The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4040 registered users. Our newest member is WhomstHasSummonedTom.
Online members: noahdude628
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by dragon-soul92)Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Blacktooth Ridge Q&A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Blacktooth Ridge Q&A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Nomad D2)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Posting Games - Most people logged in (posted by dragon-soul92)Most people logged in
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Game
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Cyberpunk --> Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
Parent thread: Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
GM for this game: Bromern Sal
Players for this game: TannTalas, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Hammer, Mischief, Espatier, dragon-soul92, CameToPlay
    Messages in Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

NPC
Price: $14.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6737 Posts


Domo Arigato mr Roboto Part 1

March 10th, Day 4 – Monday, Time is 03:20 PM PST – Mid-City, Edgerunner Enclave (China Town), Charlie’s Apartment X00050:2.Y00310:08.Z00410:15, South Night City Integrate.
Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

The shower had been much needed, Charlie or the barrow had very good water softening salt. Though it could have been more fun with Echo. Echo!, Casino once again had to pause as the warm water ran over him. Echo 18 and only known for four days, Jesus Christ four f***ing days, since we met. What the f*** is wrong with you Casino, losing your heart to a young girl. Grrr. Yet the big solo had been asking himself this same damn question over and over again without an answer the last three days. Then he was out, dried off, and tired as hell needing a nap…..

A few short hours later Echo had woken him up and he had joined the rest of the group for a nice portion of Chinese Take Out, his favorite sesame chicken with fried rice and lo-mien noodles courtesy of Blossom when Charlie arrives with Hui Yin.

"I have big news, I hope everyone slept well and is rested. Who wants to go get Vegas... right now, as in right now, yeah. I got a voice message he needs someone to pick him up immediately. I'm going to suggest Casino either go now or close the window of opportunity, Take the rental van but don't return directly here. Just in case you are followed. Contact blossom and I will get you a safe route back" Charlie explains.

The plate of sesame chicken, soy sauce, duck sauce, and fried rice falling partially onto his lap but most of it onto the floor in Casino’s shocked reaction as he shot to his feet quickly.

What the f*** Charlie, is this a joke?”

After a quick look at the text message from Vegas on Charlie’s agent and Casino knows it’s no joke. Holy s*** what now, meeting with Yakuza or going to rescue his partner. F*** f*** f***.

Ok here’s my plan I can’t afford to blow off the Yakuza, that be bad for all of us, I’d look weak in their eyes and by association to me the rest of you would also look weak. So Blossom, myself and Fixer head to meet the Yakuza and see what they have to say and go from there. Ghlahn, Echo, after I talk to Vegas and make sure its him and get a location of where he is at, gear up, take the van and retrieve him. Bloodbank go with them in case Vegas needs healing or if its a trap. If it is a trap pull back and wait for the rest of us to join you after the meet and we will play it by ear until we know more. Any questions?”

Sorry Casino I’m out” This suddenly from Bloodbank, “I don’t believe I’m a good fit with the team. I got nothing personally against any of you, despite the recent blowout at the restaurant on the docks. I just don’t feel the path that the you guys as a team are taking is the right one and I think you’ll be better off without meAfter a futile attempt to get him to stay, it’s clear he is staunchly determined, and after a quick series of goodbyes, unlike Blossom, within twenty-minutes of Charlie’s return, the medtech is gone.

With Bloodbank’s loss, so too is Casino’s initial plan and sets the others in the team to more concerned chatter. Casino once again on the edge, his few hours of sleep for nothing, his plan out the window, the team medic gone, and no way to treat Vegas if he is wounded and in desperate need of it. Then as if seeing through his stone face, Blossom speaks up

No fear, I may have a potential solution let me drop them a note”

A deep breath later and Echo’s hand on his shoulder, the big solo has calmed down. The discussion continues with everyone moving past the departure of their field medic support role and focusing back again on the situation with their immediate schedule and responsibilities. Charlie pays attention with one ear while working his agent and trying to get some of his business taken care of. The team is becoming used to this and recognizes his ability to multitask.

The question of whether this message from Vegas is actually a trap is eventually handed over to Casino to resolve. After some discussion, everyone agrees that Casino can use the Yakuza agent that the call came through on and reach back out to Vegas through the number that was used to contact Charlie. He’ll ask Vegas a couple of questions that only the Crooner would have the answers to and that would be vague enough that it isn’t likely to have come up in any interrogations. Because no one but the Yakuza knows that Casino has this agent, and the agent that Vegas was using is unknown, if Casino keeps the call short, the security of their location should be maintained. This being the first step to ironing out their priorities, Casino gets to it.

More talk among the group as to some type of new plan. Who goes to retrieve Vegas, who goes to the meet with Casino, idea’s were put forth and rejected, then Charlie put forth the thought that Casino should go alone. Charlie, his experience with the Underworld quite good. Had the Fixer thinking that it would be rude for Casino to show up to the Yakuza meet with more than one “bodyguard” and that in truth it would likely be a complete loss of Face for Casino to show up with anyone at all, seeing how he supposedly single-handedly stopped a whole team from assassinating Mr. Akagi. Having lived since his teens in an Edgerunning society Casino was no stranger to the ways and codes of such organizations like the Mafia and the Yakuza knowing of the codes of honor that meant so much to them and the big solo had to admit Charlie was right. Plus on the positive that would leave the whole rest of the group to get Vegas out.

March 10th, Day 4 – Monday, Time is 04:13 PM PST – Mid-City, Edgerunner Enclave (China Town), Charlie’s Apartment X00050:2.Y00310:08.Z00410:15, South Night City Integrate.
Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

Blossom and Fixer having hacked the Yakuza agent, Casino sends a text message to the number used by Vegas to reach out to Charlie.

Vegas, this is Casino. I’m going to call you from this number. Are you in a place where you can talk?

Yes.

The call is made and the conversation begins with the qualifying questions.

What’s Irene Frank's best feature?”

Her legs,”

Why did you and her break up?”

She was transferred to the Africa division of the Dego Grain Coalition,

Casino holds in his excitement and gives his team a nod indicating that this is in fact Vegas.

Where are you, buddy?”

I believe I’m in Temecula Heights,Vegas replies, tension in his voice.“From what I can tell, it’s a Daltdom corpo community. The kicker is that I think I was being held by a sec team working for this company so I’m not so sure it’s going to be an easy extraction.”

Who’s agent are you using?” Casino digs a little deeper. “Maybe they can help get you through the gate?”

I’m afraid not, Vegas grimly reports.“She’s dead. Not my doing. Looks like she had some dealings that went south. Nice girl too. Took me in knowing I was being hunted and let me rest up. I couldn’t do anything to save her. But, we might be able to exact some justice at the same time as getting paid.

First, I gotta get out of here.”

Stay frosty Brother help is on the way” Casino replies. “We’ll do a little research and get back with you, ASAP. Guard that agent with your life, it may be the one thing that saves it.”

Once again, more strategy discussion. Five minutes into the planning, Charlie receives a message from a long time friend named Cipher. She needs to get to work, needs something to occupy herself with. Does he have anything? He presents the deal that he offered everyone else and she jumps on it. Normally, Cipher needs to have a promise of ready payment to perform but she is eager to join up so Charlie knows that something big is behind her willingness. With Blossom’s medtech friend on board the rescue group had been jacked up to six, seven if Charlie became involved on site.

Looking over the party Casino's gaze fell on Ghlahn. Though the solo could not be part of the rescue attempt, maybe a part of him could. Grabbing his MPK M-11/205 Grenade Launcher he held it out to the Cee-Metal cyborg

Can you use it, could maybe come in handy?…………..

(If Ghalhn does not accept for whatever reason, Casino will leave it at Charlie’s apt. I’m only going armed with my .44’s and my spawnblade as the suit is weaved to hide them, though without a doubt I will be searched and they possibly taken from him. Going to wait on a few answers to questions asked in PM to Brom before I post part 2)



Posted on 2020-08-07 at 02:18:39.
Edited on 2020-08-07 at 03:32:40 by TannTalas

dragon-soul92
RDI Fixture
Karma: 15/1
574 Posts


Reunion With an Old Friend and Meeting Some New Ones, Too

David, more commonly known as Guardian, emitted a small sigh as the guy sitting next to him on the bus was taking up far more room than necessary and Guardian was resigned to being sandwiched between the large man and window next to him. He may have been willing to take public transport to meet his old friend Blossom and the new girl Cipher, but that didn't mean he had to like it. It was just faster, that's all. Still, an exciting and potentially rewarding opportunity lay before him so he was willing to endure a minor annoyance until he arrived at his destination. It would be worth it, he was sure. He gazed out of the window, but wasn't looking at anything in particular, his mind swimming with all the possibilities that could be awaiting him on this new venture.


I hope my medical skills can be put to good use, he thought. That's all I want to do. Save people, the way my parents did before...

His mind trailed off as he unwillingly cast it back to that fateful day when he was just a boy and he received the devastating news that would shape the rest of his life. He exhaled another small sigh and pulled out his headphones, putting on Megadeth's Countdown to Extinction album to pass the time.

Eventually, his stop approached and he rose, preparing to disembark. Luckily, his beefy travel partner had gotten off a couple of stops earlier so he didn't have to awkwardly force himself between the guy's legs and the chair in front. Guardian stepped off the bus, inhaling deeply and welcoming the cool air on his face after the thick, stuffy atmostphere of the rather cramped bus. Around him came the excited and cheerful chatter of people making their way to Desnai Amusement Park and a small, nostalgic smile tugged at the corners of Guardian's lips as he remembered fondly the days when his parents used to take him to the amusement park in the school holidays or sometimes on weekends. He would wonder around eating copious amounts of sugar (more than what his mother approved of, but his father always grinned and argued 'let the kid have his fun. He won't be a kid forever') and his dad won him prizes on the carnival games. He still had the large stuffed tiger in his bedroom at home with a chewed ear after his childhood dog, Buddy, had snatched it from his room.

Pulling himself from the tide of memories that always seemed to flood his mind whenever he was in this part of the city, Guardian pulled out his agent and looked at the screen, confirming the location of where to meet his associate. He eventually found Cipher and his first impression of her was how pretty she was. Well, Blossom had always been that way (he'd had a secret crush on her since he'd first met her, but he'd never taken it any further than that and to this day he didn't know if his feelings were reciprocated), but Cipher was at least equal to Blossom's beauty.

He said to Cipher:

'I'm David Olsen, but you can call me Guardian. I'm your new medtech. But you probably know that already.' He broke off with a somewhat sheepish chuckle. 'So, you must be Cipher? What is it you do? What do you like? Maybe we can find something in common?' He grinned and winked.


Posted on 2020-08-07 at 14:30:48.
Edited on 2020-08-07 at 18:18:39 by dragon-soul92

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 93/24
4291 Posts


Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams

Vegas was in a tight spot, perhaps tighter than he had ever been in before!

The Crooner had been pumped full of Truther, spilled his guts, along with everyone else that he had been associated with in recent weeks, as well as beaten numerous times and then chained to a wall and locked away to rot at the mercy of men who were paid to be merciless!

Sinatra songs were few and far between the times he lapsed in-and-out of consciousness, but the Crooner managed to hum a few bars from time to time to keep his focus on surviving!

Managing to befriend a sympathetic guard, the Frank Sinatra look-alike gained a seemingly hopeless advantage, being freed from his chains long enough to overpower the unsuspecting guard, while managing to escape his cell without leaving behind a witness to explain his lapse of judgement for freeing the badly beaten prisoner!

Vegas managed to locate all his gear and elude the guards who were searching for the battered escapee, but Vegas was able to extricate himself from the building, in spite of his terrible hurt, only to find himself trapped in a corporate compound with no way out of the trap he found himself in!

He managed to avoid the security squad that was hunting the escaped prisoner, as the Crooner miraculously snuck through back yards and hopped over numerous fences, barely dragging his exhausted body through this impossible situation by sheer will power!

A young woman was having her morning coffee on her back porch when Vegas limped into view. Fortunately for Vegas, she was a compassionate soul who hated her corporate overlords. She was locked into a dead-end position, chained to a contract that her current boss went out of his way to enforce in a most hateful way!

She invited him inside, no questions asked, as she cautiously tended to his wounds, attentive to his needs as she warmed up to his personality over the next couple of hours. Jeanette was a nice, pretty girl, seemingly out of place among most of the other harsh inhabitants of this corporate compound.

Jeanette was a fair judge of character, especially since having been chained to the corporate contract that had her bound, so she assured Vegas that he could crash at her place, get cleaned up and rest a bit in her spare bedroom that served as her home office.

Early Monday morning Vegas woke up to the sounds of a struggle!

Thinking that the Sec Team had finally caught up with him, but still too badly injured to risk a fire-fight, the Crooner cautiously worked his way to the door as quietly as he could manage. It was not a Sec Team, but a lone tough-looking, very well-dressed man who was leaving Jeanette’s bathroom, wearing one glove and the other missing!

Vegas cautiously crept down the hall and out the back door to the patio, but his escape route was blocked by a Sec Team scouring the neighborhood, so he hid until the Sec Team had moved on.

Ready to continue his escape, the Crooner witnessed the man leaving Jeanette’s, getting into a black aerodyne sedan and following the usual corporate compound rules, flying at road level towards what Vegas considers to be the direction of the exit.

Vegas was now concerned about Jeanette, realizing that his body still needed time to recover, so he cautiously made his way back inside her house, where he discovered the dead body of Jeanette, lying on the bathroom floor with her throat slit. He searched the other rooms to discover that her house had been ransacked by her killer!

Realizing that he is essentially stuck in a corporate compound in the house of a woman who has been targeted and killed for some unknown reason, the Crooner found himself something to eat and drink, while he pondered his next move.

Vegas reached out to Starlight who took his direct call. She seemed genuinely pleased that the Crooner was still alive, sharing with Vegas an update of the events that took place after his capture and giving him Charlie’s agent number.

After sending a message to Charlie, all Vegas could do was wait for Casino and Company to contact him. He spent the time alternately resting, making sure his weapons were cleaned and ready for vengeance  while periodically surveying the premises with his Combat Sense for any clues as to why Jeanette had been killed in cold blood?

The moment of truth has arrived. At 04:13 PM PST, Casino sends a text message to the number used by Vegas to reach out to Charlie.

Vegas, this is Casino. I’m going to call you from this number. Are you in a place where you can talk?

A few moments pass before he receives a reply: Yes.

The call is made and the conversation begins with the qualifying questions.

“What’s Irene Frank's best feature?” Casino asks bluntly as soon as the voice on the other end says hello.

“Her legs,” comes the quiet reply.

Casino presses with, “Why did you and her break up?”

“She was transferred to the Africa division of the Dego Grain Coalition,” is the answer.

Casino holds in his excitement and gives his team a nod indicating that it is, in fact, Vegas. “Where are you, buddy?”

“I believe I’m in Temecula Heights,” Vegas replies, tension in his voice. “From what I can tell, it’s a Daltdom corpo community. The kicker is that I think I was being held by a sec team working for this company so I’m not so sure it’s going to be an easy extraction.”

“Who’s agent are you using?” Casino digs a little deeper. “Maybe they can help get you through the gate?”

“I’m afraid not,” Vegas grimly reports. “She’s dead. Not my doing. Looks like she had some dealings that went south. Nice girl too. Took me in knowing I was being hunted and let me rest up. I couldn’t do anything to save her. But, we might be able to exact some justice at the same time as getting paid.

“First, I gotta get out of here.”

“Stay frosty,” Casino replies. “We’ll do a little research and get back with you, ASAP.”

March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 04:30 PM PST - High-City, Temecula Heights Corporate Compound, Jeanette’s House X00550:35.Y00110:89.Z98310:08, West Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

Light spills in from the hooded windows with a persistent intensity that is arguably out of place considering there’s a dead body of a very nice young lady in the next room. Beaten, injured, stressed, and newly hopeful, Vegas isn’t sitting on his laurels waiting like a damsel in distress to be rescued. 

Since his call with Casino, the solo has been working towards two goals. The first is to see what intel he can add to the operation returning him to the team and his partner. The second is to determine what it is that Jeanette was killed over and seeing if he can use it to persuade the team to exact a little justice. He knows that she wasn’t killed because of him and it isn’t guilt driving him. He simply liked her and she showed him kindness when she just as easily could have turned him in. There are times in life when you do something good for the sake of doing something good and this is one of those. If he can help everyone get paid in the process, and gain their support, well… the more the merrier. 

With the whole house to search and time on his hands (unless, he figures, the hit team has already called in a cleaner), he just has to decide where to begin.

(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 04:40 PM PST - High-City, Temecula Heights Corporate Compound, Jeanette’s House X00550:35.Y00110:89.Z98310:08, West Night City Integrate.)

Vegas decides to further his search for clues as to the cause of Jeanette’s death, by first thoroughly searching the bedroom he had occupied, which also served as Jeanette’s home office. Secondly, the Crooner thoroughly searches Jeanette’s bedroom. Thirdly, he thoroughly searches the bathroom, being extra careful to leave her dead body undisturbed. The kitchen is next and then the rest of the rooms.

(OOC: Vegas is using his Combat Sense as he thoroughly searches the premises!)

As he searches, Vegas softly sings to both himself and the corpse, realizing that time may not be in his favor, especially if a Cleaner is being sent to clean up the mess!

https/www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg_QoCXBlXk



Posted on 2020-08-08 at 02:07:39.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 58/18
2464 Posts




  With the call to Vegas complete it seemed that it was indeed their missing team member that made the call and that he was trapped in a corp compound.  Perhaps the very corp whose sec team faced Ghalan in the parking garage.  Sneaking into a corp compound, finding Vegas and sneaking back out would take some real skills and a lot of luck.  All seemed set when once again things fell apart.  Bloodbank anounced he would no longer remain a part of the team.  Looking back it was not a huge surprise as he often voiced concerns about the way the team operated.  Charlie nixed the idea of two small teams going after Vegas and to the meet by pointing out anything other than an individual meeting by Casino would be a loss of face.  Now it seemed they would be getting a couple new team members as well.  It was looking like an interesting couple hours lay ahead.  In a completely unexpected gesture, Casino offered Ghalan the use of his grenade launcher for the rescue attempt.  "I know you are torn about not being able to go after Vegas yourself.  Hopefully we won't need forepower to spring him but it never hurts to be prepared.  Don't worry, I return this to you along with Vegas."   



Posted on 2020-08-09 at 06:18:10.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 58/18
2464 Posts




  Ghalan sat next to Charlie.  "If you get a chance, can you see if you can find me some rounds for my weapons and a few for this grenade launcher Casino loaned me?  I don't think your neighbors would take kindly to me wandering around looking for them myself."



Posted on 2020-08-12 at 19:16:40.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6737 Posts


Domo Arigato part 2

March 10th, Day 4 Monday, Time is 04:30 PM PSTMid-City, Edgerunner Enclave (China Town), Charlie’s Apartment X00050:2.Y00310:08.Z00410:15, South Night City Integrate. Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)
Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

In a completely unexpected gesture, Casino offered Ghalan the use of his grenade launcher for the rescue attempt.

"I know you are torn about not being able to go after Vegas yourself. Hopefully we won't need firepower to spring him but it never hurts to be prepared. Don't worry, I return this to you along with Vegas."

Smiling back at the big Cee-Metal, Casino laid the SMG in the cyborgs hand and it's weapon bag at his feet.

I’ll hold you to that. Ok quick rundown, as you can see each side of the stock holds two extra 30 round clips for a total of four and with the one loaded gives you a total of 150 Armor piercing rounds." Reaching into the bag Casino then pulls out an adjustable waist belt holding eight launcher sized grenades.

"Ok on the belt you have eight grenades. 2 High Explosive, 2 Fragmenation, 2 Concussion and 2 Smoke, colored red, blue, black,  and white. I just hope however you don't need to use any of them, but if you need to, don't hesitate. Bring Vegas back to us, even if you have to use eveyone of them.

A hand to the Cee-Metal's shoulder, Casino he moved away. Using the newly hacked agent, the solo quickly formed a shopping list and then looks around for Cred Stick Charlie. Seeing the fixer and catching his eye, Casino gives him a nod asking if the solo can join him.

(OOC: Assuming Charlie acknowledges Casino’s request.)

Casino moved over to the counter and took a seat upon one of the red stools near his host.

Charlie, I need your help. What do you think the possibility is of getting these items before we head out on our separate tasks?”

The solo quickly shows Charlie the list on his absconded agent's ultra HD screen.

Seeing as how we are in a Edgerunner enclave and it’s also your home I’m guessing you know it by heart. Can you get me these things, priority on the five chips, before I have to head out? Also as things stand right now, transportation wise, I was thinking on catching a cab, but that will hinder me being able to rejoin the rest of the team before coming back here to change from suit to armor. Any suggestions?........



Posted on 2020-08-12 at 23:52:26.
Edited on 2020-08-12 at 23:55:06 by TannTalas

Espatier
Resident
Karma: 7/0
287 Posts


3/4 posting done unless someone needs something before friday

ooc: read about the corps book, solos and other will find things that may relate to their characters or maybe something might interest them, anyways. 

Weapon type    rolled

Ammo type    rolled

Chips          rolled

  • printer deal needs to be closed now
  • personal inventory list to add: Rescue Vegas for the corps area. 

=======================

Ghalan sat next to Charlie.  "If you get a chance, can you see if you can find me some rounds for my weapons and a few for this grenade launcher Casino loaned me?  I don't think your neighbors would take kindly to me wandering around looking for them myself."

" I would agree" Charlie chuckles aloud.

A hand to the Cee-Metal's shoulder, Casino he moved away. Using the newly hacked agent, the solo quickly formed a shopping list and then looks around for Cred Stick Charlie. Seeing the fixer and catching his eye, Casino gives him a nod asking if the solo can join him.

Charile gives a non verbal nod and a motion for Casino to join him

Casino moved over to the counter and took a seat upon one of the red stools near his host.

“Charlie, I need your help. What do you think the possibility is of getting these items before we head out on our separate tasks?”

" I would love to help you with that, is one of the things that I do best... munitions, shoes and other things" Charlie gives his infectious smile 

The solo quickly shows Charlie the list on his absconded agent's ultra HD screen.

“Seeing as how we are in an Edgerunner enclave and it’s also your home I’m guessing you know it by heart. Can you get me these things, priority on the five chips, before I have to head out? Also as things stand right now, transportation wise, I was thinking on catching a cab, but that will hinder me from being able to rejoin the rest of the team before coming back here to change from suit to armor. Any suggestions?........

 "Well... looks like I better get started then. 

** Brom, I'd like to take a minus or two for the rush job, looking into the Chinese community here and attempt tp buy local, IF they are not so upset... Charlie will attempt to buy local as well look into a johnny cab Casino leaving here to get him to his meeting and if possible set up a "tentative" time to pick casino and rendezvous with the rest of us ( wherever we are) **

"anyone else need anything?.... bandages, "slap trauma patches", drugs legal or illegal, yes, no, maybe?" charlie asks aloud to the group.

Charile calls for the dragon lady.... he hopes that she is in a better mood. 

" Miss Mo Yimu, This is Mr. Charile, I humbly come before you and ask for you to enlighten this westerner in the true path and way of life in this enclave. Perhaps you mind knowing someone that could assist me with a grocery list of items. 

No, yes... I see, I'm sorry to bother you I simply thought that I could spend some credits in the community, but I have bothered you enough, thank... oh, you don't say. You might know someone?. Yes, you wouldn't mind me spending a few credits in the enclave. "Oh Miss Mo Yimu, I wish to thank you for your vast knowledge and connection in this enclave, but of course, yes I understand and I'll make sure that you get your cut before mine, Yes Miss Mo Yimu". Charlie passes on the request lists and hopes for the best prices that he can bargain within the enclave, minus Miss Mo Yimu fees to connecting a few "possible good, honest people" to charlie for her cut. 

Charile thinks to himself for a second " Geezz, she is a bigger snake than me.... maybe I'll learn something from her later"

" Miss Mo Yimu is assisting me with the shopping list, Casino, Ghlan... we are going to buy local this time, maybe save some cred--.... well.. Miss Mo Yimu is taking a cut so Mr. Charile will have to make some profit down the line in another area. Anyhow...Casino, I also added a "Johnny Cab" to get you to your location, pending that after your meeting to meet up with everyone else " Charlie explains to casino and the others. 

 Charile excuses himself to make a more private call in his bedroom. 

"** rings tong contact ( edit this later )

" This is Mr. Charile, is the meeting still on?" 

" Yes Mr. charlie, we will be waiting for you," A voice said. Luther just imagined an evil chuckle from the other side, but one never came. 

" I have the location and I'll be bringing some friends along, is that okay?" 

" Oh Mr. charlie, we are such gracious hosts that we would never refuse your safety blanket, my friend, However... We also will have friends with us as well Mr. Charile. We have many friends that would equal the many drops in an ocean or perhaps... a better analogy would be to stars in the universe. Yes.. Mr. charlie you are in our territory, our rules Mr. Chairle, and you will need to learn your ways if you want to "fit in where you get in, yes?. That is one of your sayings isn't it?. so yes... please bring more.. the merrier as you English say. 

** Luther couldn't speak for a second ** " Yes, sir it is... I hope that I have not--

The line went dead

** Was that a clue, should I run like a rabbit, hide like an ostrich?... Damn it. These guys aren't playing. It going to take more than charm that's for sure **

charlie makes his next call

** rings and gets Daniel "Patriot" Dean Virtual mailbox

" Hey Patriot!, Charlie here, remember me?. Well I hope that you do "Fam". Perhaps that this is a hot tip. A story is brewing in one of those archologies, yes siree... A corp compound hiding people, like a "solo" type against his will. I'm going to ... so its "exclusive time, baby!. I'll even possibly have a direct feed, that would be cool, wouldn't it?. If you want to be the first to cover this story, hit me back, player. 

Charlie, Peace, Out" 

Luther searches for identity printers.... on his phone

**looking for anything cheaper than the Gearlogix 24B290 Thermal Printer with a Hologenics Modular Printbox attachment which she has listed for 900 credits.** see none... Closes the deal with birdsong2500

once again he turns his attention to the net... 

**Looking for another deal, since the other had time expired for Kelsy dawn**

Luther calls his friend "Tomás "Hound" Japón" : " Hound!... baby boy, I got you, you didn't think that I would leave you hanging, hell no!. I'll set you up with ten pairs of generic shoes, let me know if they move or not and "lets make a deal"!.

Luther attempts to get "feather" moving as well with yet another call.

"Hey Little Mama, come on baby girl, you know I got what you need, some shoes to make some money, I'll drop some off to you, let meet up soon!"

With another quick search and a quick inquiry, Luther finds a new "Gig" (natural 19) and sets up "flexible" tentative date for the group. ** rings KD's agent "Hey KD, Luther here ... let's make a "date" and I share the info that I got, and yes... I know, it's not a date but a meeting. It will be good to see you and the band again. Tell me when your available and lets sit down face to face and "talk". It's been years...

Charlie exits his room and waits with the others

 

 

 



Posted on 2020-08-13 at 06:39:39.
Edited on 2020-08-17 at 20:56:43 by Espatier

CameToPlay
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 19/2
193 Posts


Fresh Start (Collab with dragon-soul92 in second half)

March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 03:50 PM PST - High-City, Desnai Enclave Park, de Costa’s Conapt X00230:76.Y00100:03.Z97240:52, Central Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

There isn’t a version of this story where she stays. Coming home in February for the funeral was the last thing she expected or wanted to do. Visiting with family was always nice - was the only time she didn’t have to pay for a bed - but the silence was killing Cipher.

Her home was never quiet. Whether it was the whirring of their mechas, Mateo and Luis coming and going from work and friends, or Mama’s blaring newscasts, the da Costa residence was not a quiet place. At least, not before Papa died.

Now Mama distracts herself with cleaning every inch of the conapt, down on her knees even to get at the baseboards and vents; she’d affixed sponges to her hopper’s legs while mopping earlier. All Cipher had been hearing since Aunt Mercedes left was squeaking of cleaning agents and rags, between the endless comments on her Edgerunning, love life, living situation, the NFP. She knows that it comes from a place of concern - one borne not when a mecha crushed her father’s skull and broke his spine, but when the Movement first picked up speed, the coup failed, and it had been 10 months before Cipher saw daylight above ground again - but it was suffocating.

So the text to Cred-Stick is Cipher’s solution, her way out. And maybe her mother’s way out too.

Mama doesn’t understand when she tells her, doesn’t see why this is her only choice. It’s not like Cipher explains much anyways - Papa was the revolutionary, the one with fire to get the world changed. Mama just wanted a quiet life with her family, and now risks losing her home because of said family.

“Es hora de que me vaya.”

She leaves the conapt in a flood of guilt, a slew of Spanish prayers and pleading. It takes Cipher a moment to gather herself outside the door, before that professional Edgerunner takes over and her head is in the game again. Cred-Stick mentioned a new medtech she could meet up with at the front gates, so she catches a park pod and makes her way up. She settles by a pillar at the entrance, after flashing her dogtags and exiting for maybe the last time in a while. It takes only a few moments before a message on her agent has her leading Guardian to her.

March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 04:40 PM PST - High-City, Desnai Enclave Park, Entrance X00233:76.Y00095:03.Z97240:52, Central Night City Integrate.

'I'm David Olsen, but you can call me Guardian. I'm your new medtech. But you probably know that already.' He broke off with a somewhat sheepish chuckle. 'So, you must be Cipher? What is it you do? What do you like? Maybe we can find something in common?' He grinned and winked.

Cipher regards the newcomer with a raised brow. She's quite used to men approaching her - especially since she had the Nanogroomers installed - but the buffer of being an Edgerunner usually preemptively shut the flirting down. Though it's hardly bad to be friendly with teammates, now is it?

She offers Guardian a small smile, smoothing her mohawk down a bit more. "That would be me. I'll be the one making lying on her back look tough; I'm a netrunner. And I like medtechs that can keep me in one piece, so consider that our first thing in common. How long you been Edgerunning?"

Quite the shy girl, ain't she? Guardian thought, he grin fading a little. Better back off a bit, don't want to spook her. He dropped his cocky attitude and fell into a more professional attitude, which he didn't like. He hated restraining himself but he needed to make a good first impression otherwise this gig could be over before it's even begun and if he really rubbed Cipher the wrong way, she may not even let him see Blossom, which he longed to. He missed her. They'd been apart for far too long, their different occupations keeping them busy and in seperate parts of the city. He smiled mentally in anticipation of seeing-and even working alongside-his friend again. But all that depended on wether he could get past this first obstacle-Cipher. 'I've been into it for a few years now,' he replied. 'I went to medical collage and graduated with a degree, then went onto further training until I finally got my medical licence about 5 years ago. So, what about you? How long have you been a netrunner? How'd you get into it?'

"I like taking things apart," Cipher replies. "Seeing how they work, what makes them tick. Maybe I'd be a scavv if things were very different, but fortunately they weren't." She runs a hand over her mohawk, letting it rest on the base of her skull, feeling the cyllinders through her jacket collar. "I've grown up around robots and know them inside and out, but the Net is uncharted territory. It's not ones and zeroes and rockerboy social medias, but a living, changing world. Consider me Columbus, I guess.

"I got into netrunning for a few reasons, but exploration is one of them. Curiosity the next, as I'd love to see one of those self-spawned AIs some day. I've been at it for about ten years now, and Edgerunning for about as long." She regards Guardian with an inquisitive look. "Was it the cutting part or the saving people part that drew you into the bodies business?"

Guardian took in everything he had learned so far about his new (hopefully) friend.

Tech geek, huh? Technology is cool. It's helped me save lives that, without the tech, would otherwise have perished. But if powerful tech got into the wrong hands...well, I guess that's the danger with any sort of power.

'AI? I guess that would be great if it doesn't turn on us. I prefer technology we have control over. AIs have a mind of their own. Literally. But if it doesn't go rogue, then yeah, sure. Could be useful. As long as the world doesn't end up like that Will Smith movie, i-Robot.' He chuckled in amusement.

'Anyway,' he continued, gathering his thoughts, 'As for why I became a medtech, it was my parents. They worked so hard every day to selflessly save lives and I admired them for that. I know this may sound clichéd, but they were my heroes. I loved spending time with them and seeing first hand the amazing work they were doing to help people.

'Until that day...,' he paused, his brow furrowing as a dark shadow cast a blackened void over his mind as the painful, deveststing memories threatened to smother him. He swallowed hard in an attempt to dispel both the images that he unwillingly summoned that flashed through his subconciousness and to banish the lump that had knotted his throat. He was only partially succsessful in achieving the latter, the harsh memories still tormenting him. He gritted his teeth and exhaled a short, sharp sigh. Will he never be free of the horrors of his past? Must he continue to be plagued by them for the rest of his days, slowly eating away at him until all that remained was an empty, hollow husk devoid of all the good that made him who he was? No. He couldn't let that happen. His parents were strong, and that's what he aspired to be. He couldn't dishonor the memory of his parents by showing weakness. Of any kind.

He suddenly realised that he'd let his thoughts trail for too long and he looked at Cipher, clearing his throat and stuttering slightly 's-sorry,' he apologised. 'My mind drifted off. Anyway, as I was saying, my parents were medtechs before me and after their deaths-which sent me to live with my Aunt-I felt inspired to continue their legacy. To be their legacy. I want to know what happened to them. The government are claiming it was a freak accident, and maybe it was, but I want to know for sure. Find out for myself. Get my own evidence. I won't be satisfied with the coroner's report until I do.' He grinned apologetically at his companion. 'Sorry,' he repeated, 'here I am rambling on about my sob story when we have things to do.'

Cipher is about to comment on how tech is widespread, while power isn't, and how that was part of the problem when Guardian's demeanour changes. She's about to ask if he is choking on something when he hits her with the family tragedy. Her own grief swells at the mention of dead parents, tearing at the edges of her professionalism; keeping her cool on the Edge has been about the only thing holding her together since Papa's funeral. The last place to start crying is in front of this stranger. She has a job to do, and missing her dad is too big a distraction to afford right now.

"Sorry to hear about your parents," she says to Guardian, offering a sympathetic smile. "It's good you still have a connection to them, being a doctor like them and all. It's a lot more rewarding to save lives then end them, especially once you taste that tragedy yourself."

Then she is choking, a surge of grief catching in her throat, and it takes Cipher a second to gather herself. "So this rescue op, what's your stake in it? Cred-Stick recruit you too?"

Guardian shrugged and replied, 'I got a message from my old mate, Blossom offering me this gig. Seemed like a good opportunity, you know. Maybe a chance to move on up. To be honest, she didn't tell me much. She was a little sketchy on the details. So, mind filling me in? What exactly are you guys doin'?'

"You signed up for this without details?" Cipher raises a fractured eyebrow at that, though she drops it a moment later; she didn't exactly sign up for the eddies alone on this one. "Then it's a good thing you met up with me before the rest of the group." She glances about, shuffling a bit closer to Guardian as she says in a low tone, "Apparently we're hitting a corp compound to rescue a solo. I'm not naming names while we're in the open, but this one is either a shot at glory or a shot through the head. So you'd do well to watch your rear, choombatta."



Posted on 2020-08-13 at 21:50:44.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 51/6
2730 Posts


A plan of sorts

Fixer got some rest and some food while watching the rest of the group.  Organizing the meetings, extractions and whatnot were not his thing.  But finally, things seemed to be coming together a bit.  At least they weren't at each others throats anymore.  Except maybe Bloodbank.  He walked out on them.  Fixer watched him go and shook his head.  On one hand, the dude was smart to get away from this sorry-ass crew.  They'd managed to screw up nearly everything they had touched so far anf fight themselves while doing it. But on the other hand, they'd found Jace.  Mission accomplished.  And what happened to Rya was on Rya, not them. When they worked together they were pretty damn effective.  And that didn't touch the threat that whoever had Vegas would be gunning for them.  Walking out the door alone was walking out . . . alone.  He understood why Bank had done so, but Fixer wasn't planning on going anywhere just yet. 

Which meant it was plan time.  And the plan, it seemed, was going to be to work on some extraction of Vegas.  He saw some of the others ordering weapons and didn't bother.  He could fire a bullet, but he knew being muscle wasn't his skill set.  Instead he set himself down and set to learning everything he could about the compound they would be heading to.  He wanted to know the general floorplan, see pictures, identify likely or known security systems.  Anythign that could be found on the net would be good.  Innocent pictures could often give hints about the type of physical security that might be present.  He'd look more when he got there, of course, but in the mean time, forewarned was forearmed.  And if he found anything, maybe he'd have something to add to Charlie's shopping list - if he knew some of what they would be up against.



Posted on 2020-08-14 at 13:56:44.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 58/18
2464 Posts




   Ghalan sat next to Fixer.  "You thinking about how to do the impossible?  Hard enough to break into a corp compound but then to get back out is double tough.  Seems we have to find a way to at least get in without drawing attention to ourselves to have any chance.  Think there is any chance we can get in posing as delivery or service folks?" 



Posted on 2020-08-15 at 13:14:37.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 51/6
2730 Posts


Delivery services

Fixer was busy digging through the net looking for whatever he could find when Ghalan asked about delivery or service.  "Hhhhh, that could be an option.  The best bet for that would be some sort of security footage - to see what is going into and out of the compound.  It would also give us an up-to-date image of things that might be wrong and in need of fixing.  Raiding a system like that and stealing access to their data is something Blossom is better at.  Check with her because that could be a good idea.  Right now I'm digging to try and identify what sort of security they have.  But while I'm at it I will keep an eye out for deliveries.  Plus whatever systems they might utilize - those systems might need maintenance provided by a very special team.  It would be kinda interesting if we went in to repair the security system, although I suspect that brings with it as many problems as it solves."

As Ghalan began to move away Fixer looked up at him and added, "And we don't have to use the compounds security.  If there are cameras elsewhere in the surrounding streets they may give us info on what goes into and out of our target without actually having to risk tripping their own systems and alerting them."



Posted on 2020-08-19 at 14:33:01.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 180/119
6737 Posts


A little bit of info

Over hearing Fixer and Ghlahn’s short conversation, Casino offered his help.

Well we know the sec company that works for Petrochem, which we know is a subsidiary of Daltdom, are the assholes that have Vegas, so try starting there and see if there is anything special. Any hints they have tie’s in with Mafia, Triad, Yakuza, or other powerful corp relations. Like you said best to work together with Blossom as she might catch something hiding in the shadows that you might miss. I’ll be sure to ask this Akagi guy I’m meeting with if they know something about Daltdom and Petrochem.”

Moving over to sit by Echo he takes her hand.

You ok Echo, you’ve been awful quiet so far, e’buck for your thoughts?”



Posted on 2020-08-19 at 17:42:33.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 58/18
2464 Posts




"Hey Blossum, you have a moment?  I figure trying to fight our way in and out of that corp compound is not gonna happen. Any chance you can find us a sneaky or peaceful way in?  Maybe posing as a delivery or repair team?  They must have cameras that show who comes and goes.  Maybe we can have some of Charlie's friends make us uniforms that match and get in that way." 



Posted on 2020-08-19 at 20:05:24.

Espatier
Resident
Karma: 7/0
287 Posts




Charlie walks back into the room and hears the conversation.    

" Everyone knows about Petrochem... they are one of the biggest producers of CHOOH2, They have their fingers maybe into just about everything.. that is one company I wouldn't want to deal with. Now I don't know much about Daltdom but we all can get on our agents ( phone ) and do some simple research before bothering blossom. That is just a suggestion..." charile comments

(( anyone can research basically... look on your sheets under skill, and look for Library Search (Int). On my sheet its under A:45 in the spreadsheet , Charile (Luther) has a 1d10+9+1 to find "basic" info... result usual come back in either a DM, PM or in Brom's next group posting)). 

" Ghalan, yes your correct.. and that is a great suggestion to pose as delivery people, They have thousands of employees but they don't know whatever company's people are... so we will need to get someone to make use some IDs of either a real company or a fake one, I know a guy, and he is good, not the best, confident,  but handsome as well that can make IDs as well" smirks Charile with his infectious smile. " As for the B+E ( Breaking and Entering) part, I'll leave that up to blossom and Fixer to defeat the cameras and the mechanical stuff that goes along with it. without sounds racial but I feel that still will.... The Chinese I'm sure can make any clothing for a small but yet nominal fee... so my guy that is dapper can make IDs, the Chinese can make clothing if not.. we borrow them from the real places if need be.  Now.... a repair team..." Charile rubs his chin a bit " That is a great angle!" 



Posted on 2020-08-20 at 13:59:58.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 158/11
4402 Posts




March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 04:40 PM PST - Mid-City, Edgerunner Enclave (China Town), Charlie’s Apartment X00050:2.Y00310:08.Z00410:15, South Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West, Rain Showers) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West, Heavy Acid Rain Showers)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 55 (masks required) | Undercity = 85 (masks required)

 

Settling in on the couch, Blossom removes her heart-shaped glasses, folds them, and slips them into an inside pocket on her jacket. Twisting her little hips, she maneuvers into a more comfortable position with one booted foot tucked underneath her and the other placed firmly on the floor next to her smartbag. Holding her arms directly out in front of her, the Asian beauty wiggles her fingers, limbering up as Casino begins his discussion with Ghlahn. They have Vegas’s location and it’s time for her to get to work.

Running the open Web isn’t the safest thing anymore so she’s determined to find what she can with her search skills first and foremost. All that requires is her Magnanimous Charisma Luxury Agent and a little luck. Leaning back into the cushion of the couch, she dives right in. 

Casino finishes up his interaction with the CEE-metal and focuses his attention on his shopping list. Meanwhile, Fixer settles into the chair next to the couch and begins his own research using the limited search capabilities of his Galaxy G554 Luxury Agent. Seeing Casino busy on the newly available agent, Echo finds herself looking out the balcony doors and into the gray skyline of South Nicht City Integrate just as the rain starts falling. Now with added munitions to his repertoire, Ghlahn finds Charlie sitting at the bar and checks some possibilities of his own.

"If you get a chance,” the overly calm cyborg begins while not bothering to sit, “can you see if you can find me some 12mm armor-piercing incendiary rounds for my Colt, some .44 ammo for my rifle, and a few for this SMG and grenade launcher Casino loaned me? Maybe three slashers, two HWDP, two Chem Carriers (smoke), and three HE? I don't think your neighbors would take kindly to me wandering around looking for them myself." Ghlahn hefts the submachine gun with the underbarrel M-205 grenade launcher for emphasis.

”I would agree," Charlie chuckles aloud. “I’ll look into it.”

Satisfied, the sniper turns to approach Fixer while Charlie looks up in time to catch Casino’s look of askance. Charlie gives a non-verbal nod and a motions for the mountain of a solo to join him. Accepting his invitation, Casino moves over to the counter and takes a seat upon one of the red stools near his host.



Posted on 2020-08-20 at 16:20:06.
Edited on 2020-08-20 at 23:39:46 by Bromern Sal

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.




Page loaded in 0.050840 seconds