more cohesive the team actually begins to feel… except for one. Bloodbank is very quiet. Not that anyone notices, each one involved in listening to the problem of finding out Vegas’ fate or offering up their own opinions. At one point, Charlie receives a notice from his agent that Hui Yin is calling. Excusing himself from the conversation, he answers. 

“Where you been? It ah-ready time to class an’ Miss Mo Yimu is no happy.” The Asian woman doesn’t sound all that happy herself. 

Charlie works things out with Hui Yin for now, letting her know that he’s bringing a group of people home with him. She is none too happy about this but also shares Mo Yimu’s agent number with the fixer so he can deal with that end of things himself.

“I no go to fight with dragon. You do it!”

Mo Yimu is very easy to reach. The agent doesn’t really even get the chance to ring through before she’s answered and is laying into Charlie in Chinese. It is like going to battle with a dragon. Dodging, ducking, barely getting out of the way of getting crushed… the woman is definitely a powerhouse. 

First, Cred Stick Charlie has to work through the fact that he’s bringing more people into the burrow. That takes some negotiating and the fixer almost loses the deal altogether but is able to save it at the last moment by giving up the free food and increasing the number of students he’ll teach to twenty. As bad as that deal tastes to him, the fixer has managed to land the team a roof over their heads in a quiet community for the time being, and just in time too. Moments after he ends the call with Mo Yimu, he has to start giving Echo directions to his place.

The Chinese stop the van at the entrance to their burrow but once they contact Mo Yimu everything is cleared up and the group is directed towards the underground parking. While the van can’t be parked next to Charlie’s truck, they do pass it on the way in and to his surprise, the vehicle appears to have tires in place… not new tires, but definitely with some good mileage left on them. Further investigation, and with the help of Fixer, Charlie discovers that Mo Yimu has already upheld her end of the bargain concerning his truck and replaced the transmission, repaired the power steering, and provided the tires. The truck is operational. Not restored to its original glory, but operational.

The way up to the apartment is filled with wary Chinese who watch the group as though they are plague ridden. Once at Charlie’s apartment, it is a relief to be inside with the doors closed and no one watching. At least, no one by the pretty little Chinese woman Charlie introduces as his assistant, Hui Yin. She looks very disapproving of the lot of you, speaking in Chinese before answering simply in English whenever spoken to. 

The time is 10:20 AM PST when a muffled ringtone screams from Casino’s jacket pocket, startling him and those around him. Fumbling the device free from the silky lining, Casino stares at the agent in disbelief. It is one of the agents he took off of the dead bodyguards for Mr. Thomas Akagi and someone with the moniker of Boss is calling.

“Well,” Blossom rolls the lollipop around in her mouth. “Answer it, Choombatta.”

The conversation is brief. Very brief. 

“Hello?”

“Who is this?”

“The guy who saved Mr. Akagi’s life at the hospital. Who is this?”

Hushed indiscernible whispers on the other end followed by: “This is Vin Akagi. If what you say is true, I’d like to meet with you to thank you in person for the gift of my father’s life. I’ll send that agent the location and time.”

Then the line goes dead. 

This, of course, leads to further discussion amongst the group and while the introduction of another power player into things brings mixed emotions, one thing does stand out. Time is very short if there’s any chance of Vegas being alive at all and the group rescuing him.

Already very late for his morning class, Charlie and Hui Yin excuse themselves and are heard a ways down the hall while Hui Yin continues to express her opinion of her boss’s tardiness. Having explained that he’ll be gone until 3:00 PM (15:00 hours) because of this prior commitment, he suggests that everyone take advantage of the shower and get some rest. Although, he can’t resist letting them know that any messes left around would be their responsibility to clean up.

Sleep is welcome for those who need it, Ghlahn and Echo both not being part of that group. One due to being a cyborg and the other due to Nomad cybertechnology. Food is sparse and Charlie had said that everyone was on their own as far as their kibble goes.

Just as promised, Casino receives a message on the agent detailing a meet location and time. 19:00 hours (7:00 PM) at the The Eastern Courtyard, High City, Night City Integrate. A little research reveals The Eastern Courtyard to be a very high-end Japanese restaurant with a strict dress code and—according to the theories Blossom is able to dig up—a Yakuza front. A brief exchange of messages allows Casino to bring two others with him. Their names will be on the guest list at the door.

At 13:00 hours, or 1:00 PM, agents are alerted that Starlight has delivered payment. Two thousand credits richer. Casino has been playing it off the grid even more so than Echo. His message states that his payment has been delivered to Charlie to pay the solo direct and,”Our condolences about your partner. His share is yours.” Six thousand credits given to Charlie with four of them going to Casino in cash… unless Casino wants Charlie to put it on a temp cred chip for him, or wishes to open a bank account.

At 14:20, or 2:20 PM, Charlie’s phone is pipped but he’s still in class so he mentally orders his agent to sideline the message unless it is from someone he knows that’s important. The message is sidelined. So does another message, and another, and another… by the time he is through with the class, he has a lot of catching up to do.

Message 1: “Charlie… this is Vegas. I need a way out and a pick up.” Sure enough, it’s Vegas’s agent number… the question is whether it is Vegas or the people who took him. 

Message 2: “Hey, jefe, got those shoes. Where you want them at?” This message is from Hound.

Message 3: “U still want me to pick U up some shoes, patron?” This message from Feathers. 

Message 4: “Head anything about try-outs?” Kelsey Dawn is asking after the Battle of the Bands Charlie had promised the Lightning Rascals.

Message 5: “We still have a deal on that Gearlogix 24B290 Thermal Printer with a Hologenics Modular Printbox attachment?” This message is from Blackbird2500.

Then… just as he’s about to get busy with his replies, he receives another message from Starlight. “Jack really wants you to take care of that problem with the Tong. Here’s a contact number…” followed by an agent number.

Back at the apartment, everyone is settling on a nice portion of Chinese Take Out courtesy of Blossom and discussing the path ahead when Charlie arrives with Hui Yin. 

(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 03:20 PM PST - Mid-City, Edgerunner Enclave (China Town), Charlie’s Apartment X00050:2.Y00310:08.Z00410:15, South Night City Integrate.)



Posted on 2020-07-20 at 20:03:05.

Espatier
Resident
Karma: 7/0
287 Posts


A house of cards is blown down by the dragon lady

March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 03:20 PM PST - Mid-City, Edgerunner Enclave (China Town), Charlie’s Apartment X00050:2.Y00310:08.Z00410:15, South Night City Integrate

The dragon lady has struck and caught charlie off guard during the phone call, she laid down the law with him, and Charlie didn’t have a leg to stand on, for it was him “losing face” as a foreigner in this community that took a chance on him. Charlie was late, that was bad enough, but to appease the dragon, she was going to make charlie pulled his weight this time and with more students!. Charlie originally has a sweet deal but since the time constraint modified his contract, Dragon lady  ( Mo Yimu ) had the upper hand right now. Bad enough that he took the ass-chewing but it didn’t stop with her. Luther countered about the deal with his vehicle, she crushed him and told him to was worked on. 

 

True to her word, as the Chinese local militia stopped them at the underground parking lot, The group rang Mo Yimu after seeing the Mr. Charlie wasn’t alone but with a bunch of .... people. The Dragon lady approved the entry into the Chinese community. They all stopped at Luther’s vehicle. At first, Luther almost passed it, not because it was repainted, no. Because it looked better than before. “Sweet Christmas”. Mr. charlie hopped out and asked Fixer to look over the engine as Luther used his agent to open the door so that he could “manually” open the hood. 

 

Charlie started it up... “Wow, it starts now”. 

 

Charlie listens and spends a few moments asking questions and whatnot, then after parking in a visitor slot, gets the team upstairs to the scoldingly looks of Hui Yin. The conversation was short, as in very short. But they were all right, Charlie broke a promise and finished up the mission with the rest of the crew but at what price had he paid?. 

 

For Charlie, it looked that Casino got a good break with a phone call. Hearing only one side of the conversation, it still sounded good. 

 

“So... don’t keep us all in suspense?... who was it an what did they say?” Queried Charlie to Casino. 

After blossom gathers some info. Charlie will suggest that he buy some threads if he wants to make a good impression. 

“I have no idea whose with me tonight, all I know is I need a shower and someone to iron out my suit Charlie”

With Charlie off to his other duties, Casino’s suit taken off to be ironed, the big solo heads to the shower. Passing by Echo he gives her a look to join him if she wants……..

" either you get your girlfriend to assist you or take it to the cleaners" Charlie suggests before teaching his class of Chinese students. " 

Luther Washington - Fixer:Teach: 17 (first one, forgot mod, so I re-rolled or take the first one and add +3 please)

 

Mr. Charile comes into the classroom, bows and apologies for his “western” behavior, and asks for the class forgiveness.

“I am Mr. Charlie, I will be your teacher for English and basic studies in English to get you were your young minds wish to be. We will be covering all subjects: American History, American English and Slang ( he flashes an infectious smile to the students), math, science, and many other subjects as well. Now is everyone logged into my agent’s virtual classroom?. You all have had plenty of time for the first few chapters, yes?. GOOD... pop quiz. let’s see what you students know or not know first. Begin! You will have 17 minutes to answer the questions”.

 

Time passes, messages buzz in, Charlie sends to VMail, continues the farm the young minds and answer questions, those that he has trouble understanding, Hui Yin, explains and translates so the Mr. Charile can answer the students. 

 

As promised... more students filter in for a total of 20. Mr. Charile smiles and asks them to sit, makes a few login accounts and passwords, assigned reading, and other tasks. 

 

With class finally over, Mr. Charlie and Ms. Yin return to his apartment. Ms. Yin and charlie speak about class for a bit, then charlie Shows her out and bids her goodbye, for now, so that he can speak more freely. 

 

“Do I miss anything while I was away?” Charlie asks the room

 

** Personal inventory **

Charlie needs to deal with: 

 

  • Dealing with tong in the Chinese sector
  • Blackbird2500
  • Mysterious message from Vegas
  • contacts!
    • return hound and father's calls, get them working and selling my shoes.
    •  

 





Posted on 2020-07-20 at 23:14:14.
Edited on 2020-08-01 at 18:37:15 by Espatier

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 51/6
2730 Posts


A bar fight, a truck, some Chinese take-out and a plan

Fixer was glad to see Ghlan come back into the bar and even happier to hear his message - sharply delivered as it was.  It wasn't a hard choice to make. He grabbed what little was left of his meal, gave the two idiots a meaningful look and headed to the van.  He nodded at Blossom when he got there and simply said "thanks."  He then sat back in his chair and shut his eyes until they got closer to Charlie's place.  He needed the nap.

Charlie's truck was a bit of a surprise.  It was always nice to have your skills needed and it seemed there might actually be some movable wheels available.  The vehicle worked.  Someone had done the boy a favor.  Fixer couldn't help but wonder about the cost.

As the rest of the group sat around eating Chinese take-out and waiting for Charlie to finish his class Fixer considered their next move.  "I assume we are going to meet this Akagi guy.  There may be some payout availble - some information or even some help.  Unless we get some more info somewhere else, we need it, right?  Dangerous, but so is everything.  So, three go.  Casino is one.  Who else?"



Posted on 2020-07-21 at 16:51:44.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 58/18
2464 Posts




"Seems Casino should go as he is the one owed the favor. Charlie is our smooth talker so he might be able to keep things smooth and maybe get us the best deal. As for the third it depends on what we want to do. If you take Blossum she could have an easy time with any network info they have to offer.  If you want a show of strength then I can go. Either way is fine with me."



Posted on 2020-07-23 at 19:38:59.
Edited on 2020-07-27 at 12:06:42 by Keeper of Dragons

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6737 Posts


To get it started

Undercity:Waterside, The Marlin's GhostX00000:2.Y00430:08.Z00000:00, South Night City Integrate | March 10th, Day 4 (Monday), 09:30 AM PST
Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

Head downtown. Then make your way to Japantown. From that point, I'll guide you when we get closer. Okay people, it's a small place that we are going to share but it's all that I got... for now. Rules are simple, so I ask that everyone abide by them or sleep outside. Like I have said before we need to really start working together or die alone... that is the reality of it. So, without direction, I feel—and this is only a feeling—that we can't succeed as a group. So... anyone interested in taking the helm of this group besides myself?" The fixer turns about in his seat to receive the quiet gazes of the team. "I feel—and once again this is just my own personal feelings—that I could provide an excellent conduit for this group. I can ensure that everyone gets paid because no one works for free and I understand this. But... Casino needs everyone's help and I'm willing to give it a shot. We don't know if Vegas is alive. I don't think anyone knows until we look more closely, agreed?"

Without really saying anything Casino nodded his head in agreement with Charlie, desiring to just stay quiet and try to relax. The big solo was tired that was easy to see by everyone and his state of exhaustion could be the under laying reason for his lack of pro behavior since Vegas was taken. Closing his eyes he kept them closed until he heard Charlie arguing with someone in Chinese over his agent.

Finally as quick as it had started the words were over and Charlie had managed to land the team a roof over their heads in a quiet community for the time being. Giving Echo directions to his place she continues to move the van until she finds herself stopped at an entrance to a chinese barrow. Again in only a few moments of conversation on his agent and Charlie has them cleared to proceed.

Casino had to admit, though he’d more or less never say it out loud, that Charlie did know his way around people and did seem sincere in wanting to help them as a team and Casino had no reason to argue about any of it. Van parked in underground parking, the way up to the apartment Casino, could easily see was filled with wary Chinese. With the looks given the party as though they were plague ridden, Casino knew this place would not be the groups perm HQ.

Then they are at and inside Charlie’s apartment and Casino finds himself seated next to Echo, her head on his shoulder, her holding him up then he her. As had the rest of the Chinese to this point, Charlie’s intro’d assistant, Hui Yin was like the rest very disapproving and unhappy and all the big solo could think was a very nasty adverb in Chinese, that he would not bring forth. They were on Charlie’s terf and there was no need to start a war in the middle of it.

Finally relaxed, his armored duster off, grenade launcher leaning on the side of the coach, both pistols still in their holsters laying on the table before it and at the urging of Echo he lays back head resting on a pillow across Echo’s lap and goes to sleep. Only to be woken a few minutes later by the sound of an agent going off from inside his duster. Fumbling the device free from the silky lining, Casino stares at the agent in disbelief. It is one of the agents he took off of the dead bodyguards for Mr. Thomas Akagi and someone with the moniker of Boss is calling.

Well,” Blossom rolls the lollipop around in her mouth. “Answer it, Choombatta.”

The conversation is brief. Very brief. Hello?”

"Who is this?

The guy who saved Mr. Akagi’s life at the hospital. Who is this?”

Hushed indiscernible whispers on the other end followed by:

This is Vin Akagi. If what you say is true, I’d like to meet with you to thank you in person for the gift of my father’s life. I’ll send that agent the location and time.”

Then the line goes dead………………

For the moment Casino just sits there looking at the phone lost in surprise. Though it had been a long shot the agent owners calling him it had not been impossible. Casino had thought to use Blossom’s hacker skills to gain access and find out more about Thomas Akagi and then perhaps contact them first, not to be the one contacted first.

So... don’t keep us all in suspense?... who was it an what did they say?” Queried Charlie to Casino.

Seems it was Akagi’s son, Vin Akagi, he wants to meet today, said he’d send a time and place in a few moments”

Just as promised the agent still in Casino’s hand received a message detailing a meet location and time. 19:00 hours, tonight at the The Eastern Courtyard, High City, Night City Integrate. A little research reveals The Eastern Courtyard to be a very high-end. Japanese restaurant with a strict dress code and—according to the theories Blossom is able to dig up—a Yakuza front. A brief exchange of messages allows Casino to bring two others with him. Their names will be on the guest list at the door. Placing the agent back in his duster he turns to the others.

At Charlie's suggestion of threads Casino moves to his duffle bag. Quickly rummaging around he pulls out his black Takanaka Arachni suit in high condition though needing to be ironed out.

I have no idea whose with me tonight, all I know is I need a shower and someone to iron out my suit Charlie”

With Charlie off to his other duties, Casino’s suit taken off to be ironed, the big solo heads to the shower. Passing by Echo he gives her a look to join him if she wants……..



Posted on 2020-08-01 at 00:09:30.
Edited on 2020-08-01 at 00:13:49 by TannTalas

Mischief
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 7/1
114 Posts


twists

As they moved towards Charlie’s residence, Echo allowed herself to relax. For the first time Charlie and arrived to help the group he and Casino seemed to be actuallt attempting to get along. She could only hope that would gain momentuim and the two would become a team. As they arrived she could not but become alert once more at the fact they were about to enter a chinese barrow and how the people treated Charlie.

WTH had Charlie going on here? This was something to ask him at a later time once everyone was settled. In the apt she found herself side by side with Casino on the couch and it was all she could do to keep the big solo upright as tired as he clearly was. In some ways she was glad she needed very little sleep she could keep an eye on Casino and all the others in times when exhaustion was high.

Then the hope of relaxtion was gone with a single phone call.

Hello?

The guy who saved Mr. Akagi’s life at the hospital. Who is this?”

The a loud click could be heard in the room as they hung up

So... don’t keep us all in suspense?... who was it an what did they say?” Queried Charlie to Casino.

Seems it was Akagi’s son, Vin Akagi, he wants to meet today, said he’d send a time and place in a few moments”

Seconds, a minute, maybe two, and the sound of a text message arriving on the phone

Just as promised the agent still in Casino’s hand received a message detailing a meet location and time. 19:00 hours, tonight at the The Eastern Courtyard, High City, Night City Integrate. A little research reveals The Eastern Courtyard to be a very high-end. Japanese restaurant with a strict dress code and—according to the theories Blossom is able to dig up—a Yakuza front. A brief exchange of messages allows Casino to bring two others with him. Their names will be on the guest list at the door. Placing the agent back in his duster he turns to the others.

I have no idea whose with me tonight, all I know is I need a shower and someone to iron out my suit Charlie”

With Charlie off to his other duties, the big solo heads to the shower. Passing her by she easyale understands the look he gives her.

Standing she holds him up to whisper in his ear.

Not here, not now, but soon, promise”

Sitting back down she spins her head into many a different place.



Posted on 2020-08-02 at 23:50:09.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 58/18
2464 Posts




   Ghalan found a seat in a corner and sat.  With no need to sleep or eat, he would watch over the others.  Charlie brought htem to Chinatown but it seemed his agreement with the locals was a bit tenuous.  No way to tell how they would greet his new houseguests,  The phonecall was interesting.  Perhaps that group could help them find Vegas or the owner of the sec team that was hunting them.  Or it was possibel it was a trap.  Of course there was only one way to find out and that was to agree to the meet.  All that was left was to see who Casino would tap to accompany him.    



Posted on 2020-08-03 at 13:15:44.

Espatier
Resident
Karma: 7/0
287 Posts


Please note the time

China town, Charlie's Grotto :2.Y00430:08.Z00000:00, South Night City Integrate | March 10th, Day 4 (Monday), 1520  PST ( players please note this is HOURS after most of the groups posting at 0930 ( BEFORE) Charlie leaves to go teach. 
Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required

“Do I miss anything while I was away?” Charlie asks the room " I have big news, I hope everyone slept well and rested". 

"Who wants to go get Vegas... right now, as in right now, yeah. I got a voice message he needs someone to pick him up immediately. I'm going to suggest Casino either go now or close the window of opportunity, Take the rental van but don't return directly here. Just in case you are followed. Contact blossom and I will get you a safe route back"  Charlie explains. 

*OOC* AS many of the others in the room might have questions.... 

" Don't ask me, call him yourself, but I will ask that you do any or everything away from here, please respect my rules and wishes while you are guests here". Charlie explains to all

 ----------------

** Personal inventory **

Charlie needs to deal with: 

 

  • Dealing with tong in the Chinese sector
  • Blackbird2500
  • Mysterious message from Vegas
  • contacts!

    • return hound and father's calls, get them working, and selling my shoes.
  • Check messages for his scream sheet ad for a netrunner ( Posted: under edgerunner Altcult scream sheets )

 



Posted on 2020-08-04 at 20:51:04.
Edited on 2020-08-05 at 21:17:57 by Espatier

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 158/11
4402 Posts




March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 03:20 PM PST - Mid-City, Edgerunner Enclave (China Town), Charlie’s Apartment X00050:2.Y00310:08.Z00410:15, South Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

 

There is a lot on the team’s plate to be sure, but they are all professionals and in no way letting things like “too much to do” stop them cold in their tracks. 

Charlie’s concerns about the security of his arrangement with the Chinese are definitely heard and understood by the rest of the team. Though he hasn’t shared with them his personal business and his challenging situation with Springed-Heel Jack and the Triad, the fixer is doing his best to wheel and deal to the team’s benefit.

Casino is torn between being there to assist in bringing Vegas home and his own potential with the newly acquainted Yakuza, which could also offer future dividends for the whole team.

Thus it is that the afternoon conversation becomes a full-fledged strategy session that begins with another bombshell. Bloodbank is out.

The altruistic medic doesn’t believe that he’s a good fit with the team. He argues that he’s personally got nothing against any of them despite the recent blowout at the restaurant on the docks. He isn’t keen on the path that the team is taking and believes that they’ll be better off without his interference. He’s staunchly determined and within twenty-minutes of Charlie’s return, the medtech has made his exit. As he’s of the Edgerunner Alt-Cult, he has the tags and won’t be given any trouble by the Chinese guards on his way out.

This blow does set the others in the team to more concerned chatter but Blossom has a potential solution and drops a note to a friend of hers. She doesn’t explain too much to the others as she isn’t sure what the results will be.

The discussion continues with everyone moving past the departure of their field medic support role and focusing back again on the situation with their immediate schedule and responsibilities. Charlie pays attention with one ear while working his agent and trying to get some of his business taken care of. The team is becoming used to this and recognizes his ability to multitask.

The question of whether this message from Vegas is actually a trap is eventually handed over to Casino to resolve. After some discussion, everyone agrees that Casino can use the Yakuza agent that the call came through on and reach back out to Vegas through the number that was used to contact Charlie. He’ll ask Vegas a couple of questions that only the Crooner would have the answers to and that would be vague enough that it isn’t likely to have come up in any interrogations. Because no one but the Yakuza knows that Casino has this agent, and the agent that Vegas was using is unknown, if Casino keeps the call short, the security of their location should be maintained. This being the first step to ironing out their priorities, Casino gets to it.

First, Blossom and Fixer need to hack the agent allowing Casino to dial out and use its other functions. The netrunner jacks into the device using link cables from her NuCybe bracers and her body goes limp. Fixer takes the device from the other end and attaches his techscanner. The two work in tandem. When Blossom overpowers one of the device’s internal network defenses it opens a path for Fixer to jack with the material components. 

Meanwhile, Casino mentions his suit’s condition once again and Charlie has a likely solution. The fixer reaches out to Hui Yin on his Sam-Mono Luxury Agent and works his magic. Within fifteen minutes there’s a knock at the door and a young Chinese boy is there to pick up the suit with the promise that he’ll have it back to Casino within the next hour. Casino tips the boy and makes the cash payment for the dry cleaner (that knife trick was more than likely going to ruin the fine material as you don’t iron an Arachni Silk suit). The total spent in this case, tip for the runner included, is 30 NCD. 

Next comes the time where Casino lays out his idea for how the rest of the evening could be spent. Half the group goes to the Yakuza meet while the other half brings Vegas home—assuming it is Vegas. Here, again, there’s a lot of back and forth as the team strategizes (minus Blossom’s input seeing how she’s jacked in).

Charlie’s experience with the Underworld has him thinking that it would be rude for Casino to show up to the Yakuza meet with more than one “bodyguard” and it would likely be a complete loss of Face for Casino to show up with anyone at all, seeing how he supposedly single-handedly stopped a whole team from assassinating Mr. Akagi. The Yakuza have a very strict honor code and though Cred Stick Charlie hasn’t had a lot of direct dealings with them, anyone who works in the shadows on the Street knows the basics. In Charlie’s estimation, it’s best that Casino goes alone to the meet with the Yakuza showing complete faith in his safety and trust in the Business aspect of the meeting.

This leaves the rest of the team to retrieve Vegas… if it is the real Vegas. Fifty-three minutes after Blossom jacked in, she’s back with the group in Realspace and together with Fixer, have successfully hacked the agent for Casino’s use.

The moment of truth has arrived. At 04:13 PM PST, Casino sends a text message to the number used by Vegas to reach out to Charlie.

Vegas, this is Casino. I’m going to call you from this number. Are you in a place where you can talk?

A few moments pass before he receives a reply: Yes.

The call is made and the conversation begins with the qualifying questions.

“What’s Irene Frank's best feature?” Casino asks bluntly as soon as the voice on the other end says hello.

“Her legs,” comes the quiet reply.

Casino presses with, “Why did you and her break up?”

“She was transferred to the Africa division of the Dego Grain Coalition,” is the answer.

Casino holds in his excitement and gives his team a nod indicating that it is, in fact, Vegas. “Where are you, buddy?”

“I believe I’m in Temecula Heights,” Vegas replies, tension in his voice. “From what I can tell, it’s a Daltdom corpo community. The kicker is that I think I was being held by a sec team working for this company so I’m not so sure it’s going to be an easy extraction.”

“Who’s agent are you using?” Casino digs a little deeper. “Maybe they can help get you through the gate?”

“I’m afraid not,” Vegas grimly reports. “She’s dead. Not my doing. Looks like she had some dealings that went south. Nice girl too. Took me in knowing I was being hunted and let me rest up. I couldn’t do anything to save her. But, we might be able to exact some justice at the same time as getting paid.

“First, I gotta get out of here.”

“Stay frosty,” Casino replies. “We’ll do a little research and get back with you, ASAP.”

Casino relays what information he has about Vegas’s situation to the team. With proof that Vegas is alive and ready for pick-up, Blossom takes what information she has and begins to dig, jacking in again, her body going limp on the couch.

All the while, Charlie has been setting up a meeting with representatives of the Triad that runs muscle in this barrow. The work has been a lot of jumping through hoops, contacting different people, reaching out to Hui Yin, attempting to get in touch with Hound and Feathers (to no avail), and finally turning over a stone. He can meet with a Mugsy Devil at the Great Roll Hibachi Kitchen at 08:30 PM PST to discuss business.

The time is now 04:30 PM PST leaving Casino two and a half hours before his meet and Charlie four hours until his meet. Casino’s Arachni Silk suit is returned looking like new pressed and cleaned. Blossom jacks out and sits upright, sharing her findings.

First, her friend the medtech has replied to her message and is looking for a team to join. His name is Guardian and he’s a good street surgeon. He knows the deal that Charlie has laid out and is game. 

Second, The Temecula Heights compound is approximately two hours away depending on traffic for a ground car. You need a corporate card to get into the gate, or an invitation from someone inside who has submitted the proper paperwork and had it approved. Daltdom is a synth-food manufacturing company, a subsidiary of Petrochem and they do run a sec division that matches the name on the APC Ghlahn and Vegas encountered a couple of days ago. It all matches up. The question becomes whether the team can find a way to get in, retrieve Vegas, and get out, or Vegas can find a way out to meet up with them.

Once again, the team enters into a strategy discussion. Five minutes into the planning, Charlie receives a message from a long time friend named Cipher. She needs to get to work… needs something to occupy herself with. Does he have anything? He presents the deal that he offered everyone else and she jumps on it. Normally, Cipher needs to have a promise of ready payment to perform but she is eager to join up so Charlie knows that something big is behind her willingness.

Now, the team has to work meeting up with, or picking up, two new team members as well. As it turns out, Cipher is in the Upper City and can meet outside of the Park… her connection to all things Upper City might come in handy getting Vegas out of Temecula Heights. Guardian is willing to take public transportation anywhere to meet up, and he can join Cipher at the Park entrance, so that makes things easier. 

What all this boils down to is that Casino has a meet in a little under two and a half hours that Charlie has suggested he’s best served going alone to. Charlie has a meet in a little under four hours and it probably isn’t a good idea that he go alone (the Triads are a big unknown except that they aren’t happy with him operating in their turf). Cipher and Guardian are on the way to Temecula Heights and approximately one hour away while Vegas is two hours away.

What ever are they going to do?

(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 04:40 PM PST - Mid-City, Edgerunner Enclave (China Town), Charlie’s Apartment X00050:2.Y00310:08.Z00410:15, South Night City Integrate.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 04:30 PM PST - High-City, Temecula Heights Corporate Compound, Jeanette’s House X00550:35.Y00110:89.Z98310:08, West Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

 

Light spills in from the hooded windows with a persistent intensity that is arguably out of place considering there’s a dead body of a very nice young lady in the next room. Beaten, injured, stressed, and newly hopeful, Vegas isn’t sitting on his laurels waiting like a damsel in distress to be rescued. 

Since his call with Vegas, the solo has been working towards two goals. The first is to see what intel he can add to the operation returning him to the team and his partner. The second is to determine what it is that Jeanette was killed over and seeing if he can use it to persuade the team to exact a little justice. He knows that she wasn’t killed because of him and it isn’t guilt driving him. He simply liked her and she showed him kindness when she just as easily could have turned him in. There are times in life when you do something good for the sake of doing something good and this is one of those. If he can help everyone get paid in the process, and gain their support, well… the more the merrier. 

With the whole house to search and time on his hands (unless, he figures, the hit team has already called in a cleaner), he just has to decide where to begin.

(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 04:40 PM PST - High-City, Temecula Heights Corporate Compound, Jeanette’s House X00550:35.Y00110:89.Z98310:08, West Night City Integrate.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 03:50 PM PST - High-City, Desnai Enclave Park, de Costa’s Conapt X00230:76.Y00100:03.Z97240:52, Central Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

 

It isn’t her usual gig but she can’t stay here anymore. There are too many memories and her family’s situation isn’t going to improve with her just sitting around. Looking over her shoulder, Cipher watches her mother cleaning in the kitchen module. Soraya uses cleaning to cover her grief and it is tiring. With her brothers out doing their thing and her other relatives having gone home, that’s left Cipher alone with her mother during the day and it’s been like this for the past few days. Soraya cleans, watches her dailies, and insists on talking about Cipher’s lack of a love life, her displeasure over Cipher’s line of work, and a regular, practiced lecture on getting a purpose to her life. Of course, Soraya would like Cipher to pick up where her father had left off and her brothers are still active by joining the Movement, or at the very least, get back involved with life in the Park, find a nice niño and settle down, pop out a few babies.

No… the gig she’s worked out with Charlie isn’t her usual, but she’s got to get out of this environment. Observing the time in her optic’s subview screen, Cipher figures she better catch a park pod to the entrance if she’s going to meet the guy Charlie is putting her in touch with—a fellow by the name of Guardian—when he arrives.

“Mama?” 

Soraya looks up, washcloth in hand, her hopper mecha standing on the counter next to her, it’s bright LED flashlight illuminating her work better than the overheads could ever do. “¿Si, hija?”

“Es hora de que me vaya.”

Of course, this results in a mixed reaction. Immediate tears, a stream begging her to stay in Spanish, anger when Cipher insists, a stream of chastisements in Spanish, and then guilt. A lot of guilt. Spanish Catholic guilt was a force that pushed Cipher out the conapt door into the hall, the swish of hydraulics barely heard above the guilt as the door closed.

Doing her best to shove her mother’s parting words out of her head, Cipher makes her way to the Park ground level and hails a park pod. The smart vehicle sits up to four but in this case, Cipher’s the only one in it. Not many from the Park Habitats go to the entrance unless they are working the booths or heading out for a pick-up. 

At the entrance, she shows her dogtags and exits to the side of the expansive courtyard filled with people eager to gain admittance to the Desnai amusement park. Her agent information has been shared with Guardian and within a short while of her arrival, her agent is pinged and she gives Guardian directions on where to meet her. A few minutes later, he approaches.

(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 04:40 PM PST - High-City, Desnai Enclave Park, Entrance X00233:76.Y00095:03.Z97240:52, Central Night City Integrate.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 03:50 PM PST - Under City, The Good Rest Motel, X00130:12.Y00100:85.Z00080:17, South Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

 

Closing his account with the coffin motel, Guardian double-checks himself to make sure he hasn’t left anything behind. Thank all that is holy for Blossom. He was about to take another ripper doc gig when she reached out to him. A team of edgerunners can end up paying a lot better than a ripper doc wage and it could turn out to be an on-going thing according to the pretty Asian. He could use an on-going thing.

Public transportation isn’t bad… not really… especially if you’re used to it. Used to the smells, the personalities, the uncomfortably close proximity of humanity pressed together, the sounds… yeah. It isn’t bad.

Desnai parks are the fun spots in an otherwise dreary existence. But that’s not why he was going. No, Blossom had arranged for him to meet with another edgerunner named Cipher that was also joining the team. It’d cost him a few credits to get there, but it is worth it for the opportunity.

Stepping off the bus, Guardian sends Cipher’s agent a note letting her know he was there as well as his location on the map. With her help, he eventually approaches and is absolutely blown away by her beauty. Blossom is a good-looking woman, but Cipher… well Cipher could easily be a supermodel and take the industry by storm.

(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 04:40 PM PST - High-City, Desnai Enclave Park, Entrance X00233:76.Y00095:03.Z97240:52, Central Night City Integrate.)



Posted on 2020-08-06 at 15:02:35.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.




Page loaded in 0.062955 seconds