The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4031 registered users. Our newest member is noahdude628.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Nomad D2)Blacktooth Ridge
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Hammer)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Hammer)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Blacktooth Ridge Q&A (posted by TannTalas)Blacktooth Ridge Q&A
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: The Scales of Eternity Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)Star Trek: Eternity Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Cyberpunk --> Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
Parent thread: Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game
GM for this game: Bromern Sal
Players for this game: TannTalas, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Hammer, Mischief, Espatier, dragon-soul92, CameToPlay
    Messages in Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Womens
Price: $16.00

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 158/11
4397 Posts




(OOC: So that Guardian can add his two bits... Cipher will continue the actual run in the private document.)

Cipher’s conversation with Guardian is interrupted by a simple message in the lower right corner of her optics. It simply states, “Pick up the call - Charlie.” Almost immediately following, another notification appears in her subview screen letting her know she has a call coming in. The number is not Charlie’s and it isn’t one she’s familiar with.

Cipher smiles apologetically at Guardian before sliding her agent out and answering the call.

“Cipher? This is Blossom,” the light feminine voice on the other end says even before Cipher can say hello. “I came up short. You know, nutrunning instead of wardriving. We need a map of the Temecula Heights corporate compound. Think you can try and get that for us? The corpo owner of the compound is Daltdom, a subsidiary of Petrochem.”

Wardriving would certainly be easier. Netrunning now requires Cipher to navigate the Wild Net, what’s left of the public network that was turned into a Wild West wasteland after the virus that legendary Alt let loose some years back. Not only does she have to do the netrunning, but then once she’s successfully navigated the Wild Net, she’ll need to overcome whatever defenses the corpo has in place to get at the development plans. Another route, and probably just as dangerous, is to try to get approved development plans from the State.

It takes Cipher a moment to run the calculations, decide the risk factor, before she realizes just how worth it would be to stick it to a corp. “I’ve got this, Blossom. But did you get any leads on where to start looking? Anything I should be aware of in Daltdom’s Net?”

“The only thing I got was nearly burned. They’ve some pretty heavy security and I think they have at least one live White Hat jacked in right now, the probability is pretty high that there’s more. I went it alone and got made. If I go in again now, they’ll be looking for my signature and will burn me on sight. You gotta be sneakier than I was, sista. If you send me your IP, I’ll watch the ones and zeroes and see if I can back you up at all, but you’re likely on your own. I hope you’re as good as Charlie thinks you are for all our sakes. Anyway, the least I can do is to pass you the Daltdom data fortress IP.”

True to her word, Blossom drops the IP address for Daltdom’s data fortress by way of a quick message to Cipher’s agent. With the IP in hand, Cipher needs to find a place where she can jack in without being interrupted. The Wild Net isn’t something that anyone wants to spend a whole lot of time in so performing a quick transport will be the best bet. Rogue AIs, Worms, Living Malware, and nefarious netrunners lie in wait within the Wild Net and that’s certainly something that Cipher will need to be prepared for but the quick transport means that those dangers would need to hijack her data stream to interrupt her progress. Heeding her counterpart’s warning, going in stealthy right from the getgo will be a necessary precaution. Of course, that will take a portion of her computing power but it is better not to be seen than to be able to pack additional software on the hip.

Once Cipher arrives at the Daltdom data fortress she’s going to have to bust through their firewalls and set software defenses—and, according to Blossom, at least one live netrunner—before she’ll even have access to their mainframe. From there, she’ll need to run some code to locate the data she’s looking for, download it, or send it to a Cloud Vault, and then get back out of the data fortress before being able to jack out. Of course, she can always attempt an emergency jack out within the data fortress if she wants to risk frying her connection and leaving her meat suit in the Real while locking her consciousness in the Net where it will degrade until it eventually becomes a mad, rogue AI, a fate worse than death seeing how she will be aware of her slow descent into madness and there’s nothing she can do about it. 

So messing with their company website would be a no-no while I’m in, Cipher thinks to herself, an attempt to lighten the impending anxiety she gets before every run. But then there’s those calming words from her father - “Life without risk is a life unlived.” - and though he meant it for her to take a chance on love, family maybe, it applies just as much to the Edge.

Her programs of choice are a Stealth, Afreet, and an Imp, with the hope that she’ll remain undetected, aided in code-cracking, and maybe even up a kill on a White Hat, in that order. Her top priority has to be getting in and out, but packing some firepower is never a bad idea.

Cipher gives Guardian a look before signing off from her call with Blossom with a short “Wish me luck.” With the medtech’s attention, she leans in close to keep from prying ears, “Your friend just passed the torch to me, so I need to jack in, and you need to be monitoring meat me while cyber me is away.” She scans her surrounding area, wondering if jacking in anywhere near the Park is risky but bold, or just plain stupid.

Waiting on the skinny medtech's reply, Cipher refamiliarizes herself with the space outside the park. Groomed and inviting, the space is filled with people waiting in line to enter the park or just exiting, more than a few just hanging out. Some Desnai mecha—the piloted kind—stand at intervals throughout the crowd deterring any nefarious activity. There are restrooms, but aside from those boxy structures she'll either have to go back inside the park (the safest location being her mother's home) or move away from the park. There's a place that she's used in the past. A bar and grill called The Edge. It's very Edgerunner friendly and even provides fairly private booths from which she could operate. That's a long ways off by foot and about twenty minutes by cab.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

Blossom hangs up the phone with Cipher and quickly creates a temporary contact credential with both Cipher's and Guardian's  agent's numbers, a simple C and G as the names. Passing the cards to her teammates' agents she says, "You've all got their contacts now. Introduce yourselves and arrange the pick-up."



Posted on 2020-09-02 at 13:52:33.
Edited on 2020-09-02 at 13:55:33 by Bromern Sal

CameToPlay
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 19/2
193 Posts


Carpe diem!

Cipher worries her lip between her teeth, mulling over the options; the Edge is her preferred locale, where she's done many a netrun - not to mention the booths are so comfortable - but her credstick is decidedly depleted, and that four-hour walk is as unappealing as asking Guardian to bum out a few EDIs to cover her bus fare. Public restrooms are doorways to hell, as far as she's concerned, but being private and close to the mecha she can count on if the corp thinks of sending armed goons to her heavily-armed home turf is a plus.

A sideways glance at Guardian has ideas spinning in Cipher's head. He isn't bad-looking by any means, and the flirting when they met and how close she has been getting to him likely is sending some romantic vibes to any strangers keen on people-watching. Public restrooms are known for rendez-vous, and would make for a good cover...

Guardian has a good look at Cipher's lips curling into a sly grin before she glances between his eyes and his mouth, inching her fingers between his. She presses close to him, not being shy about where her chest touches his, and whispers huskily into his ear, "We're going to the non-gendered bathrooms and acting like a horny couple, so for now you have permission to put your hand on my ass. But I'm doing a netrun and will be unconscious once I get jack in, so it's your job to keep me breathing until I get back."

To make it look good, she presses a linger kiss just below Guardian's ear, entwining her fingers with his properly now, and begins leading him towards the public restroom.

If there's any hope of trusting him, Cipher thinks to herself as she walks, I'll found it shortly.



Posted on 2020-09-14 at 00:47:48.

dragon-soul92
RDI Fixture
Karma: 15/1
544 Posts


'Close' Friend

Guardian furrowed his brow as Cipher glanced at her agent, wondering who the text was from but he wasn't going to pry. Yeah, they may be in the same team now but what's her business is her business. Instead he waited somewhat impatiently, wondering what was taking so long for the pick up to get them to the rest of the group. He was eager to reunite with Blossom and he hoped she felt the same way. They'd been apart for too long and, when they left each other it took him a long while to move on. Truth is, she'd always been in his thoughts and little everyday things reminded him of her. Her favourite song on the radio, seeing her favourite flower as he walked by the florist on his way to the hospital for work, her favourite café that he still frequented hoping to catch her there. Well, looks like he'll have to hold on a little while longer as he had an important job to do first and he wasn't about to screw it up. That would go down well with the rest of the team, proving how incompetent he was...Yeah, not gonna happen. Besides, he always did everything he could to save and protect those around him however he could. Cipher was putting her life in his hands and there was no way he was going to let her down by not living up to that trust.
His thoughts were interrupted as he felt slender fingers interlocking with his. Taken by surprise at the complete suddeness and intimacy of the contact, he blinked a few times, startled before he looked down and saw Cipher's hand holding his. She began to inch closer and as nice as this was, he was a little confused. First she blows him off, now she's getting close? He feels her warm breath on his cheek as she kisses him softly below his ear and he couldn't help but feel his cheeks flush. She was hot. Still in a state of confusion, he didn't respond until she whispered her plan quietly in his ear. Act like a couple? Now this is a plan he could do. Wrapping his strong arm around her waist and the other holding her hand, he allowed her to guide him further into the park, unable to fully prevent the grin that was stretching his lips.


Posted on 2020-09-14 at 17:16:21.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 158/11
4397 Posts




March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:10 PM PST - Mid-City, Edgerunner Enclave (China Town), Charlie’s Apartment X00050:2.Y00310:08.Z00410:15, South Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West, Rain Showers) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West, Heavy Acid Rain Showers)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 55 (masks required) | Undercity = 85 (masks required)

 

Within a few minutes of Casino’s exit, Fixer, Blossom, and Ghlahn have gathered up their things and made their exit leaving Echo and Charlie to their devices. It’s only 17:10 and the meeting with Mugsy Devil isn’t until 20:30 leaving plenty of time to kill. According to Luther’s agent, the trip to the Great Roll Hibachi Kitchen will only take about fifteen minutes. 

Ghlahn, Blossom, and Fixer make their way as delicately as possible down through the Edgerunner warren’s labyrinthian halls and stairs in their best efforts to avoid interaction. Only Ghlahn doesn’t wear the alt-cult’s dog tags and though the enclave doesn’t have any reason to be upset with a Cee-metal that they are aware of, there’s no point risking trouble. Once at the van, Fixer takes the wheel leaving Ghlahn in the passenger seat where he can deal with any trouble they may run into and Blossom in the back middle at least a little bit out of harm’s way. 

Blossom sends the techie the location where they’re supposed to pick up their two new team members and with his agent attached to the dash through it’s built-in magplate feature, Fixer takes them out into the rain. The trip to the pick up point will take close to a half-hour under current traffic conditions but in Night City that can change on the drop of a dime. 

As kind as the city is being to the trio with traffic conditions, Fate is a fickle creature. Fifteen minutes or so into their drive and the engine sputters, bucks, groans, and heaves before leaving them in a rapid deceleration with no off ramp in sight and a small shoulder their only option. Luckily, the maneuver to the shoulder isn’t tricky and Fixer pulls it off with ease. 

 

(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:25 PM PST - Mid-City, Edgerunner Enclave (China Town), Charlie’s Apartment X00050:2.Y00310:08.Z00410:15, South Night City Integrate.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:20 PM PST - High-City, Temecula Heights Corporate Compound, Jeanette’s House X00550:35.Y00110:89.Z98310:08, West Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

 

Gingerly rising from his crouch, Vegas steadies himself against the wall, again making certain that the toilet paper is between him and the potential for fingerprints. As he stands there he replays his previous searches through his mind. The microdisk requires a very particular kind of player to read it, so specific that he’s positive no modern technologies can do it. He’s not even sure he can remember what the player is called and nowhere in his recollection does he remember seeing a player in his searches.

Once the Crooner secures the microdisk in the best possible hiding place on his person (Hide/Escape roll 1d10+7=10), Vegas realizes that the clock is ticking, so the first thing he does is to make sure that the right eyeball of the deceased chemist is properly returned into Jeanette’s socket. Then with toilet paper tissue in hand, the Solo tenderly lays her head back to its former ‘death rest’ to make sure that what he discovered remains a secret, as he sadly sings a song sweet and low to help him remain focused on the task at hand:

Failing to remember where a microdisk player may have been secreted on the premises, the dapper solo focuses on remembering the culprit who has brutally slain Jeannette. He recalls that the man was missing a glove, so he quickly but efficiently searches for the glove, while also trying to locate the disk player… fully aware that he must ‘get out of Dodge’ as soon as possible (Awareness/Notice roll 1d10+9=1!

Using all of his senses to detect the missing items, the Charismatic Crooner also expands his search for any ‘hidden rooms’ or perhaps a secluded tunnel that he may use for an escape route. Afterall, the Crooner reasons that since Jeannette was a chemist, perhaps she has a hidden lab connected to her home that would provide the Dapper Solo with more clues and answers to his present dilemma!

Vegas searches for the best escape route: including maps, photos or blueprints of the community compound, which seems to be nothing more than a fashionable prison compound; checks his weapons and since Jeannette was a ‘pill popper’ the Frank Sinatra look-alike also seeks any painkillers that he can periodically pop without impairing the Dapper Solo’s senses or combat abilities.

Because he has seen many unexpected and grisly deaths over the course of his life, both inside and outside of edgerunning, the Crooner focuses his emotions to rise above the melancholy state of his previous song in favor of a lighter and happier tune as he focuses on his best plan of escape in preparation for a rendezvous with the ‘extraction team’ that Casino had promised would be on their way… if Vegas is able to remain frosty and keep his cool deep within the enemy enclave.

Of all the items that the solo is keen on finding, his search only produces two: the glove and a bag with twenty or so white pills inside. There’s some regular strength Aspirin in a cupboard with some other standard non-helpful medicines as well. Not a thing in the house has any sign of a map and there aren’t any computers aside from the standard smart console that can be found in most corporate compounds these days. No laptop, no tablet, no desktop… no computer let alone some secret laboratory. There’s quite a few physical books on chemistry but they look like they’ve barely been opened. Still no sign of a cleaner either and it’s been… twenty-five minutes since he began his search, even longer since the poor girl was put on ice.

 

(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:45 PM PST - High-City, Temecula Heights Corporate Compound, Jeanette’s House X00550:35.Y00110:89.Z98310:08, West Night City Integrate.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:05 PM PST - High-City, Desnai Enclave Park, de Costa’s Conapt X00230:76.Y00100:03.Z97240:52, Central Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

 

Cipher presses close to Guardian, not being shy about where her chest touches his, and whispers huskily into his ear, "We're going to the non-gendered bathrooms and acting like a horny couple, so for now you have permission to put your hand on my ass. But I'm doing a netrun and will be unconscious once I get jack in, so it's your job to keep me breathing until I get back."

To make it look good, she presses a lingering kiss just below Guardian's ear, entwining her fingers with his properly now, and begins leading him towards the public restroom.

If there's any hope of trusting him, Cipher thinks to herself as she walks, I'll find it shortly.

Taken by surprise at the complete suddenness and intimacy of the contact, the medtech blinks a few times, startling before he looks down and sees Cipher's hand holding his. She inches closer and as nice as this is, he is a little confused. First she blows me off, now she's getting close? He feels her warm breath on his cheek as she kisses him softly below his ear and can’t help but feel his cheeks flush. She is hot. Still in a state of confusion, he doesn’t respond until she whispers her plan quietly in his ear. Act like a couple? Now this is a plan I can do. Wrapping his strong arm around her waist and the other holding her hand, he allows her to guide him towards the building housing the restrooms, unable to fully prevent the grin that is stretching his lips.

If this behavior draws any unwanted attention, neither of the edgerunners notice. Luck is on their side and there’s a stall that’s not in use when they slip inside the very well-cared for non-gender specific restroom. The scent in the air is lavender, the floor is a sparkling white and black marble, and there isn’t a single sign of graffiti. Desnai takes really good care of their property, even that which exists outside the parks. 

There’s just enough room in the stall for Cipher to sit on the toilet cover leaving Guardian to stand, basically between her knees. The netrunner could sit on the toilet basin, her feet on the seat cover leaving Guardian more room but then, he would have to stand facing the toilet the whole time, sit on the seat between her feet and twist about to monitor her, or do some combination of the two. 


(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:10 PM PST - High-City, Desnai Enclave Park, Entrance X00233:76.Y00095:03.Z97240:52, Central Night City Integrate.)



Posted on 2020-09-14 at 21:06:27.

Mischief
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 7/1
114 Posts


*

Echo sat quietly thinking to herself and hoping Casino would be ok. Going alone to meet the Yakuza was ballsy, but the big Solo was no slouch. As she watched Ghlahn, Fixer and Blossom walk out the door of the apt, she found herself alone with Charlie.

So where we headed?”



Posted on 2020-09-18 at 17:32:41.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 58/18
2432 Posts




  Ghalan jumped into the van with Blossum and Fixer.  The trio was on their way to pick up the new recruits and then off to conduct surveilance on teh corp compound.  The trip should have been smooth but 15 minutes later the van crapped out and the three of them found themselves stranded on the side of the road.  "Seems the van wasn't in as good a shape as advertised.  Time to see if you can live up to you moniker Fixer.  Hopefully it is a simple matter.  If not it is gonna be a long walk."  Ghalan opened the back doors and took a seat where he could watch for any trouble while Fixer worked on the van.  



Posted on 2020-09-18 at 21:33:51.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 51/6
2677 Posts


Nice Van, Charlie

Fixer muttered a few choice curses as he manuevered the vehicle to road's small shoulder.  The way the vehicle reacted as it slowed down and moved to the side made him fairly certain that he knew the issue and that he could likely fix it, but that didn't mean it wasn't frustrating.  It seemed time was always pressing these days.  This mission probably had less time pressure then anything they had done recently with others on the team off at various meetings, but the idea had been to use that time to scout out the dangerous next step.  Be damned if he wanted to go into that compound without a plan.  And a good plan took time and information.  Vegas likely didn't have much time.  Stupid van!

"Seems the van wasn't in as good a shape as advertised.  Time to see if you can live up to you moniker Fixer.  Hopefully it is a simple matter.  If not it is gonna be a long walk."

Fixer looked at the cee-metal and grinned behind his mask. "Hey, I didn't pick this piece of junk.  You just point those blasters of your in another direction.  I'm hopin' I know whats up.  Fixer it is."  He didn't think the big shooter heard the "I hope" he mumbled as he dug in under the vehicles hood. 

But the little mechanic was right.  It wasn't long before he had the vehicle running again.  He waved Ghalan back into the van.  "All fixed-up big guy.  And look!  You kept us safe the whole time too!"  He moved himself into the drivers seat and urged the vehicle back out into traffic and continued towards the pickup.  Glancing at the others he briefly sang, "On the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again!  The life I love is making music with my friends!  I just can't wait to get on the road again!"  Taking it down a notch he said, "lets go get those others and see what we can see." 



Posted on 2020-09-19 at 12:52:08.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 93/24
4274 Posts


On a Whim

The Charismatic Crooner carefully examined the glove he had found, hoping to find any clues regarding its owner, or anything else that might be overlooked to the average eye.

Then the Dapper Solo quickly searched for a baggie or something to encase the glove, before secreting it on his person, in case the brutal owner’s fingerprints were somehow preserved well enough to yield more secret information as to his true identity and purpose in this Sec Corp Compound, at a later time when someone with more expertise could make a more thorough examination.

Vegas was banking on his ability to be reunited with his long-time partner Casino and hopefully, that someone would be able to examine the glove with better results than the Dapper Solo was able to do on such short notice in these confined and compromised close quarters.

The Frank Sinatra look-alike prepared to exit the premises, by either a well-calculated or lucky gamble of choice, in hopes of finding a better place in the compound to await his ‘rescuers’ that he hoped would arrive soon enough to extricate him from his present predicament, like a well-timed calvary unit.

Vegas was certain that a Cleaner would be arriving soon to clean up this mess, so with the evening shadows become longer, the Dapper Solo must make a choice as to what his next move would be.

On a Whim, the Charismatic Crooner decided to pause long enough to take a much closer look at the physical books on chemistry that looked like they had barely been opened, in case he may be fortunate enough to uncover any hidden clues that would be to his advantage.



Posted on 2020-09-20 at 16:18:34.

CameToPlay
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 19/2
193 Posts




With Guardian in tow, Cipher leads the way to the stall furthest from the doorway, hoping for some amount of privacy, and locks the door when they're both inside. She's quite pleased with her home turf's care for even public restrooms, but still isn't keen on potentially waking up on the floor, so she closes the toliet lid, takes a seat on the basin itself, feet on the lid. Her bag she sets on her lap, settling as comfortably as possible against the wall.

As she readied herself for jacking in, Cipher regards Guardian one last time, "See you in a few."



Posted on 2020-09-24 at 14:33:23.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 158/11
4397 Posts




GHLAHN, FIXER, and BLOSSOM

March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:25 PM PST - Mid-City, Freeway Shoulder, South Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West, Rain Showers) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West, Heavy Acid Rain Showers)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 55 (masks required) | Undercity = 85 (masks required)

 

Ghlahn jumps into the van with Blossom and Fixer. The trio is on their way to pick up the new recruits and then off to conduct surveillance on the corp compound. The trip should be smooth but 15-minutes later the van craps out and the three of them find themselves stranded on the side of the road.  

"Seems the van wasn't in as good a shape as advertised.” The CEE-metal sniper remarks coldly. “Time to see if you can live up to your moniker Fixer. Hopefully, it is a simple matter. If not, it is gonna be a long walk." 

Fixer mutters a few choice curses as he maneuvers the vehicle to the road's small shoulder.  The way the vehicle reacts as it slows down and moves to the side makes him fairly certain that he knows the issue and that he can likely fix it, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t frustrating. It seems time is always pressing these days. This mission probably has less time pressure than anything they had done recently with others on the team off at various meetings, but the idea has been to use this time to scout out the dangerous next step. Be damned if he wants to go into that compound without a plan, and a good plan takes time and information. Vegas likely doesn’t have much time. Stupid van!

Fixer looks at the CEE-metal and grins behind his mask, "Hey, I didn't pick this piece of junk.  You just point those blasters of yours in another direction. I'm hopin' I know what's up. Fixer it is."  

He doesn’t think the big shooter heard the "I hope" he mumbled as he digs in under the vehicle’s hood and Ghlahn opens the back doors and takes a seat where he can watch for any trouble while Fixer works on the van. Blossom shakes her head and mumbles something of her own under her breath in a foreign tongue but remains in her seat doing something on her agent. 

The mechanic is right. It isn’t long before he has the vehicle running again and he waves Ghlahn back into the van. "All fixed-up big guy, and look! You kept us safe the whole time too!"  

Fixer moves himself into the driver’s seat and merges the vehicle into traffic and continues towards the pickup location. Glancing at the others he briefly sings, "On the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again! The life I love is making music with my friends! I just can't wait to get on the road again!" Taking it down a notch he adds, "let’s go get those others and see what we can see."

Blossom snorts in a rather unladylike way, “Don’t give up your day job, Choomba.”

Checking his GPS, Fixer determines that they are still about twenty minutes from the Park if traffic conditions hold up. Rush hour is in full swing and the freeway speeds are really beginning to be reduced. The speedometer currently reads 40mph / 64kph and the techie is constantly having to apply the brakes, speed up again, and brake again. 

Ghlahn continues to keep a close eye on their surroundings, his narrowed green eyes constantly flicking between the sideview mirror and the front and side windows. Civilians are everywhere in their ground cars heading home from work, or towards their swing shift destinations. The CEE-metal can imagine some are heading for a night out on the town, but those would be few and far between on a Monday night. Mixed in with the civilian mob are the street gangs and nomad packs that prey on the weak and vulnerable. It is for these wolves that the sniper is keeping his eyes peeled for. Any who saw the van parked on the side of the freeway could have determined that they’re an easy mark with an unreliable vehicle and trouble is always just a bat of an eye away in Night City. 

Five minutes after the trio is back on the road, M’haru Ghlahn spots a pickup truck moving a little erratically ahead by five cars. Watching it closely, he witnesses the truck pull sharply in front of a gray two door coupe. Brake lights illuminating, the truck forces the lane to slow dramatically on a dime while those in the adjacent lanes react similarly, hitting their brakes. Fixer spots the sudden slowdown just in time and hits the van’s brakes hard. 

“Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!” Blossom curses, her left hand bracing against the back of Fixer’s seat. 

Eyeballing the truck, Ghlahn watches as the vehicle comes to a complete stop, two gangers popping up from the bed, submachine guns pointed at the driver of the coupe. The far left lane is at a complete stop now, the occupants of the truck holding it hostage. The lane immediately to the coupe’s right is speeding up again but still moving slowly while the other lanes, including the one the edgerunners are in which is three away from the incident, are all moving back to speed.

(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:45 PM PST - Freeway, South Night City Integrate.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

VEGAS

March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:45 PM PST - High-City, Temecula Heights Corporate Compound, Jeanette’s House X00550:35.Y00110:89.Z98310:08, West Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

 

The Charismatic Crooner carefully examines the glove he has found, hoping to find any clues regarding its owner, or anything else that might be overlooked to the average eye (Wardrobe/Style check: 9). He doesn’t recognize the brand, though it is obviously hand-stitched and not the results of an autofactory, and hand-stitched means quality and luxury. Running his splice-enhanced fingers over the length of the glove, the solo is disappointed to come up without any further clues that might help him in his endeavor (Tactile Awareness/Notice check: 13). Visually, the glove gives away none of its secrets as well, leavin the injured man right where he had started (Visual Awareness/Notice check: 1

The dapper solo quickly searches the kitchen for a baggie or something to encase the glove, before secreting it on his person, in case the brutal owner’s fingerprints are somehow preserved well enough to yield more secret information as to his true identity and purpose in this sec corp compound, at a later time when someone with more expertise could make a more thorough examination. Maybe he can lean a little on Da’rion to use his cop contacts. It’s been a while since Vegas checked in on his old mentor in any case.

Vegas is banking on his ability to be reunited with his long-time partner Casino and hopefully, that someone would be able to examine the glove with better results than the dapper solo is currently able to do in these confined and compromised close quarters, even with his cybernetic enhancements.

The Frank Sinatra look-alike prepares to exit the premises, by either a well-calculated or lucky gamble of choice, in hopes of finding a better place in the compound to await his ‘rescuers’ that he hopes will arrive soon enough to extricate him from his present predicament, like a well-timed cavalry unit. Vegas is certain that a Cleaner will be arriving soon to take care of this mess, so with the evening shadows becoming longer, the dapper solo makes a choice as to what his next move will be.

On a whim, the Charismatic Crooner decides to pause long enough to take a much closer look at the physical books on chemistry that appear to have been barely opened, in case he may be fortunate enough to uncover any hidden clues that would be to his advantage. After another fifteen minutes of fruitless review, he sets the last of the books back in its place as best he can remember and makes his way to the front window. 

These corporate housing units are all the rage with the latest technologies. The window has no blinds or curtains. The glass tint is controlled by the house AI and verbal commands keyed to the owner’s voice and biometrics. The owner can set additional users but Vegas was never set up. Instead, he is forced to open the door a crack and peer out as the window’s tint is completely opaque. The street isn’t as quiet as he wishes. This time of night has people returning home from work and there are any number of ground cars making their way home. To leave Jeanette’s house through the front would require risking being seen by one of her neighbors. He could attempt going over fences and through backyards but the sky is still bright and he will have very little cover. A housewife, security system, or returning occupant might spot him and that would be even more suspicious than some stranger walking down the street.

Closing the door, Luke considers his options while leaning against the cool metal of the front door, his body aching from his recent beatings. He can risk encountering the cleaner that he is positive will be arriving at any time by staying in Jeanette’s house with her corpse. Even if there isn’t a cleaner on the way, her coworkers would eventually notice she isn’t showing up for work and HR will send someone by to check on her. That eventuality would likely be tomorrow seeing as how she didn’t show up for work today or, to the best of his knowledge, call in. Option two is to waltz out onto the street like he belongs there and go for a stroll in an attempt to locate a better place to hole up until the team can get him out of there. The third option is to try his luck scrambling over backyard fences and hope he can find someplace to afford him succor until his extraction. 

Checking his agent, Luke discovers that sunset is about an hour. He needs to make his decision fast.

(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 06:05 PM PST - High-City, Temecula Heights Corporate Compound, Jeanette’s House X00550:35.Y00110:89.Z98310:08, West Night City Integrate.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CIPHER and GUARDIAN

March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:10 PM PST - High-City, Desnai Enclave Park, de Costa’s Conapt X00230:76.Y00100:03.Z97240:52, Central Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

 

There’s just enough room in the stall for Cipher to sit on the toilet cover leaving Guardian to stand, basically between her knees. The netrunner can sit on the toilet basin, her feet on the seat cover leaving Guardian more room but then, he will have to stand facing the toilet the whole time, sit on the seat between her feet and twist about to monitor her, or do some combination of the two. 

She's quite pleased with her home turf's care for even public restrooms, but still isn't keen on potentially waking up on the floor, so she closes the toilet lid, and takes a seat on the basin itself, feet on the lid. She sets her bag on her lap, settling as comfortably as possible against the wall. As she readies herself for jacking in, Cipher regards Guardian one last time, "See you in a few." (The Netrun will now be moved to our document.)

The medtech is retrieving his mediscanner when the sickening feeling of falling grips Cipher’s entire being and swirling, twisting lights encompass her vision. Seconds later, she’s in the Wild Net leaving Guardian alone in a stall with an unbelievably beautiful woman, unconscious for all intents and purposes within a few inches of him. 

Activating the mediscanner, Guardian holds it up in front of her perfect face, the results of the scan appearing on his subview screen flowing over his vision. 

Blood pressure: 109/75 mm Hg

Breathing: 12 breaths per minute

Pulse: 85 beats per minute

Temperature: 97.8°F / 36.5°C 

Everything is normal if maybe a slightly elevated blood pressure, but he can easily dismiss that as a result of jacking in. He has heard that it is quite a rush. Producing a sensor pad from the base of the mediscanner, David places it on her left temple, syncs the scanner to the sensor and then hooks the device on his belt. With the sensor pad in place he’ll have a constant stream of her vitals across his viewscreen and an AI that will warn him if there’s any concern in the readout.  

Now comes the waiting game. Wait and watch. Watch and hope that no trouble occurs for him in this public non-gender specific toilet.

(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:20 PM PST - High-City, Desnai Enclave Park, Entrance Public Restroom X00233:76.Y00095:03.Z97240:52, Central Night City Integrate.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECHO and CHARLIE

March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:10 PM PST - Mid-City, Edgerunner Enclave (China Town), Charlie’s Apartment X00050:2.Y00310:08.Z00410:15, South Night City Integrate.

Weather Conditions: High City (Very Windy, 25 mph winds from the West.) | Midcity (Windy, 13mph winds from the West.) | Undercity (Slight Wind, 5mph gusts from the West.)

Air Quality Index: High City = 0 | Midcity = 35 | Undercity = 65 (masks required)

 

Echo sits quietly thinking to herself and hoping Casino will be okay. Going alone to meet the Yakuza is ballsy, but the big solo is no slouch. She had watched Ghlahn, Fixer and Blossom walk out the door of the apartment and finds herself alone with Charlie.

The apartment is much quieter with just Charlie and Echo remaining. With time to kill until Charlie’s meeting with the Tong, the nomad woman decides that she needs more information to prepare for what’s pending. 

“So,” the pretty young woman begins nonchalantly, “where we headed?”


(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:45 PM PST - Mid-City, Edgerunner Enclave (China Town), Charlie’s Apartment X00050:2.Y00310:08.Z00410:15, South Night City Integrate.)



Posted on 2020-09-30 at 14:18:48.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 51/6
2677 Posts


Someone is having a very bad day

Fixer hated rush hour traffic.  It was not just slow, but disjointed.  Fast, slow, fast, slow. 

And then the pickup several vehicles ahead pulled a crazy swerving movement.  Coming to a complete stop a couple of thugs emerged from the back and aimed submachine guns at the driver of a coupe.  Quickly glancing over at Ghlahn, Fixer was glad and not surprised to note that the cee-metal had also spotted the incident. 

He hated seeing crap like this happen.  Thugs and guns abounded and the world went to hell.  Welcome to Thunderdome.  A part of him wanted to play the vigilante and put a stop to this sort of crap.  But it was a very small part that didn't get to come out and play anywhere beyond dream land.  Right now they had their own problems.  Vegas and a locked down compound were still miles in front of him. That was the battle they needed to get to, not this mess on the highway; whoever the poor victim might be. 

Fixer locked his eyes on the traffic in front of him - he wanted to make sure nothing else went crazy here.  The biggest risk was likely to be rubberneckers gawking at the crime scene, but it wasn't impossible that there was some larger action going on.  Knowing there were likely targets on their backs, Fixer wasn't taking anything for granted.  "Keep your eyes peeled everyone, nothing says there is only one."  He drove on, wanting to gun it but limited by the traffic. 



Posted on 2020-10-04 at 16:15:13.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 58/18
2432 Posts




Ghalan saw the age old ritual of the weak being targeted by the strong play out before his eyes.  It was the way of things but was it right?  Was his group any different?  He glanced at Fixer and saw in his eyes that he was torn a bit between lending aid and continuing their mission,  "If you give me a head's up when you spot an opening I can make sure at least one or two of them pay dearly for their choice as we make our getaway."



Posted on 2020-10-04 at 20:26:26.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 93/24
4274 Posts


Frosty Is Melting

Vegas was in a tight spot and he decided that he could no longer remain in the housing unit with the dead body of his short-lived benefactress.

As he leaned against the cool metal of the front door, the Charismatic Crooner was becoming more aware of the toll his body had taken from the beatings, so hopping backyard fences was not very feasible in the Frank Sinatra look-alike’s immediate future.

He hummed a tune to himself, contemplating how much time he may still have to wait inside the housing unit, before taking his chances on the outside.

Fondling his Agent with the realization that sunset is about an hour away, the Dapper Solo decided on the spur-of-the-moment to send a message to Charlie and Blossom in hopes that they would understand what his brief message was trying to communicate to them:

‘Frosty is Melting

Send Authorization’

Vegas was hoping that either Charlie or Blossom would realize that he was in dire need of a proper and as fool-proof-as-possible Authorization Code for a Visitor Designation to be on the compound grounds, hoping to buy the Dapper Solo as much time as he needed to elude security, or at best to fly-under-the-radar long enough to remain in relative seclusion, while waiting for an extraction team to arrive!

Having sent the message to both parties, the Charismatic Crooner waited as long as he thought possible inside the housing unit, before nonchalantly opening the door and strolling out into the evening air, singing a soft tune as he made a leisurely right turn, armed with his weapons and wits to embrace the unknown fate that awaited Vegas on the neighborhood streets of the compound grounds.

Vegas made his way ‘Nice-N-Easy’ 

https/www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuANCcsODq0



Posted on 2020-10-11 at 15:03:20.
Edited on 2020-10-11 at 15:04:32 by Hammer

Espatier
Resident
Karma: 7/0
281 Posts


I'm still around


(OOC: March 10th, Day 4 - Monday, Time is 05:45 PM PST - Mid-City, Edgerunner Enclave (China Town), Charlie’s Apartment X00050:2.Y00310:08.Z00410:15, South Night City Integrate.)

“So,” the pretty young woman begins nonchalantly, “where we headed?”

"to the bad side of town...." Charlie looks ahead for a bit " "Ummm head toward the river then make a right and follow the road for a bit, then I'll get my bear and let you know which way from that point, is that okay?" He asks. 

Charlie begins to make his way down to the truck and take the front passenger seat and let's echo drive. 

 

" Remember that she is held by bubble gum and prayers..... oh... I'm all out of prayers, so please be nice to this old gal" Charlie smile for a bit she becomes preoccupied with his agent in his hand."



Posted on 2020-10-18 at 22:33:12.

dragon-soul92
RDI Fixture
Karma: 15/1
544 Posts


It's Good to Hear Your Voice, Old Friend...*Guardian Calls Blossom*

((OOC: I'll delete this if, for whatever reason, it's not a good time to call Blossom))

Guardian checked the readings of Cypher's vitals carefully. Everything seemed to be in order, so he decided to contact his old friend and the one that got him this gig, Blossom.

Pulling out his agent, he hesitated. What do you say to someone you haven't seen in years? He'd just be happy to hear her voice again. Swallowing his uncertainty of what he was going to say, he decided to just let his heart do the talking. Whatever came to mind. Inhaling, steadying his nerves, he finally dialled her number.

((OOC: Do I assume Blossom answers, or do I wait for her to answer in a post?))


Posted on 2020-10-20 at 20:21:39.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.




Page loaded in 0.064262 seconds